News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

November 2009 Observation Photos

Started by Annex4421, November 02, 2009, 04:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Annex4421

Ok I'm going in for November




C40LF_2464

Aight here are some pics i took today.











ChristopherF

4259 is still @ West Ox (formerly Arlington).  4260 is now @ Northern.

Tristan

Did you get my pics of Arlington Division? :-)

OrionFlyer

The area where 2213 on the 96 is, is that McClean Gardens?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

Tristan

#5
Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 03, 2009, 12:27:53 PM
The area where 2213 on the 96 is, is that McClean Gardens?

That looks more like Stadium-Armory Station, given the multiple bays and the WWII-style homes -- I believe McLean Gardens is still an on-street layover next to the Giant on Wisconsin Ave.  There would be a brick wall to the right of the bus, a single bus shelter, and Wisconsin Ave traffic to the front :-)

A good "Guess Where" photo?

Scrabbleship

Quote from: Tristan on November 03, 2009, 12:43:42 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 03, 2009, 12:27:53 PM
The area where 2213 on the 96 is, is that McClean Gardens?

That looks more like Stadium-Armory Station, given the multiple bays and the WWII-style homes -- I believe McLean Gardens is still an on-street layover next to the Giant on Wisconsin Ave.  There would be a brick wall to the right of the bus, a single bus shelter, and Wisconsin Ave traffic to the front :-)

A good "Guess Where" photo?

Isn't the McLean Gardens layover a bit more up Wisconsin towards Porter where the actual development is? I can swear I've seen a sign with the 30's, H4, 96, and X3 on it before and the Timewarp Giant whose death is long overdue is a bit south of there.

Tristan

Giant still has a few stores left over that say 2009 inside but 1959 on the outside.

Anyway, addressing the point, you could very well be right -- I'm speaking from childhood memories of going to G.C. Murphy and then getting on the 96 that would be idling around the corner.

NewFlyer9736BCT

The McLean Gardens terminal is on Newark Street NW between Idaho Ave and Wisconsin Ave. It's pretty visible from Wisc. Ave, and it's right behind that ancient Giant.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Scrabbleship

#9
Quote from: Tristan on November 03, 2009, 01:14:02 PM
Giant still has a few stores left over that say 2009 inside but 1959 on the outside.

The Giant in question looks far more like 1989 (or even 1979) than 2009. Cleveland Park/McLean Gardens/Glover Park deserve better if it wasn't for the CPCA trying to be a banana republic that's anti-development which is also why there are so many vacant storefronts near the Metro.

Was there a time the 96 might have gone a bit more north? The Timewarp Giant is at the south end of McLean Gardens if at all near there since I know it goes up to Porter.

C40LF_2464

Quote from: Tristan on November 03, 2009, 11:26:46 AM
Did you get my pics of Arlington Division? :-)
You mean the old DASH facility right? I dont know where that place is son lol.
Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 03, 2009, 12:27:53 PM
The area where 2213 on the 96 is, is that McClean Gardens?
yeah i took that pic at Stadium Armory. I rode the 96 during rush hour and thats where it terminates during rush hour. Oh yeah good idea Tristan. Maybe we should be doing alot more "Guess Where" pics.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: DE42LFA on November 03, 2009, 04:54:36 PM
Quote from: Tristan on November 03, 2009, 11:26:46 AM
Did you get my pics of Arlington Division? :-)
You mean the old DASH facility right? I dont know where that place is son lol.
Quote from: OrionFlyer on November 03, 2009, 12:27:53 PM
The area where 2213 on the 96 is, is that McClean Gardens?
yeah i took that pic at Stadium Armory. I rode the 96 during rush hour and thats where it terminates during rush hour. Oh yeah good idea Tristan. Maybe we should be doing alot more "Guess Where" pics.

1. He meant Metro's Arlington Division. Also, DASH is in Alexandria (an independent city)
2. Some 96s terminate at Stad-Arm. Most of them go onto Cap Hts with Bburg covering the 97.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: Scrabbleship on November 03, 2009, 02:42:13 PM
Was there a time the 96 might have gone a bit more north? The Timewarp Giant is at the south end of McLean Gardens if at all near there since I know it goes up to Porter.

I believe it was the 90, 92, and 93 that used to go to McLean Gardens instead of the 96, but that has switched around a couple of years ago (I don't even think the 93 went up there even before they moved, but the bus stop signs still said 93)

and I think Capital Heights is the main terminal for the 96, with some trips ending at Stadium Armory at rush hour.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

79MetroExtraMD

#13
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 03, 2009, 08:24:47 PM
Quote from: Scrabbleship on November 03, 2009, 02:42:13 PM
Was there a time the 96 might have gone a bit more north? The Timewarp Giant is at the south end of McLean Gardens if at all near there since I know it goes up to Porter.

I believe it was the 90, 92, and 93 that used to go to McLean Gardens instead of the 96, but that has switched around a couple of years ago (I don't even think the 93 went up there even before they moved, but the bus stop signs still said 93)

and I think Capital Heights is the main terminal for the 96, with some trips ending at Stadium Armory at rush hour.

The 90 and 92 used to go all the way to McLean Gdns with the 96 terminating at Ellington Bridge. The change came about in either late 06 or early 07 (I have to go to the archives and find the old timetables). Also, I think the 93 might have gone as far as McLean or just Ellington Bridge. That too, I have to go thru the archives and find the old timetable.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Annex4421

ALL of the 90s used to terninate at McLean Gardens until December 2007 (I think) when the 90, 92, and 93 turned back at Duke Ellington Bridge.