News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

WMATA 500 Hybrid Deal

Started by Annex4421, November 13, 2009, 11:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tritransit Area

Oh, don't worry.  Once the 681st LFA comes in, you'll get used to it.  I felt the same way before the 592nd SEPTA New Flyer 40LF was delivered, but then I learned to enjoy the subtleties of each bus....and tap into my railfan side! :-D
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Tristan on November 22, 2009, 08:22:04 PM
Well like aznboy correctly said, if it's an option, 9.9 times out of 10 it's from the same manufacturer.  So there's virtually zero chance of *this* order coming from any other manufacturer.

500 LFAs would make me puke though.  Let's hope for some Xcelsiors or something else.
I feel ya. I mean I like to photograph the LFAs, but I don't want to see DC as another NYC.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

orionvii2680

Quote from: novabusorionfan on November 22, 2009, 04:59:30 PM
Hopefully is the NOVABus LFS or Orion or DesignLine ECOSaver IV order and nothing else.  ;)

ECOSaver IV?!?!?! UGH!!!
That is one ugly bus.
Route Rex destination Woodlawn.

WayneNYC

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 23, 2009, 01:14:00 PM
Quote from: Tristan on November 22, 2009, 08:22:04 PM
Well like aznboy correctly said, if it's an option, 9.9 times out of 10 it's from the same manufacturer.  So there's virtually zero chance of *this* order coming from any other manufacturer.

500 LFAs would make me puke though.  Let's hope for some Xcelsiors or something else.
I feel ya. I mean I like to photograph the LFAs, but I don't want to see DC as another NYC.

Remember - The MTA's fleet is actually getting rather diverse (NYCTA & MTAB).

TMC RTS
NovaBUS RTS
Orion V
Orion V CNG
Orion VII CNG
Orion VII HEV
Orion VII NG HEV
New Flyer D60HF
New Flyer C40LF
DesignLine ECO Saver
NovaBUS LFS-A
MCI 102DL3/D4500

Not at all like the early 90s when NYCTA's fleet was about 90% RTS.


aznboy4305

Quote from: orionvii2710 on November 24, 2009, 12:29:49 PM
ECOSaver IV?!?!?! UGH!!!
That is one ugly bus.

Sorry about your misery, I would just recommend not going up to New York then...

Annex4421

Quote from: aznboy4305 on November 24, 2009, 04:13:36 PM
Quote from: orionvii2710 on November 24, 2009, 12:29:49 PM
ECOSaver IV?!?!?! UGH!!!
That is one ugly bus.

Sorry about your misery, I would just recommend not going up to New York then...
He probably hasn't seen that one yet it looks good very.



Tritransit Area

Yeah - don't forget there are two different models.  There's the one in New York that looks like a low floor RTS, and the one in B-more that looks like an abstract work of art.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...