News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

New Flyers for WMATA & Connector

Started by mrpete, November 09, 2009, 07:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Annex4421

I wounder if Connector is getting D40LFRs or D35LFRs for their next order.



Tristan

Quote from: Annex4421 on November 12, 2009, 02:08:10 PM
I wounder if Connector is getting D40LFRs or D35LFRs for their next order.

I'm guessing that Connector is just taking an option they left in the contract for the New Flyers they're getting now just like WMATA did.

mrpete

According to New Flyer's web site an Xcelsior hybrid weighs (tare) about 28,000lbs while the LFA weighs about 34,000 lbs., or about 21% more, a significant increase impacting fuel economy, tire mileage and brake life. That's also approximately 3,000lbs more per axle on the pavement. The Xcelsior comes standard with a 100 gallon tank vs. 112 gallons for the LFA;  a 125 gallon tank is optional on both.

Remember, the Xcelsior is claimed to be 10% lighter than current buses, but having said all this check out the Xcelsior prototype's builders plate.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chsscassidy/3532063997/in/set-72157618168186240/

Tritransit Area

That's amazing that the bus is so light!
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...