News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

PHOTOS: WMATA 6167

Started by LandoverDivision, December 16, 2009, 10:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LandoverDivision

Beautiful!!!




The REAL Landover Division fan!

OrionFlyer

#1
It sure is beautiful. Now its time for the Orion V and VI. I wonder if the suburbans are going to be in the Express scheme.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

Tritransit Area

Why, why, WHY must they INSIST on putting that M logo in a circle on the WINDOW!  On the C40LFs, they put it right smack dab on the destination sign, blocking the destination information, and now they are obstructing my view in the back row with that decal.  Just put it on the side of the bus!!!!!!!

Wish they kept the black trim with the door...oh well.  Very nice catch by the way...I didn't realize these were up next for overhaul.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

NewFlyer9736BCT

that is awesome, i can't wait for the rest of the fleet to be painted in this scheme (i hope the Orion Vs and VIs get it too)
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Tristan

Quote from: Tritransit Area on December 16, 2009, 06:00:56 PM
Why, why, WHY must they INSIST on putting that M logo in a circle on the WINDOW!  On the C40LFs, they put it right smack dab on the destination sign, blocking the destination information, and now they are obstructing my view in the back row with that decal.  Just put it on the side of the bus!!!!!!!

Wish they kept the black trim with the door...oh well.  Very nice catch by the way...I didn't realize these were up next for overhaul.

They aren't - WMATA's overhauls are mid-lifes.  They randomly repaint buses separately from overhaul sometimes.

C40LF_2464

That bus looks better then i imagined in that scheme! I hope they cleaned up the interior a little like the C40LF's and modified the engine. Thats basically just a rehab lol. And just look at those Flxibles sitting there just taking some horrible treatment. Now i just have a feeling 2010 is there last year.

aznboy4305

Those D40LFRs look a LOT better in that new scheme than the old one. I'm curious to see what it would look like without the window blackout treatment. Also, I think they should've carried the blackout treatment through the front door, as they did with the rear door.

Tritransit Area

They should have blacked out the front door Flx style.  Frankly, I think they would look better without the black-out treatment.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...