News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Branding of WMATA buses (revisited)

Started by Tritransit Area, January 25, 2010, 11:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Annex4421

Once again as I've said before if one branding is a waste then ALL brandings are a waste, but lets not forget this Local/Express branding just started, so leaving off the branding wouldn't have done anything. I mean who's to say if the passengers really cared whats on the buses but the route to take them where they need to go, needless to say if they're Local or Express. I personally won't care if the bus was pink or had a Newport wrap on it as long as the bus gets me to where I need to go then I'm good. I like the schemes because its new and different, but along with a lot of you guys I feel the Express scheme is being used wrong I mean the Metroextra scheme is the same color as the Express scheme just vice-versa so maybe in a way WMATA probably looked at it like I looked at it. 



WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: Southeastern Annex on January 27, 2010, 05:40:55 PM
Once again as I've said before if one branding is a waste then ALL brandings are a waste, but lets not forget this Local/Express branding just started, so leaving off the branding wouldn't have done anything. I mean who's to say if the passengers really cared whats on the buses but the route to take them where they need to go, needless to say if they're Local or Express. I personally won't care if the bus was pink or had a Newport wrap on it as long as the bus gets me to where I need to go then I'm good. I like the schemes because its new and different, but along with a lot of you guys I feel the Express scheme is being used wrong I mean the Metroextra scheme is the same color as the Express scheme just vice-versa so maybe in a way WMATA probably looked at it like I looked at it. 

You'd be surprised at how many passengers who aren't transit fans train themselves to expect a certain type of vehicle on their routes (i.e. a Route 79 should be blue/silver) and then get surprised when it doesn't come, possibly even letting the bus go by because they aren't expecting what actually showed.

Annex4421

I've seen that before and those same people still get on it, despite it being a different bus, I mean when Bladensburg had 2620 and 2621 for that short period of time people did notice the Pike Ride banners but they still got on the bus (I think that was the B2 that day) but again a lot of people don't care about what color the bus is as long as it gets them where they need to go. I mean just wait it out we make judgement calls about WMATA too quick.



Tritransit Area

One thing I'm disappointed with in this new scheme is that they removed the labels for hybrid buses as well as buses powered by Natural Gas as well.  That was a nice P/R thing for them!
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Annex4421

Quote from: Tritransit Area on January 28, 2010, 01:41:06 PM
One thing I'm disappointed with in this new scheme is that they removed the labels for hybrid buses as well as buses powered by Natural Gas as well.  That was a nice P/R thing for them!
The CNGs still have a label on them its in the rear of the bus now I know the NABI 60 BRTs and the C40LFs have them.



Tritransit Area

Are you talking about that little CNG diamond?  I think it may be required for all CNG buses.  I was talking about how they used to have those messages like "This bus is fueled by Clean Natural Gas".
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Annex4421

Quote from: Tritransit Area on January 30, 2010, 12:22:25 PM
Are you talking about that little CNG diamond?  I think it may be required for all CNG buses.  I was talking about how they used to have those messages like "This bus is fueled by Clean Natural Gas".
Oh well maybe they should've writen it on the gas tank at least it looks funny blank.