News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Ride-On's 1996 Orion Vs

Started by Annex4421, February 17, 2010, 10:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Annex4421

Does anybody know where they can be found I want to make a video on one for somebody. Thanks



WayneNYC

They're at Gaithersburg garage and very easy to find on weekdays at the hotstops like Rockville, Shady Grove and Lakeforest.

NewFlyer9736BCT

Try looking for them in rush hour. there might be some running on midday but it's less likely.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

RideOn5905

Actually, they do run rampant midday, mostly at Lakeforest. What's really weird is that I haven't seen most of them in ages, while the few I do see, I see frequently. Here's a list of '96 Orion V's I've seen over the past month:
5554
5555
5563
5999
Other than that, the only ones I've seen since last September are 5553, 5557 and 5562; but as for the rest, it's been over a year since I've seen them. I don't know if they're being retired or what, and if they are, then why now?

Flxible

Are the 1996 Orion Vs Ride On's oldest?  Also, is their lone Orion I (5529) still in service?
Once all the goats are rounded up, the German tourists are extradited, and the syrup trucks are returned, you'll have to admit that you never saw that one coming.

Tritransit Area

Gosh, I didn't realize those buses are so hard to find.  I would rather them run on all of those Nicholson routes over the '96 Gillig Phantoms.
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...

NewFlyer9736BCT

Quote from: Flxible on April 01, 2010, 08:54:56 PM
Are the 1996 Orion Vs Ride On's oldest?  Also, is their lone Orion I (5529) still in service?

5529 is still in service, i posted in the April observations thread that I saw it going southbound on 270 at around Quince Orchard Rd.

As for the Orion Vs, I know that 5554, 5555, 5557, 5562, 5563, 5572-5578 are still in service. I also saw 5579 today, read more about that in the April Obs. thread
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Flxible

Thanks for the info.  Good to hear about 5529.  Going to look at your Ride On pics now...
Once all the goats are rounded up, the German tourists are extradited, and the syrup trucks are returned, you'll have to admit that you never saw that one coming.