News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

request

Started by NewFlyer9736BCT, November 30, 2009, 11:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

NewFlyer9736BCT

does anyone have a pic or vid or sound clip of a WMATA 9600 before the repowering and when it was in the 2nd scheme? I never got the chance to see or hear their old selves.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Tritransit Area

There's a sound clip of the 9600s before repower on YouTube.  I'd send the link but the site is being maintained at the moment.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Annex4421

Here ya go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emmYktq4wAU

And does anybody have a soundvid of the 5200s when they had the ZF's? I want to hear the sound of them before they get retired.



Tritransit Area

I would love to hear that as well!  I never rode them when they had the ZFs
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

rideonrulez

I do have a pic of a 9600 when they were brand new, but I'd have to scan it. I'll see what I can do.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

OrionFlyer

Quote from: rideonrulez on December 01, 2009, 08:30:04 AM
I do have a pic of a 9600 when they were brand new, but I'd have to scan it. I'll see what I can do.

I'd love to see that pic. I wish I could have rode one of the 9600s. But they're all gone now.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

Tritransit Area

Yeah, those 9600s really disappeared on me too.  Never got to have a last ride, but I'll have the memories :(.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

WayneNYC

Quote from: Tritransit Area on December 01, 2009, 10:06:07 AM
Yeah, those 9600s really disappeared on me too.  Never got to have a last ride, but I'll have the memories :(.

That's one group of buses I was happy to see gone.  The 9600s were cool back when they had their original DD 6V-92TA/Allison HT powertrain.  After repowering, I avoided them like the plague.  In fact they were the only WMATA buses I disliked more than the 2100/2200 Orion Vs.