News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Atlantic City Express Service from NYC

Started by WMAveteran, February 08, 2009, 09:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

WMAveteran

The February 7, 2009 edition of THE NEW YORK TIMES reported on the Friday (2/06/09) debut of weekend train service between New York and Atlantic City.  The service is financed by three casinos (Borgata, Caesar's and Harrah's) and operated by NJT using custom designed double decker coaches that can seat 300 on leather seats in two classes. The trip is projected to take "about two hours 45 minutes each way."  "Introductory fares start at $39 each way for coach and $64 for first class, and tickets are sold through Amtrak."  "The train will run nine round trips each weekend . . . " 

79MetroExtraMD

I wonder where the train turns around to head either to AC or NYC once it gets near Philly. I guess thats probably why they have a diesel at one end and an electric at the other end.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

WMATAGMOAGH

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on February 08, 2009, 10:35:18 PM
I wonder where the train turns around to head either to AC or NYC once it gets near Philly. I guess thats probably why they have a diesel at one end and an electric at the other end.

SHORE