News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

September 2008 Observations

Started by ChristopherF, September 02, 2008, 10:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LandoverDivision

The REAL Landover Division fan!

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: ChristopherF on September 05, 2008, 11:48:47 PM
METROBUS:
9336 on the 3B (Rosslyn Station) with an "A" block
9376 on the 83 (Cherry Hill) with a "B" block
4216 on the 86 (Calverton)
4219 on the R3 (Ft Totten)

1. Not that big of a deal. Arlington does run the 3B and they do have some 9300s at their disposal.
2. A 9300 happens to wind up on the 83/86 sometimes probably due to the assignment. Anything is possible at rush hour. I've seen a 3000 on this one block on the 83/86 even during rush hour. It probably runs an 82 later on in the evening.
3 and 4. I have no idea what 4200s are where since the Southeast close and Bussian roulette. I might have to update the roster for Montgomery that I have.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

OrionFlyer

#17
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on September 06, 2008, 05:22:01 PM
I've seen a 3000 on this one block on the 83/86 even during rush hour. It probably runs an 82 later on in the evening.

Must been packed like crazy.

Speaking of Rush Hour, is Bladensburg buses on the 90,92, 93 line possible?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: NGOrion on September 06, 2008, 06:54:21 PM
Must been packed like crazy.

Speaking of Rush Hour, is Bladensburg buses on the 90,92, 93 line possible?

It is possible. I have seen some Bburg buses on those routes.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

WES

There are a few NABI BRTs parked at Carmen E Turner, doesn't look anymore nopowers are parked there anymore, so those may have be gone for good.
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: WES on September 06, 2008, 10:43:27 PM
There are a few NABI BRTs parked at Carmen E Turner, doesn't look anymore nopowers are parked there anymore, so those may have be gone for good.

The no-powers are still at CET. They are just in the other yard. I see them when I ride past on the MARC train in the morning.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: NGOrion on September 06, 2008, 11:06:19 AM
Quote from: ChristopherF on September 05, 2008, 11:48:47 PM
METROBUS:
4216 on the 86 (Calverton)
4219 on the R3 (Ft Totten)


Montgomery does those lines too? Maybe that D40LFR I saw on the 86 that day was Montgomery's and not Landover's.
No...4200-4219 are Bladensburg buses
Not sure if 4220-4224 are still @ Montgomery, but 4225-4239 are the Montgomery 4200s
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

ChristopherF

#22
METROBUS:
2077 on the C8 (White Flint Station), freshly rehabbed
2082 on the Z2 (Colesville), remains unrehabbed

Perry

I guess it's probably close to the 2100 and 2200's to get rehabbed.  I don't know what more they'd do to them other than slap a fresh coat of paint. 

Glad to see the Orion VI's alive and well in MD. 

WayneNYC

2811 broke down at Georgia just north of Military.  2820 (non MetroExtra bus) on the 79 this afternoon. 

On the Green Line I saw not one, but two trains of Rohr cars!  I was beginning to think the Rohrs were forbidden on the Green and permanently trapped on the Red. 

Also I rode 6014 on the Green line today.  For those who don't know... This pair is part of the test with non-capeted floors and interior grab iron similar to that used by NYCTA.  It's actally closer to the grab iron on NYCTA/MTAB buses than the subway.  I also like the larger exterior car numbers just above the brown area on the sides.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: WayneNYC on September 08, 2008, 11:52:42 PM
2811 broke down at Georgia just north of Military.  2820 (non MetroExtra bus) on the 79 this afternoon. 

On the Green Line I saw not one, but two trains of Rohr cars!  I was beginning to think the Rohrs were forbidden on the Green and permanently trapped on the Red. 

Also I rode 6014 on the Green line today.  For those who don't know... This pair is part of the test with non-capeted floors and interior grab iron similar to that used by NYCTA.  It's actally closer to the grab iron on NYCTA/MTAB buses than the subway.  I also like the larger exterior car numbers just above the brown area on the sides.
Which reminds me...I forgot to mention that I saw 1132 and 1133 with whiter lights inside and large exterior numbers above the brown area.
I haven't seen the inside completely because that train was not headed my direction (btw this was a couple of weeks ago in Metro Center on the red line)
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Tristan

Metro changed the light bulbs and put bigger numbers on some cars for no apparent reason...my only guess is that they are tired of ordering one temperature for some cars and cooler ones for others.  Except for this strange greenish glow when beige and cold white mix together, there's no real difference inside.

79MetroExtraMD

#27
Metrobus

2196 on the D6 @ Union Station(WD60 block)
3929 K1 @ WRAMC

Ride On
729 on the 16 towards Takoma on Piney Branch
501 on the 15 towards Langley Park right behind 729
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

LandoverDivision

Quote from: Tristan on September 10, 2008, 12:45:32 AM
Metro changed the light bulbs and put bigger numbers on some cars for no apparent reason...my only guess is that they are tired of ordering one temperature for some cars and cooler ones for others.  Except for this strange greenish glow when beige and cold white mix together, there's no real difference inside.

Yeah. When I was at P.G Plaza Station, I noticed the larger numbers on Alstom cars. I seen the 4000 series cars with the larger numbers, but I didn't expect to see them on the Alstoms.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

WES

I saw ROHR 1000 with the larger numbers parked in the New Carrollton yard today.

Also parked in the yard but seen yesterday was 2811 that broke down on Tuesday, I guess it needed the day off.

And in the you can't be serious segment, DUH BUS may still have an ODV running...........yes I said there maybe an ODV still running.  I saw an ODV on what looked to be running on the 22 heading into the Landover Mall site this morning, but too far to see if it had passengers or even if it was if still had and THE BUS decals on it.  So be on the lookout there maybe an ODV still running, there is still maybe a chance to get your last rides on one *snickers* .
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun