News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Busiest Routes from each division

Started by LandoverDivision, August 25, 2008, 06:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LandoverDivision

Here are (from what I saw) the busiest routes from each division. Please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Southern Ave. Annex: The A's (A2, A6, A8, A42, A46, A48)

Landover: F4/F6

Montgomery: C2, C4

Western: Not sure

Northern: S2/S4, 70/71

Four Mile Run: 16's

Royal: Not sure

The REAL Landover Division fan!

79MetroExtraMD

Bladensburg: 79, 80, 83/86 (at times), D6, X line
Arlington: 1 line, 2 line, 22A
Northern: S line, 70/71, 52-53-54, 90s, H8
Western: 30s, 42 (busiest I've seen), E line?, L7, N line
Montgomery: C2/C4, J line (including J4), K6, L8, N line, Q line, Y line, Z line (including 9,11,13,29 peak)
Royal: 10 line(both A and B), 28 line, 29 line
Four Mile Run: 5A, 7 line (I see alot of people standing at the Pentagon riding this line. Very popular line indeed), 9 line, 13 line(at times during evening rush on the A route), 16 line, 17 line, 18 line, 23 line (mostly 23A), 25 line?, 38

That's from my observations and ridings.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

LandoverDivision

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on August 25, 2008, 08:10:48 PM
Bladensburg: 79, 80, 83/86 (at times), D6, X line
Arlington: 1 line, 2 line, 22A
Northern: S line, 70/71, 52-53-54, 90s, H8
Western: 30s, 42 (busiest I've seen), E line?, L7, N line
Montgomery: C2/C4, J line (including J4), K6, L8, N line, Q line, Y line, Z line (including 9,11,13,29 peak)
Royal: 10 line(both A and B), 28 line, 29 line
Four Mile Run: 5A, 7 line (I see alot of people standing at the Pentagon riding this line. Very popular line indeed), 9 line, 13 line(at times during evening rush on the A route), 16 line, 17 line, 18 line, 23 line (mostly 23A), 25 line?, 38

That's from my observations and ridings.

Yeah, the 90's is one busy line. But what is the most busiest bus altogether? And from what i've seen, the 22A isn't a very busy line. The 16's are definitly the most busiest line in VA. The C2/C4 is the busiest in Mont. Oh yeah, when I say busy, I meant how much time in between bus times.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Tristan

So your question is what division's routes run most frequently..?

OrionFlyer

Don't forget the D8 line for Bladensburg. Every time I go there and catch that bus, its always packed. Probably because its usually a 30ft bus, even on a 40ft its still be a packed.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

rideonrulez

You want real farebox numbers? I can give you monthly total numbers or Weekday, Saturday or Sunday averages. Also these are noted by lines not individual bus routes.

June 2008 monthly totals

Arlington: 1 line: 107,483
Bladensburg: X2: 314,654
Four Mile: 16A,B,D,E,F,J,P: 193,448
Landover: F4, 6: 197, 305
Montgomery: C2, 4: 369,390
Northern: S2,4: 385,281
Southeast Annex: 90,92,93: 344,539
Royal: 28A,B: 83,789
Western: 32,36: 490,453


"Ignore Asian Character Width"

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: rideonrulez on August 26, 2008, 08:02:02 AM
You want real farebox numbers? I can give you monthly total numbers or Weekday, Saturday or Sunday averages. Also these are noted by lines not individual bus routes.

June 2008 monthly totals

Arlington: 1 line: 107,483
Bladensburg: X2: 314,654
Four Mile: 16A,B,D,E,F,J,P: 193,448
Landover: F4, 6: 197, 305
Montgomery: C2, 4: 369,390
Northern: S2,4: 385,281
Southeast Annex: 90,92,93: 344,539
Royal: 28A,B: 83,789
Western: 32,36: 490,453

Chris, where does the Q Y and Z line rank against the C2/C4? All in all, pretty much you hit the exact routes.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Perry

I wonder how the 1 line is doing now that they split the 1C into a 1A and 1C?  Going to Vienna was always something that made sense. 

It's amazing to see how far along the C2/4 have come along.  They never used to be as busy as they have been over the past few years especially since they used to have very limited service.

rideonrulez

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on August 26, 2008, 09:11:23 AM
Chris, where does the Q Y and Z line rank against the C2/C4? All in all, pretty much you hit the exact routes.

Here's the top 5 busiest WMATA routes of each jurisdiction

Maryland:
1) C2,4: 369,390
2) Q2: 284,606 (this was when Montg College was out of session)
3) the Y: 214,415
4) K6: 198,575
5) F4,6: 197,305

DC:
1) 32,36: 490,453
2) S2,4: 385,281
3) 52,53,54: 370,210
4) 70,71: 365,243 (this does not include the 79)
5) 90,92,93: 344,539

Virginia:
1) 16A,B,D,E,F,J,P: 193,448
2) 16G,H,K,W: 115,222
3) All 7's: 114,825
4) 1A,B,E,F,Z: 107,483
5) 23A,C: 102,623


Quote
I wonder how the 1 line is doing now that they split the 1C into a 1A and 1C?  Going to Vienna was always something that made sense.

1C: 29,351

"Ignore Asian Character Width"

Tristan

Quote from: landoverdivision on August 25, 2008, 08:24:13 PM

Oh yeah, when I say busy, I meant how much time in between bus times.

I think we're getting off on the wrong track.  Brandon, I recommend you start a new thread asking about routes with the lowest headways (industry term for "amount of time between trips on a given route")/most frequent service as this one has already progressed.

WMATAGMOAGH

I feel like the 79 should be counted with the 70 and 71 for the purposes of this type of discussion, I understand why WMATA splits things the way they do.  Does adding the 70, 71, and 79 vault those three combined above the 50s?

Chris, thanks for sharing these stats, I find them to be quite interesting.

rideonrulez

Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on August 26, 2008, 10:12:48 PM
I feel like the 79 should be counted with the 70 and 71 for the purposes of this type of discussion, I understand why WMATA splits things the way they do.  Does adding the 70, 71, and 79 vault those three combined above the 50s?

Chris, thanks for sharing these stats, I find them to be quite interesting.

79: 117,024
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

WMATAGMOAGH

So 70&71+79=482267, more than the S2/S4.

Perry

Glad to see your education at work in Ithaca. :-)

I think Georgia Ave. has always had higher ridership than 16th Street.  The 70's always seem to be packed from end to end whereas the S line has spurts.