News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Things That Make You Go...............!

Started by mrpete, September 07, 2010, 04:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mrpete

Some time ago I while reviewing Van Hool's international web site I came upon a graphic for a new "intercity coach", designated C3045, for the US market, then under development. It looked like a pregnant Scenicruiser at best. Today while reviewing the Canadian Public Transit Discussion  Board's (CPTDB) Comprehensive bus manufacturer Wiki, on the Van Hool page I found a link to the C3045. Apparently this..vehicle was a cooperative venture with AC Transit for a new "suburban" style bus. Clicking on the link revealed ....this:

http://groups.google.com/group/norcalbusfans/browse_thread/thread/4f5aeec00e2d0dfa 

At the time AC was serious about this: to wit:

http://www.actransit.org/aboutac/bod/memos/4842c9.pdf

Tritransit Area

Ugly bus, isn't it?  I find it interesting that these are their last VanHools!
My favorite buses:
1989 SEPTA AN440: 19 years in service
1989 NJT Metro Bs: 21 years in service
1990 WMATA 93/9400 Flxes: 20 years in service!
1990-92 Ride-On Orion Is: 17-18 years in service!

Tell me again I have no taste in buses...