News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Favorite destination voice?

Started by C40LF_2464, November 12, 2008, 06:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

btconet

Original SEPTA would be my favorite.  It didn't announce every stop, instead highlighting points of interest, and the way it was announced was clear and to the point, something like (I know this is totally wrong info, but is just for illustration):

"Fifty Second Street, for routes G, 52, and Parkside Memorial Hospital."

Most irritating one I've encounted so far is on the Baltimore Metro.  It is constantly announcing the next stop every 30 seconds or so and is a bit indistinct in pronunciation so a ride from Owings Mills is constantly peppered with what sounds like:

"The Next Station is....

Food Court!"

WMATAGMOAGH

I'm pretty sure the original SEPTA system had all the stops.  The only problem is it was driver activated, and many drivers didn't press the button before each and every stop.

Tristan

I've seen buses where there was no announcement unless someone pulled the cord...USELESS!