News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

"Recent" Photos

Started by WMATAGMOAGH, May 14, 2009, 01:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

WMATAGMOAGH

I'm playing catchup on my photo queue and just put up new photos on my website.  Here are some of the new photos from the DC area.  I took all of these March 20, except for the PRTC photo which I took on April 9.






















NewFlyer9736BCT

Nice photos...everything looks so different from March 20 than it does today, in terms of the seasonal changes.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on May 14, 2009, 01:13:00 PM
Nice photos...everything looks so different from March 20 than it does today, in terms of the seasonal changes.

Thanks, George!  I was actually thinking the same thing as I posted them.

LandoverDivision

WOW freakin' awesome photos man. I gotta get a better camera.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Tritransit Area

5546 still looks great!

Looking through your pictures, I realize there are a lot more Ride-On routes I need to ride...

And is the VanGo being operated on other routes besides the...28 (?).
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: Tritransit Area on May 15, 2009, 01:55:36 PM
5546 still looks great!

Looking through your pictures, I realize there are a lot more Ride-On routes I need to ride...

And is the VanGo being operated on other routes besides the...28 (?).

I saw a VanGo bus on the 11 in the summer of 2007.  Yes, you read that right.

The Round Rockville bus was on the 79 at other times too, look through the observations threads to see references.  The 45 hadn't officially been rebranded yet when the photos were taken back in March.

NewFlyer9736BCT

before Round Rockville existed, the 45 had just about everything...from the 35-ft Gillig Phantoms, the baby Advantages, the Orion Is, and even Van-Go buses...and of course, 5546.

though you can still find any of these buses in any Nicholson route...for example, the other day I saw 5400 on the 4, and seeing a Van-Go bus on a route other than the 28 isn't a rarity either, and for most people, that's a benefit because those buses don't have fareboxes (as well as 5400 and 5401) which means they get free rides.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Scrabbleship

Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on May 15, 2009, 03:58:55 PM
before Round Rockville existed, the 45 had just about everything...from the 35-ft Gillig Phantoms, the baby Advantages, the Orion Is, and even Van-Go buses...and of course, 5546.

though you can still find any of these buses in any Nicholson route...for example, the other day I saw 5400 on the 4, and seeing a Van-Go bus on a route other than the 28 isn't a rarity either, and for most people, that's a benefit because those buses don't have fareboxes (as well as 5400 and 5401) which means they get free rides.

Before the rebranding, I saw 'Round Rockville buses a few times on the 4 and the 18. I think they got around on all those Nicholson routes in advance.

As for VanGo buses on routes other than the 28, doesn't that cost Ride On of some revenue for all those default free rides, more than not making pullout?

Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on May 15, 2009, 02:23:37 PM
I saw a VanGo bus on the 11 in the summer of 2007.  Yes, you read that right.

In spring of 2008, I saw VanGo buses on the 1 and the 2 within a few weeks of each other.