News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Guess the Location

Started by WMATAGMOAGH, May 12, 2009, 03:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

WMATAGMOAGH

I saw this photo on a WMATA Press Release and thought it would make a good guess the location, so have at it.  Answer to be posted after 7 PM tomorrow (Wednesday) if no one gets it by then.


NewFlyer9736BCT

Friendship Heights Station...specifically on Western Ave.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Nabinut

More interesting is the fact there's a semi-suburban bus on a local route

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: Nabinut on May 12, 2009, 09:38:44 PM
More interesting is the fact there's a semi-suburban bus on a local route

semi-suburban?? It is a suburban.

also, it's not a rarity to see one of these on the T2
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Nabinut

Semi-suburban in the fact the bus has two doors, a true suburban only has one.

Scrabbleship

Quote from: Nabinut on May 12, 2009, 09:38:44 PM
More interesting is the fact there's a semi-suburban bus on a local route

Not all that uncommon on routes in Montgomery, though now that they gave a bunch of their semi-suburbans to Annex it's less common than it was.

WMATAGMOAGH

George got it.  It is Friendship Heights, Western Avenue Bay.  When I first saw the photo, I thought they just signed up the bus as a T2 somewhere in DC since I couldn't think of where along the T2 route such a building like the one on the right existed, and I also noticed the DC style traffic light.  Then I recognized the building (which I'm still not used to seeing when I go by there), at which point I figured I might as well post it here and see if anyone else could figure it out.

I came across another photo that might make for an interesting guess the location, perhaps I'll post it next week.