News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

WMATA 500 Hybrid Deal

Started by Annex4421, November 13, 2009, 11:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Annex4421

Is anybody down with WMATA ordering 500 New Flyer hybrids? Should they be a mixture? the floor is open to suggestions



Tritransit Area

I am not down with that.  Is WMATA trying to be a "hip" SEPTA, hehe?

My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Annex4421

Jesus I love New Flyers but dang can't we get some NABIs, Orions anything



aznboy4305


OrionFlyer

WMATA may consider the BRT NABI 42fts after the 500 New Flyers are delivered.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

Scrabbleship

Quote from: Annex4421 on November 13, 2009, 11:24:26 PM
Is anybody down with WMATA ordering 500 New Flyer hybrids? Should they be a mixture? the floor is open to suggestions

Given that, after next years stimulus buses, over half the order will be in, I think it's fine as it is. Maybe try the Excelsior to mix things up a little.

Tristan

I missed the boat on this -- never heard anything about an actual deal.  You got a Press Release or something?

Annex4421

#7
WMATA is supposed to order 500 hybrids from New Flyer I think, I'll check WMATA's website for the info.



Annex4421




Tritransit Area

Ah.  I think that's actually the current LFA order.  Remember it's supposed to be for 500 buses.  I think that the amound of 6000 series hybrids as well as the Silverbrids would add up to 74 hybrid buses, right?

I think that there will be an option order for 150 more hybrids, according to this article.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

Annex4421

If so hopefully some NABIs and/or Orions.



aznboy4305

If its an "option", its usually with the same manufacturer, for the same buses you've been ordering.

novabusorionfan

Hopefully is the NOVABus LFS or Orion or DesignLine ECOSaver IV order and nothing else.  ;)

Tristan

Well like aznboy correctly said, if it's an option, 9.9 times out of 10 it's from the same manufacturer.  So there's virtually zero chance of *this* order coming from any other manufacturer.

500 LFAs would make me puke though.  Let's hope for some Xcelsiors or something else.

Annex4421

Quote from: Tristan on November 22, 2009, 08:22:04 PM
Well like aznboy correctly said, if it's an option, 9.9 times out of 10 it's from the same manufacturer.  So there's virtually zero chance of *this* order coming from any other manufacturer.

500 LFAs would make me puke though.  Let's hope for some Xcelsiors or something else.
I hope not I hope it is Xcelsiors but if more LFAs come after the next ones jesus help me.