News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

November 2009 Observations

Started by ChristopherF, November 02, 2009, 01:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

WayneNYC

Quote from: Annex4421 on November 17, 2009, 10:57:28 PM
Ok 6104 was on the 34 which means either Annex gave back the Suburban D40LFRs to Montgomery or Annex sent some more Flx Es to CET.

Another possibility... 6104 could still be a Montgomery bus and was pulled to cover that 34 trip.

Scrabbleship

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 17, 2009, 09:59:30 PM
Quote from: ChristopherF on November 17, 2009, 01:56:34 PM
Are 915521 & 925528 still around?

the question really is: "is 925529 still around?"

that I don't know, but 5529 is the last Orion I that I have seen in service, by now, I hate to say that it's probably gone like all the other Orion Is...but who knows maybe it's still around. As for 5501, 5502, 5527, 5534, and 5537 (the other survivors of the mass Orion I retirement), I haven't seen those in an even longer period of time, I think those are gone as well.

I saw 5529 a few weeks ago driving into Nicholson. It MIGHT still be around but that sighting was the first one I had of an Orion I since the summer at that time.

ChristopherF

RIDE ON:
095755 on the 26 (Montgomery Mall)
095338 on the 10 (Twinbrook)
995411 on the 10 (Hillandale)

FAIRFAX CONNECTOR:
9710 on the 171 (Franconia/ Springfield Metro via Lorton)
7762 on the 171 (Huntington Metro North via route 1)

METROBUS:
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 28A (Tysons Corner)
9351 remains @ Montgomery.
9352 remains @ Montgomery.
9387 remains @ Montgomery.
9390 remains @ Montgomery.
9406 remains @ Montgomery.
9409 remains @ Montgomery.
9801-9818: GONE
9826 on the J2 (Silver Spring Station)
9829 on the C8 (White Flint Station)
4068 on the J2 (Montgomery Mall)
4069 on the C8 (College Park Station)
4074 on the C8 (White Flint Station)
4099 on the C8 (White Flint Station)
4100 on the C8 (Whtie Flint Station)
4322 remains @ Montgomery.
4323 remains @ Montgomery.
4324 remains @ Montgomery.
4325 remains @ Montgomery.
4326 remains @ Montgomery.
4327 remains @ Montgomery.
4328 remains @ Montgomery.
4329 remains @ Montgomery.
4330 remains @ Montgomery.
2024 remains @ Landover.
2068 on the 1A (Vienna Station)
2074 on the 1A (Ballston Station)
2082 on the K6 (Ft Totten)
2099 on the C8 (College Park Station)
2100 on the S2 (Silver Spring Station)
2175 on the S line?
2182 on the 36
6018 on the Z8 (Silver Spring Station)
6025 on the Q2 (Shady Grove Station) & then on the C8 (College Park Station)
6030 on the Q2 (Silver Spring Station)
6202 on the K6 (White Oak)
6204 on the K6 (Ft Totten)
6206 on the Y8 (Montgomery Gen Hospital)
6208 on the C8 (White Flint Station)
6367 on the Y8 (Silver Spring Station) & then on the K6 (Ft Totten)
6385 on the J2 (Silver Spring Station)
6384 remains @ Western.
6459 on the J9 (Lakeforest)
2457 on the R2 (Ft Totten)
2819 on the 80 (Kennedy Center)
2411 on the 80 (Ft Totten)

Annex4421

Ok 6101-6106 has moved back to the Annex saw ALL if them today on my way to and from class but I diddn't have my camera today so no pics.



NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: Annex4421 on November 18, 2009, 02:39:15 PM
Ok 6101-6106 has moved back to the Annex saw ALL if them today on my way to and from class but I diddn't have my camera today so no pics.

aww man well it was nice having them around here...I just hope we get our suburbans back

and Chris F, really, 5411 on the 10??? what is it, national "give buses back to previous divisions" month? first the 4330s at Montgomery, then the 6100s back to Annex, now a 5400 back at Silver Spring...
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Annex4421

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on November 18, 2009, 03:21:53 PM
Quote from: Annex4421 on November 18, 2009, 02:39:15 PM
Ok 6101-6106 has moved back to the Annex saw ALL if them today on my way to and from class but I diddn't have my camera today so no pics.

aww man well it was nice having them around here...I just hope we get our suburbans back

and Chris F, really, 5411 on the 10??? what is it, national "give buses back to previous divisions" month? first the 4330s at Montgomery, then the 6100s back to Annex, now a 5400 back at Silver Spring...
Well 6215 is still here but look out for it for me and the others and 9402 is Landover now and Chris F 4020 is at CET NOT IN SERVICE and 6139 is not on the NH1. The funniest thing George I was about to ask you how were they. (6101-6106)



Annex4421

Ok now its just crazy 1st 6101-6106 moves back to the Annex, then the 4330s to Montgomery, now 4201 is on th V5 so what next the 4200s move back to Blade lol the Flx Es go back to Virginia. Everybody keep a keen eye please.



ir0cq09

I rode 4305 on Q2 today. BTW that's metro 1000th rehab, And last night I saw unknown 2100 series on the K6. Does northern do late night K6 runs? This was about 12am or possibly another 2100 is at Montgomery. I remember a few weeks ago I spotted another 2100 series at Montgomery haven't seen much of it though

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: ir0cq09 on November 18, 2009, 07:03:22 PM
I rode 4305 on Q2 today. BTW that's metro 1000th rehab, And last night I saw unknown 2100 series on the K6. Does northern do late night K6 runs? This was about 12am or possibly another 2100 is at Montgomery. I remember a few weeks ago I spotted another 2100 series at Montgomery haven't seen much of it though
Had to be a Montgomery bus. One of my Montgomery peeps told me they had a few 2100s there.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: Annex4421 on November 18, 2009, 06:02:33 PM
Ok now its just crazy 1st 6101-6106 moves back to the Annex, then the 4330s to Montgomery, now 4201 is on th V5 so what next the 4200s move back to Blade lol the Flx Es go back to Virginia. Everybody keep a keen eye please.
Last I heard, 4200, 4201, and 4203 were at Blade and 4202 and 4204 are at Northern.

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 18, 2009, 07:20:20 PM
Quote from: ir0cq09 on November 18, 2009, 07:03:22 PM
I rode 4305 on Q2 today. BTW that's metro 1000th rehab, And last night I saw unknown 2100 series on the K6. Does northern do late night K6 runs? This was about 12am or possibly another 2100 is at Montgomery. I remember a few weeks ago I spotted another 2100 series at Montgomery haven't seen much of it though
Had to be a Montgomery bus. One of my Montgomery peeps told me they had a few 2100s there.

I heard about 2100s being at Montgomery as well, but I have yet to see one.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

WES

Just few observs over the past couple of days.

11/16
-9344 on the C22, left this one off on Monday

11/17
-9342 on the A12
-9304 on the F1 or F8
-5202 and 5239 on the X2
-9321 and 9331 on the D6

Today
-9337 on the T18
-5312 and 5222 on back to back on MacPherson Square bound S2s
Spontaneous Breakdancing Is Fun

ChristopherF

RIDE ON:
055826 on the 48 (Rockville)
055829 on the 54 (Lakeforest)
055834 on the 56 (Lakeforest)
055945 on the 56 (Rockville)
055953 on the 54 (Rockville)
085726 on the 48 (Wheaton)
095342 on the 10 (Twinbrook)
075313 on the 10 (Hillandale)

METROBUS:
6107 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 28A (Tysons Corner)
4052 on the 83 (Cherry Hill)
4069 on the Y8 (Silver Spring Station)
4079 on the C8 (White Flint Station)
4097 on the C8 (White Flint Station)
4305 on the K6 (Ft Totten)
4322 remains @ Montgomery.
4323 remains @ Montgomery.
4324 remains @ Montgomery.
4325 remains @ Montgomery.
4326 remains @ Montgomery.
4327 remains @ Montgomery.
4328 remains @ Montgomery.
4329 remains @ Montgomery.
4330 remains @ Montgomery.
2052 on the 32 (Southern Avenue Station)
2057 on the 32 (Friendship Heights Station)
2058 on the 1B
2069 on the 1A (Ballston Station)
2079 on the C8 (College Park Station)
2097 on the Z8 (Silver Spring Station) & then on the C8 (College Park Station)
2193 on the 36 (Friendship Heights Station)
So much for the lower 6100s.  I rode 6101 on the C2 earlier this week.
6183 on the Q2 (Shady Grove Station)
6204 on the K6 (Ft Totten)
6367 on the K6 (White Oak)
6377 on the Z8 (Silver Spring Station)
6388 on the C8 (College Park Station)
2555 on the 16G (Columbia Heights West)
2666 on the 16G (Pentagon City Station)
5422 on the R2 (Ft Totten)
2449 on the R3 (Ft Totten)
2823 on the R2 (Calverton & then to Ft Totten)
2313 on the R2 (Calverton)

NewFlyer9736BCT

Last night at Ballston (and surrounding areas)...

2702 and 2722 on the 23A
4210 and 4228 on the 2B
4213 and 4242 on the 1A
4314 and 4346 on the 10B
3022 on the 22A
2540 on the 38B (with the CNG wrap)
2531 with the all-green CNG wrap
2727 on the 4B
2546 on the 23A (with "express" on the signs)
...based on these observations, it doesn't look like any more 4200s are moving to Northern.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Antozilla

2655 on the 16Y but it gave up the ghost at Pershing and 50.

Wonder how long before we see it again

ChristopherF

RIDE ON:
005818 on the 48 (Rockville)
055832 on the 55 (Germantown Trans Ctr)
055935 on the 55 (Rockville)
085728 on the 48 (Wheaton)
095755 on the 26 (Glenmont) & then on the 10 (Twinbrook)
095757 on the 10 (Hillandale)
095337 on the 5 (Twinbrook)
095349 on the 5 (Silver Spring) & then on the 15 (Langley Park)
065303 on the 10 (Twinbrook)
095344 on the 10 (Hillandale)

METROBUS:
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
IS 9310 STILL @ CET?
9387 remains @ Montgomery.
9825 on the K6 (Ft Totten)
4097 on the C8 (White Flint Station)
4322 remains @ Montgomery.
4323 remains @ Montgomery.
4324 remains @ Montgomery.
4325 remains @ Montgomery.
4326 remains @ Montgomery.
4327 remains @ Montgomery.
4328 remains @ Montgomery.
4329 remains @ Montgomery.
4330 remains @ Montgomery.
2097 on the C8 (College Park Station)
2156 on the S2 (Federal Triangle)
6181 on the K6 (White Oak)
6182 on the C4 (PG Plaza Station)
6204 on the K6 (Ft Totten)
6359 on the 62
6367 on the Z8 (Silver Spring Station)
6377 on the Z8 (Silver Spring Station)
6388 on the C8 (White Flint Station)
5405 on the R2 (Calverton)
2622 on the R2 (Ft Totten)
2417 on the 80 (Kennedy Center)