News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

PHOTO: Guess the Location

Started by WMATAGMOAGH, November 04, 2008, 10:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

WMATAGMOAGH

This photo comes off of washingtonpost.com.  Does anyone else know where it was taken?



Answer to be posted Wednesday after 6 PM.

LandoverDivision

The REAL Landover Division fan!

rideonrulez

Shady Grove Station facing SB towards Rockville. That's the Indianola Dr bridge.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

Tristan


NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: rideonrulez on November 05, 2008, 12:12:06 PM
Shady Grove Station facing SB towards Rockville. That's the Indianola Dr bridge.

yeah I was just thinking that
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

LandoverDivision

You know, black white black white. Like a checker board kinda. Or a chess board. Something like that.
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Tristan

I think you're seeing a combination of pixellation from excessive JPEG compression and the supports that hold the white cover up over the third rail, if that's the area you're referring to.

LandoverDivision

If you put it that way. Speaking of photos, how is the photo gallery coming along Tristan?
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Perry

That looks like an orange line train, but I can't figure out the bridge crossing the tracks. It looks like an older area.

coneyraven

Could it be just south o Rockville -- with the bridge being the one just south of Veirs Mill Road
Red Line train to Rhode Island Avenue -- Doors Closing
Blue Line train to Stadium-Armory -- Doors Closing
Orange Line train to Ballston -- Doors Closing

Next station -- Nicholson Lane -- Doors open on the left

WMATAGMOAGH

Chris got it, and bonus points for identifying the bridge (which I would have said was the Redland Road bridge, but I can see the shadow of the Redland Road bridge over the interlocking).

Tristan

Quote from: landoverdivision on November 05, 2008, 03:55:07 PM
If you put it that way. Speaking of photos, how is the photo gallery coming along Tristan?

Life's in the way - didn't get home until 12 the last two days.  Probably won't tonight either.

LandoverDivision

Damn. Well whenever the Photo Gallery is ready(don't want to rush you), I have plenty of photos waiting. I should get more today. Just let me know when it's ready. :D
The REAL Landover Division fan!

Tristan

Rush me, it's fine - this is one of my more immediate goals.  A little push might help :-)

LandoverDivision

HAHA Ok. Speaking of that photo at the top, my computer made it looked "checkered", but once I got on a better working computer, now I see it's not "checkered". Can we do more of these "guess the photo" thingys?
The REAL Landover Division fan!