News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

The N22 is like the best bus route ever.

Started by OrionFlyer, October 08, 2008, 08:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OrionFlyer

With a 10 minute frequency up to the time it stops running. I think its the best route in the WMATA system. I like it so much that I rode it to and from Union Station 4 times yesterday.

Why does this route have a 10 minute frequency up to the time it ends at night? Also, one of the N22's I was on was a 2700. Those racks on top of those coach bus lights, are they really luggage racks?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

79MetroExtraMD

Quote from: NGOrion on October 08, 2008, 08:55:03 AM
With a 10 minute frequency up to the time it stops running. I think its the best route in the WMATA system. I like it so much that I rode it to and from Union Station 4 times yesterday.

Why does this route have a 10 minute frequency up to the time it ends at night? Also, one of the N22's I was on was a 2700. Those racks on top of those coach bus lights, are they really luggage racks?

The 2700s have luggage racks. Those buses were mainly suited for the 5A but get shifted around to other runs so it's no biggie to see one on the N22.

The N22 used to run weekday rush hours only to shuttle people from Union Station to the Navy Yard complex, but after the opening of Nationals Stadium (and the apparent closing of Southeast who used to run the N22), the N22 became full time 7 days a week.
"Route 79, Limited Stop, destination: Archives"
Follow me on Twitter: @kencon06

WayneNYC

Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on October 08, 2008, 10:42:01 AM
The 2700s have luggage racks. Those buses were mainly suited for the 5A but get shifted around to other runs so it's no biggie to see one on the N22.


Although the 5A uses 2700s I suspect their main purpose is for all of FMR express routes.

Tristan

Yea there are 30 of them, I don't think the 5A needs that many buses!

OrionFlyer

#4
The New Flyer Suburbans have those racks too. I saw one on the C2 yesterday. Are those only at Montgomery?
Blue Line Shuttle to Franconia-Springfield.



Want me to make a destination sign for you? Just send me a PM and I'll have it made in no time.

NewFlyer9736BCT

#5
Quote from: NGOrion on October 08, 2008, 12:36:46 PM
The New Flyer Suburbans have those racks too. I saw one on the C2 yesterday. Are those only at Montgomery?

Yep, 6179-6217 are at Montgomery only (the suburbans are 6206-6217)

And just like FMR, Montgomery's suburbans are mainly used for certain lines (in this case, J7, J9, and I think some of the Z routes) but they get frequently placed on other lines.
Route Q2. Destination: Silver Spring Station

Scrabbleship

Quote from: George on October 08, 2008, 12:42:57 PM
Quote from: NGOrion on October 08, 2008, 12:36:46 PM
The New Flyer Suburbans have those racks too. I saw one on the C2 yesterday. Are those only at Montgomery?

Yep, 6179-6217 are at Montgomery only (the suburbans are 6206-6217)

And just like FMR, Montgomery's suburbans are mainly used for certain lines (in this case, J7, J9, and I think some of the Z routes) but they get frequently placed on other lines.

They are also staples on the J5. I can count on both times, in 3.5 months I have taken the J5 to work every day, that I haven't gotten a D40LFR suburban in the morning. Afternoons are another story.

They also are regulars on the weekday L8.

WMATAGMOAGH

They also wind up on the T2 with some regularity.