News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

A DE62LFA in the Express paint scheme?

Started by OrionFlyer, November 04, 2009, 08:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Annex4421

Quote from: Tristan on November 08, 2009, 03:10:59 PM
Or any other city route that needs artics...?
Hmmmm the W4 can either use artics or a limited stop route or both, the A routes, the 90s, the 80, the P6, the D8, the 16s, the 7s etc.



79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Annex4421 on November 08, 2009, 03:13:37 PM
Quote from: Tristan on November 08, 2009, 03:10:59 PM
Or any other city route that needs artics...?
Hmmmm the W4 can either use artics or a limited stop route or both, the A routes, the 90s, the 80, the P6, the D8, the 16s, the 7s etc.
Nay for all of them.

1. Annex can't fit anything else.
2. The 90s run pretty good so far. It's just mainly a case of point A to C to B
3. The 80 mainly gets commuters during rush hour just mainly traveling between Union Station and the Golden Triangle.
4. Heck no for the P6.
5. The D8 has many tight turns (especially at Wash Hosp Center), plus the line isn't packed beyond the rim.
6. The 16 line is not a candidate for artics because there are 8 branches traveling along the main section of Columbia Pike and even during non-rush periods, the frequencies run pretty well. Same thing for the 7.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Annex4421

You never know what can happen and I never said Annex should get artics, and what do you mean about the P6 have you ever rode it before? It gets pretty packed during midday just like the W4 which I said that could use either artics and/or a limited stop line maybe you never rode it before but it gets packed. And I used to live on the 90s line and I know what I'm taking about (not trying to get smart) and the A's at anacostia needs them during rush hour and evening maybe we can take a trip there and I'll show you, but you never know what might
thats jus like Annex is supposed to have gotten ALL the D40LFRs but thats not the case, I want to know what routes really need them besides the 70 and X2.



OrionFlyer

#33
The P6 just needs a better midday frequency. Every 15-20 minutes would do.

Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

Annex4421

Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 08, 2009, 04:52:57 PM
The P6 just needs a better midday frequency. Every 15-20 minutes would do.
So true but I don't think it'll happen.



Tristan

I don't understand why some people are so decidedly anti-artic -- if WMATA is buying more buses, these are suggestions on where they would be effective.  Yes, service increases would be *better*, but that ain't gonna happen.

Annex4421

Exactly so why not increase the bus size?



79MetroExtraMD

"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Tristan


Tritransit Area

Hurray for 10 foot wide buses on Viers Mill Road!
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...