News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

METRO SHUTS DOWN

Started by BladensburgB2, December 19, 2009, 12:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

LandoverDivision

Well from a PG county resident's POV I dont see why bus service here shouldnt be shut down. It seems like it already is because service is so horrible here. People here on average have hour waits and with the slow driving going on due to safety issues, we are going to have to wait longer. I mean I can see where you guys are coming from with the whole "we're pansies" thing. We really aren't use to this weather like they are in upstate NY. They get this on a daily. We should be prepared for it though. Me personally, I just stay in the house till it all melts. All Im saying is you cant expect us to react to the weather the way others would. Buffalo gets this and they would see it as blah but we immediatly shut down or what not. We could get 2 or 3 inches and we see it as blah but Atlanta might just shut down if they see it. Just my 2 sense.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

WES

I saw a D41LFR heading out earlier this morning, the only Metrobus I saw.  Did see a couple of ART buses though.
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

C40LF_2464

Quote from: WES on December 20, 2009, 11:00:50 PM
I saw a D41LFR heading out earlier this morning, the only Metrobus I saw.  Did see a couple of ART buses though.
D41LFR?

btconet

From the MTA MD site regarding MARC Service:

QuotePlease exercise EXTREME caution tomorrow morning when leaving your car, walking to the platform, and boarding the train.[/]
[] [/]

Kind of bad to see a broadbrushed assumption like that.   :-\

Tritransit Area

Quote from: btconet on December 21, 2009, 08:24:24 AM
From the MTA MD site regarding MARC Service:

QuotePlease exercise EXTREME caution tomorrow morning when leaving your car, walking to the platform, and boarding the train.[/]
[] [/]

Kind of bad to see a broadbrushed assumption like that.   :-\
Lol, it's obvious to see what kind of clientelle they expect to take MARC services.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Tritransit Area

Quote from: DE40LFR on December 21, 2009, 06:42:30 AM
Quote from: WES on December 20, 2009, 11:00:50 PM
I saw a D41LFR heading out earlier this morning, the only Metrobus I saw.  Did see a couple of ART buses though.
D41LFR?
The 61/6200s since they are a tad longer with the ISM engine.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

C40LF_2464

Quote from: Tritransit Area on December 21, 2009, 12:05:08 PM
Quote from: DE40LFR on December 21, 2009, 06:42:30 AM
Quote from: WES on December 20, 2009, 11:00:50 PM
I saw a D41LFR heading out earlier this morning, the only Metrobus I saw.  Did see a couple of ART buses though.
D41LFR?
The 61/6200s since they are a tad longer with the ISM engine.
Wait? So all these times i was thinking they were D40LFR's they were actually D41LFR's?
D41LFR?

BladensburgB2

What kinda buses are going to pop up next  ...................

C40LF_2464

Quote from: BladensburgB2 on December 21, 2009, 01:31:05 PM
Yes they are DE41LR's



Wait i got to find a chance to check out the builder's plate of that bus.

Tritransit Area

I dunno if that's the official term for them, but that's what busfans have been calling buses with the longer tailsections.  They are really 40'7".

It's similar to New Jersey Transit and their "AN459s".
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...