News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

FY2010 Changes

Started by 79MetroExtraMD, July 05, 2009, 10:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

79MetroExtraMD

Amid the fare changes, service changes, and Nextbus coming back, it seems another change has happened in VA. GEORGE, of course, isn't run by Metro anymore and has gone to the County, but I found out that the county picked another contractor to run both GEORGE and ART. So Veolia is out and Forsythe is in as the new contractor.

http://www.forsythetransportation.com/News.aspx?id=7
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Tristan

I was wondering what those Forsythe vehicles were in the ART House when I rode by.  To be clear, GEORGE is now being run by Arlington County via ART/Forsythe on behalf of the City of Falls Church. 

An aside: Arlington also operates Falls Church's fire department, so it isn't unprecedented.