News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

November 2009 Observation Photos

Started by Annex4421, November 02, 2009, 04:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

C40LF_2464


ChristopherF

METROBUS:
5404 & 5408 still have their respective B blocks, meaning that they were both on loan from Bladensburg.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: ChristopherF on November 25, 2009, 06:43:10 PM
METROBUS:
5404 & 5408 still have their respective B blocks, meaning that they were both on loan from Bladensburg.
*facepalm*
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

OrionFlyer

#93
I was at BWI during the early morning hours, so I didn't see any. Oh, well. There's always Christmas. Since Christmas is the bigger holiday, the artics should be on the B30 during all parts of the day. What time of day was this?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

Tritransit Area

According to the article in the forum, they are on "demand response".  Wednesday afternoon is when the real travel starts.  Try again on Sunday - you may see them running then!
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

LandoverDivision

Some pics from last week and this week. The sun was not my friend in some of these pics. Check out 6320. It had a right wheel cover though. Sorry about the sun's reflection in the 6455 picture.















The REAL Landover Division fan!

Tritransit Area

Hmm...why in the world is there a 37 footer on the S4?!  Is there any rhyme or reason to the 37 footer assignments?
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Tritransit Area on November 26, 2009, 07:08:46 PM
Hmm...why in the world is there a 37 footer on the S4?!  Is there any rhyme or reason to the 37 footer assignments?
Could have been pulled off an H8 to run a trip on the S4.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

NewFlyer9736BCT

Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

OrionFlyer

IMO the green signs don't look too bad on the express buses, but probably wouldn't look right on the locals.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 27, 2009, 06:27:48 PM
IMO the green signs don't look too bad on the express buses, but probably wouldn't look right on the locals.

the signs on the express buses look great compared to the ones on 2802-2814
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

LandoverDivision

Some photos from Anacostia Station and Addison Road and others from today:










The REAL Landover Division fan!

Tritransit Area

#102
Metro Bs, Ds, and Es were just so easy to find down there this time.  I may attempt another visit to the area for a photo trip, and try to obtain as many pics as possible.  I need more daylight, though...

Here's a pic of 9491 pulling off, leaving me behind in frustration.  No worries, I later caught 3 different types of Metro Bs afterwards:



I also took a few pictures of Big R Gillig 5315 at one of the most important locations in my history of bus fanning.  This is Quebec Terrace, where I first started riding the Ride On bus system, and it's highly acclaimed route 16:



I used to get off at that corner back in the days when Ride-On ran TMC CITYCRUISERS and the 1989 Gilligs were the newest buses on the road.  Man, how things have changed!





The last picture shows 5749 pulling away from my home stop.  I used this stop all of the time to go to Silver Spring, before it became "Silver Sprung".

It's amazing to see these operators navigate the 40 foot buses along routes designed for 30 footers.  Here are a couple more shots:



My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

C40LF_2464


DCT S9Z4Z6

Ahhh   Driving on the Q.T.

I had a run on Sunday Mornings, that did 3.5 R/T's on the 16, starting at Langley Park. 4-5 min layovers on each end, IF you were lucky.

Back in 89-90, there were 30 min headways on the 16, and early Sunday mornings, you wern't slowed down with the shoppers at Safeway & Kmart in Langley Park, or the grocery store at Piney & Arliss. . .  cause most the people in that neighborhoods were going to/from church.

The pic of 5749   looked to be mid block, almost to end of Q.T.  From the mid block stop, if ppl missed the bus, then could run thru the building & catch the bus at Carol & Piney Branch, before the light.

What I didnt like/care for. .  in the winter time, people would wait in the lobby of the individual apartment buildings & when they see the bus comming, run out & frantically wave & try to get ya to slow down. ("im sorry sir, ma'am. . .  I didnt know you were flagging me down, I thought you were flagging the taxicab behind me. Thats why we have whats called a "BUS STOP". We stop at BUS STOPS!)

Oh the stories I could tell about the 15, 16 & 20's.  ;D
Can't go wrong, with a classic ANYTHING!