News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

WMATA to get NABI 40-BRTs and Orion VII NGs?

Started by LandoverDivision, January 05, 2009, 01:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LandoverDivision

Ok based on the pictures in the 5 year procument, it looks like WMATA will be getting some 40-BRTs and Orion VII NGs in a year or 2 I think. Is this true?
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Antozilla


C40LF_2464

#2
Why? It would be better if we got the NG's and put tem in landove cuz there not CNG

Antozilla


Tritransit Area

I've been reading that that NGs in New York are a big upgrade to the rest of the Orion VII fleet.  I really hope that is the case; I'd be interested in reading your views about the Fairfax Orion VII NGs when they come in.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

RailBus63

Quote from: landoverdivision on January 05, 2009, 01:36:56 PM
Ok based on the pictures in the 5 year procument, it looks like WMATA will be getting some 40-BRTs and Orion VII NGs in a year or 2 I think. Is this true?

Do you have a link for this document?

OrionFlyer

I know exactly what you read. But the final decision was NABI 60ft BRT CNGs and New Flyer 40ft and 60ft BRT Hybrids.
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

C40LF_2464

The document is right here http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/board_of_directors/board_docs/091307_IIIABus.pdf

and I think the Orion VII CNG is a boot leg C40LF or DE40LF i never figured out the diffrence untill i saw the back of the bus

Tritransit Area

Um, this document refers to what OrionFlyer said...the buses they are talking are the NABI 60-BRTs and New Flyer DE40LFAs that are being delivered/in operation right now.

The pictures just show some of the other options available in the market...the schemes are photoshopped.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

C40LF_2464

I was thinking it was about the Orion VII NG and the NABI 40 BRT's