News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Are NABIs still on the U8?

Started by Tritransit Area, November 22, 2009, 02:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tritransit Area

Where do the NABIs reside nowadays?  Does the 5A use them regularly? Are they still regularly used on the R2? 

I just want to know where to get some more nice pics of these wonderful NABI 60-BRTs!  Here are some pics that I took last year: 









My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Tristan

I think FMR still has 5401 and 5402, but you've gotta catch an all-day 5A block to get one.  Interlined work gets Orion VIIs.  Usually if one isn't on the first trip you see, it'll be on the next.  I don't think they take layovers at Dulles, so if you have a paper schedule, you might be able to trace the blocks out with L'Enfant as the layover point.

Annex4421

5401 and 5402 moved to the Bladensburg some months ago, so no artics on the 5A. As for where they reside you can check the U8 and the R2 thats where they're most likely to be found.



Tristan

WOW I'm late - thanks for mentioning.

Annex4421

The funny thing is that Blade uses some of them and the others be standing around looking stupid thats why i say give some 70 routes to blade.



79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Annex4421 on November 22, 2009, 09:18:41 PM
The funny thing is that Blade uses some of them and the others be standing around looking stupid thats why i say give some 70 routes to blade.
Bladensburg does alot of routes even during rush hour. The 79 is enough. Northern has plenty with the 70 and 71. They have to have some buses left in the yard for backup or other assignments.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Annex4421

What's the point of Bladensburg having them if they only get put on 2 routes and not all be running routes.



WMAveteran

I have occasion to drive past the Minnesota Avenue station once or twice a week and I can assure you that it is NABI city.  Frequently there are multiple NABIs in the terminal (last Thursday I drove past and saw three at once).  Be there or be square (lol). 

Annex4421

#8
Be there or square? I so happen to be there more than you and I wasn't talking about the NABIs not being uesd period I was talking about the handfull or them being put on 3 routes where there are other routes that can use artics during rush hour but the rest will be sitting at the house, plus I don't live that far from Minnesota Avenue so I know what's happening there on a regular basis comprende'.



Tristan

Quote from: AnnexD40LFR6112 on November 23, 2009, 06:55:02 AM
Be there or square? I so happen to be there more than you and I wasn't talking about the NABIs not being uesd period I was talking about the handfull or them being put on 3 routes where there are other routes that can use artics during rush hour but the rest will be sitting at the house, plus I don't live that far from Minnesota Avenue so I know what's happening there on a regular basis comprende'.

Respect youngin! Respect.  I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that.

Annex4421

Quote from: Tristan on November 23, 2009, 07:58:43 AM
Quote from: AnnexD40LFR6112 on November 23, 2009, 06:55:02 AM
Be there or square? I so happen to be there more than you and I wasn't talking about the NABIs not being uesd period I was talking about the handfull or them being put on 3 routes where there are other routes that can use artics during rush hour but the rest will be sitting at the house, plus I don't live that far from Minnesota Avenue so I know what's happening there on a regular basis comprende'.

Respect youngin! Respect.  I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that.
Tristan I was just joking I forgot to put lol.I diddn't mean no harm.



Tristan


Scrabbleship

Quote from: AnnexD40LFR6112 on November 22, 2009, 11:01:37 PM
What's the point of Bladensburg having them if they only get put on 2 routes and not all be running routes.

What other FMR routes might be able to use them besides the 5A? The interlining out of FMR kind of makes it hard to implement artics and the route there, IMO, that might work best for them (the 38B) might not be able to handle them at its east terminal. Would it be possible to park an artic at any of the stops at Farragut Square?

The big problem is that Metro's purchase didn't jive with DDOT's timetable to pretty much tear up the majority of the X2's route. It's a perfect storm situation.


Tritransit Area

Quote from: WMAveteran on November 23, 2009, 12:09:43 AM
I have occasion to drive past the Minnesota Avenue station once or twice a week and I can assure you that it is NABI city.  Frequently there are multiple NABIs in the terminal (last Thursday I drove past and saw three at once).  Be there or be square (lol).

I'm thinking about photographing along the U8 route...I just wonder if they run those buses on Saturday.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Tristan

Photographing on the U8...?  Hmm.......