News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

January 2010 Observations Photos

Started by C40LF_2464, January 04, 2010, 05:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

C40LF_2464

First photo's of the year!



IDK What the heck this thing was.

And R.I.P.


WMAveteran

I believe "the thing" is a customized Blue Bird for transporting persons with disabilities.  It has US Government license plates and a "caduceus" symbol on the back.  The "'caduceus" symbol would indicate medical transport as would the special access door on the right hand side.  It probably belongs to WRAMC or NMC.  The federal government has a barnful of those customized Blue Birds in various forms. 

C40LF_2464

Quote from: WMAveteran on January 04, 2010, 10:52:20 PM
I believe "the thing" is a customized Blue Bird for transporting persons with disabilities.  It has US Government license plates and a "caduceus" symbol on the back.  The "'caduceus" symbol would indicate medical transport as would the special access door on the right hand side.  It probably belongs to WRAMC or NMC.  The federal government has a barnful of those customized Blue Birds in various forms. 
Yeah it was an WRAMC vehicle. It said it on the bus. It has nice surburb seats inside. And the guy driving it was hauling a**!!!

C40LF_2464


C40LF_2464


LandoverDivision

Sorry I've been away for sometime but I'm back in bidness now. My first photos of the new decade!:








The REAL Landover Division fan!

C40LF_2464

#6
4th batch










C40LF_2464


Antozilla

What are those train tracks and where do they go?

79MetroExtraMD

"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

C40LF_2464

Quote from: Antozilla on January 18, 2010, 10:56:30 PM
What are those train tracks and where do they go?
I beleive those are some old tracks that usewd to be operational years ago. They dont really go anywhere you can either see them dissapper in the ground. Mahbe their is a plan for them idk cause they havent been removed.

Tristan

Carmen E. Turner was formerly the distribution center for Hechinger (for those new to the scene, Hechinger was a hardware store chain that competed in the DC area with The Home Depot until its demise in 1999)...it helps a lot for a hardware store chain's warehouse to have rail access for deliveries of lumber and other items.

In regards to removing them, it makes no economic sense to remove railroad tracks where they aren't really in the way of anything...there are abandoned rail lines all over the country, all over the world actually, because it doesn't make sense to pull up old rails -- they just don't get used anymore.  There are also property ownership/real estate issues to take into consideration, but I won't get into that.

btconet

First, allow me to say Thank You to those who contribute to these photo threads.  This is one of those threads that I love to watch, but rarely can contribute towards.  Fortunately, today is an exception - I took a "Mental Health" Day and rambled around the Northwest end, first venturing out to Georgetown and then walking over to the Froot Loop.  From there, I got the L2 up to CCC and RO1 over most of the way to Silver Spring, walking the rest of the way to get photos on E/W Hwy.  After rambling around Silver Spring, I caught a DE62LFA on the first Z29 with the intention of getting to Laurel in time for the 5pm pulse - wasn't to be, we arrived at 505pm, and I had the fun of walking up to Laurel MARC Station to catch up to my itinerary by getting the 546pm train.  All in all, a good day though, as I saw and shot a nice mix of stuff.
















































NewFlyer9736BCT

I can't believe Ride-On's 5529 is still around, I wonder if there's any others out there as well
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

btconet

Quote from: NewFlyer9736BCT on January 20, 2010, 08:31:05 PM
I can't believe Ride-On's 5529 is still around, I wonder if there's any others out there as well

Yeah, was definitely my catch of the day! Totally unexpected!

I'm guessing its a training bus, but don't know for certain.  Glad I hopped off the #1 where I did and hoofed it over to Silver Spring!