News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

New Flyers for WMATA & Connector

Started by mrpete, November 09, 2009, 07:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Scrabbleship

Interesting to see the alleged stimulus artics aren't on the list. 48 more 42LFA's might be the last nails in the coffin for the Franken-Flxes. It also means only 200 more Flyers left until the 500-bus deal is done.
Outside the area, interesting to see SORTA go Flyer after having being overly loyal to Gillig for so long. A D30LF(R) would be an interesting sight though.

Antozilla

any thoughts on the bus numbers for these?

WayneNYC

I hope and pray they're not more LFAs.

Tristan

If WMATA's procurement office knew hat it was doing, they would have some slots open in the LFA order for an option, even if they don't think they can pay for it -- you never know what money will appear or who will want to piggyback.  So, for 42 buses, it's highly likely that they have slots open in the LFA procurement.  If not, they'd do what DASH does - "Hey Gillig, yea remember what we ordered in 2007?  Give me 7 more of those, but with a different seat cushion.  Thanks".

Scrabbleship

Quote from: WayneNYC on November 09, 2009, 09:17:00 AM
I hope and pray they're not more LFAs.

I hosted a friend from college this weekend and he had severe flashbacks to the Nova LFS's we rode in college when we did a ride on the S9 from Silver Spring to Columbia Heights. I actually kind of like them because if you're going to buy a large number of a model, why not mix it up?

DE40LFR's in the Local scheme would look snazzy though!

ir0cq09

Pray Pray Pray For No More LFA's I used to go out of my way to ride metrobus now I just like w.e.. So Hopefully some more DE40LFR Or some diesel ones.

Nabinut

It's funny WMATA added this in a middle of a order. I too also hope they are DE41LFRs ;D

OrionFlyer

I hope they are something other than LFAs.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

aznboy4305

I actually like the LFAs, bring em on!

LandoverDivision

It's probably going to be Xcelsiors.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Scrabbleship

Quote from: LandoverDivision on November 09, 2009, 01:55:48 PM
It's probably going to be Xcelsiors.

Knowing how WMATA wants every form of New Flyer under the sun, you might be right. Still, it is 4 wheels and seats...

LandoverDivision

I love the LFAs but we got more than enough of them now. Bring on the Xcelsiors!!
The REAL Landover Division fan!

OrionFlyer

Hey, it could happen. You never know. The LFA order caught me by surprise, especially after the DE40LFR order. I thought they would be the future hybrid buses of WMATA. I just hope they keep some Metro Es around a little longer.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

ir0cq09

#14
Waste Of Plastic and Money. I'm sure the LFA is a couple of thousand more than a LFR.Like someone said before catoe is trying to make public transportation more appealing. Honestly  paint and fancy buses don't appeal to most. I'm more for realiable service! Now if metrobus and metrorail  had more realiable service then I'm sure ridership would skyrocket.So like I said I(and I'm sure many others) don't care for paint scheme what a bus looks like as long as one comes and gets me to where I got to go.And Also especially with the way the economy is Metro Shouldt be wasting money on LFA(if there more expensive than a regular LFR)