News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Why the new DE42LFA's / DE62LFA's

Started by BladensburgB2, May 26, 2009, 10:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BladensburgB2

Hello all just wanted to know did any one know why there are not any new buses on the street in MD, I was wondering tha same thing but i was talking to a friend of mines that is a shop forman at Mongt Div an he said that the specs are different then DC's so MD might have to go bck and do a little work on them be for they can be cut loose on the street one thing he said was the rear wheel covers have to come off but far as anything else i am not sure but if anyone can add on please do
What kinda buses are going to pop up next  ...................

79MetroExtraMD

I also heard the buses had to be tuned for highway speeds along the Beltway. 50 is a bit slow for any kind of bus. That's what I heard so far as to why the MD garages don't have them in service as of yet.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

Tristan

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on May 26, 2009, 10:46:42 PM
I also heard the buses had to be tuned for highway speeds along the Beltway. 50 is a bit slow for any kind of bus. That's what I heard so far as to why the MD garages don't have them in service as of yet.

That makes some sense, even though not many bus routes operate on the highways, a lot of deadheads do.