News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

November 2009 Observation Photos

Started by Annex4421, November 02, 2009, 04:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on November 24, 2009, 12:00:55 PM
An artic on the C8?  Would it be so hard to put the artics where they are needed or where operations intended for them to run?
It might interline into a Z8. I know an operator who has a Z8 on their second part and that line gets pretty packed.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Scrabbleship

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 24, 2009, 03:15:22 PM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on November 24, 2009, 12:00:55 PM
An artic on the C8?  Would it be so hard to put the artics where they are needed or where operations intended for them to run?
It might interline into a Z8. I know an operator who has a Z8 on their second part and that line gets pretty packed.

That deadhead between College Park and Briggs Cheney seems like quite a bit of a hike (Google has it at 9.3 miles). Then again, the deadheads those buses have getting to/from Montgomery is quite a bit to begin with.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: Scrabbleship on November 24, 2009, 04:14:30 PM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 24, 2009, 03:15:22 PM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on November 24, 2009, 12:00:55 PM
An artic on the C8?  Would it be so hard to put the artics where they are needed or where operations intended for them to run?
It might interline into a Z8. I know an operator who has a Z8 on their second part and that line gets pretty packed.

That deadhead between College Park and Briggs Cheney seems like quite a bit of a hike (Google has it at 9.3 miles). Then again, the deadheads those buses have getting to/from Montgomery is quite a bit to begin with.
You ever thought about Montgomery to Silver Spring as a deadhead since most of the C8 trips terminate at Montgomery.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

C40LF_2464

5431,5448,5447 & 5443 at CET. Id expect more in service next week then by Dec all of em will be on the streets. One thing is the i wonder is that why they didn't come into service all at the same time like the 5400 NABI's.

Nabinut

I think with all the extras added in the Flyers while the NABIs were "off the shelf", it was easier to the earlier 5400s to be delivered

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: DE42LFA on November 24, 2009, 04:41:04 PM
5431,5448,5447 & 5443 at CET. Id expect more in service next week then by Dec all of em will be on the streets. One thing is the i wonder is that why they didn't come into service all at the same time like the 5400 NABI's.
Different build and delivery schedules.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

OrionFlyer

#81
Quote from: Scrabbleship on November 24, 2009, 04:14:30 PM
Then again, the deadheads those buses have getting to/from Montgomery is quite a bit to begin with.

To and from Ft. Totten (K6) is a perfect example of that, same thing for Farragut Square (N Line). 

Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 24, 2009, 05:58:52 PM
Quote from: Scrabbleship on November 24, 2009, 04:14:30 PM
Then again, the deadheads those buses have getting to/from Montgomery is quite a bit to begin with.

To and from Ft. Totten (K6) is a perfect example of that, same thing for Farragut Square (N Line). 
Most of the time, the trips will start from White Oak and Friendship Heights to minimize deadhead times. I think in the evening, they'll deadhead to Potomac Park for the L1.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

OrionFlyer

#83
I take back what I said about Ft Totten and Farragut Sq. I just checked the C2's schedule, it beats all of them. The first C2 leaves Greenbelt Center at 5:32 then the next one leaves at 5:47.  The C2 has the longest deadhead time from Montgomery.

According to Google Maps, from Marinelli rd & Citadel ave (Montgomery Division) to Crescent rd  & Gardenway (Roosevelt Center), still don't know why the signs still read Greenbelt Center, it's 16 miles.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 24, 2009, 06:09:38 PM
I take back what I said about Ft Totten and Farragut Sq. I just checked the C2's schedule, it beats all of them. The first C2 leaves Greenbelt Center at 5:32 then the next one leaves at 5:47.  The C2 has the longest deadhead time from Montgomery.

According to Google Maps, from Marinelli rd & Citadel ave (Montgomery Division) to Crescent rd  & Gardenway (Roosevelt Center), still don't know why the signs still read Greenbelt Center, it's 16 miles.
There's worse. Try Montgomery to South Laurel.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 24, 2009, 06:42:36 PM
There's worse. Try Montgomery to South Laurel.

damn...I just checked and that's about 22 miles

could that be the longest deadhead from Montgomery? Is there anything longer than the deadhead from Landover to BWI?
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

LandoverDivision

Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 24, 2009, 06:09:38 PM
I take back what I said about Ft Totten and Farragut Sq. I just checked the C2's schedule, it beats all of them. The first C2 leaves Greenbelt Center at 5:32 then the next one leaves at 5:47.  The C2 has the longest deadhead time from Montgomery.

According to Google Maps, from Marinelli rd & Citadel ave (Montgomery Division) to Crescent rd  & Gardenway (Roosevelt Center), still don't know why the signs still read Greenbelt Center, it's 16 miles.

Try the Ls and the Ns from MoDi to Downtown DC.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

C40LF_2464

Aight here are some pics from the last 2 weeks with my new Nikon Coolpix L20. Sorry for the delay my PC broke and im using a freinds computer.














NewFlyer9736BCT

Where did u take that pic of 4006? It's the first WMATA bus I EVER rode, I'm glad to see it's still around!
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

C40LF_2464

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 25, 2009, 12:19:40 PM
Where did u take that pic of 4006? It's the first WMATA bus I EVER rode, I'm glad to see it's still around!
For real? Haha nice. I took t at Anacostia station.