New Flyer LFA's LF's LFR's Xcelsiors or Something else

Started by Annex4421, November 23, 2009, 06:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What would be a good choice for WMATA after the Next LFAs

DE41LF's
1 (7.7%)
DE41LFR's
2 (15.4%)
Xcelsiors
5 (38.5%)
More LFAs
0 (0%)
Other (Orion, NABI, etc)
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: December 13, 2009, 06:03:24 PM

Annex4421

Yes yes I know Catoe wants buses with curves but a little suggestion wouldn't hurt. Ok let's have a nice clean political fight. (lol)



Scrabbleship

Quote from: AnnexD40LFR6112 on November 23, 2009, 06:03:24 PM
Yes yes I know Catoe wants buses with curves but a little suggestion wouldn't hurt. Ok let's have a nice clean political fight. (lol)

If there are 230 or so NF buses left after this order and the stimulus 42' buses (and this doesn't even include the alleged stimulus artics), I think Xcelsiors would be a good thing to try out to fill out the order.

LandoverDivision

NABIs are a waste of buses IMO. I don't know why Catoe even ordered them. That's why I hate ART because that's about all they have. Insteas, they could've gotten some Gilligs or something other than those horrible sounding NABIs.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

79MetroExtraMD

Why do yall think Catoe is the one who orders the buses. There's a procurement and purchasing department.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Annex4421

Who is "yall" I always knew he diddn't order the buses. But anyway it looks like its going good. I personally want to see Orion VII NG



Tristan

You said "Catoe wants buses with" blablabla and Landover said "I don't know why Catoe ordered them"....

novabusorionfan

#6
They should get Orion, Nova Bus, Millennium Transit Services, DesignLine, Van Hools, Prevost Car, MCI and ElDorado National ONLY. ;)

No NFIs, NABIs, Bluebird, Gilligs, and no other buses. ;) :) :D ;D

OrionFlyer

I would like to see the Xcelsiors in the local/express scheme.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

MetroLinerXLZ

I've always wondered how Compobuses would look in Metro colors....those would be the true silver bullets there!!!

Then again, with the gangsta folks in D.C...not a good idea perhaps.
It is whatever.

Tritransit Area

Meh, they run Compos in LA.... Besides, Compobuses are not plastic or fiberglass like these wavy buses are.  They are stronger than the average bus with that Composite material!  Cars just bounce off!
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Tritransit Area

Quote from: novabusorionfan on November 23, 2009, 07:50:02 PM
They should get Orion, Nova Bus, Millennium Transit Services, DesignLine, Van Hools, Prevost Car, MCI and ElDorado National ONLY. ;)

No NFIs, NABIs, Bluebird, Gilligs, and no other buses. ;) :) :D ;D

Orion went downhill once it became a part of Daimler Buses North America...I would think the Orion VII NG would be a downgrade!  Of course, strangely enough, I want such a bus for my fantasy rushbus route...hmm...

I'd love to see WMATA try the LFS, but it'd look a tad out of place/old with all of these fancy LFAs running about.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Annex4421

Quote from: MetroLinerXLZ on November 23, 2009, 10:31:15 PM
I've always wondered how Compobuses would look in Metro colors....those would be the true silver bullets there!!!

Then again, with the gangsta folks in D.C...not a good idea perhaps.
It wouldn't matter if you ask me almost every city has a "Gangsta" territory so whateva WMATA orders sooner or later its gonna touch "the hood" anyways. (Hint the D40LFRs, the LFAs in Landover or on the 32 or the 54 etc)

But anywho 45 Compobus in WMATA Sick!!!!!!!!! Wonder who'd get them.



Tristan

novaorionbusfan decided he didn't want to be a member here anymore a couple weeks ago.

Annex4421

Quote from: Tristan on December 20, 2009, 01:11:02 AM
novaorionbusfan decided he didn't want to be a member here anymore a couple weeks ago.
Why am I not surprised.



79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: AnnexD40LFR on December 20, 2009, 10:06:00 AM
Quote from: Tristan on December 20, 2009, 01:11:02 AM
novaorionbusfan decided he didn't want to be a member here anymore a couple weeks ago.
Why am I not surprised.
*sings Hallellujah*
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06