Weekend bus service between Washington DC and Delaware beaches

Started by WMAveteran, May 25, 2010, 11:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

WMAveteran

 DC2NY will begin weekend service to Rehoboth and Dewey beaches on Friday, May 28, 2010.  The fares are $39 one way and $70 round trip.  The bus will pick-up passengers at Dupont Circle and Union Station.  See www.dc2ny.com for more information.

Scrabbleship

Quote from: WMAveteran on May 25, 2010, 11:53:12 PM
DC2NY will begin weekend service to Rehoboth and Dewey beaches on Friday, May 28, 2010.  The fares are $39 one way and $70 round trip.  The bus will pick-up passengers at Dupont Circle and Union Station.  See www.dc2ny.com for more information.

This fills a hole that has been gaping since the "Rehobus" (a micro-marketed company owned, and largely geared towards, the LGTBQ community) went under after Summer 2008. I think that if they get some of the ex-Rehobus crowd and people who never heard of it or wouldn't have ridden it*, DC2NY will be fine. Good to see companies getting out of the DC-NYC box.

* To Rehobus' credit, they did very little promotion of it outside their target market even though all were welcome. I only heard about it on DCist. Reading up on it, seemed like a nice outfit; DirecTV on board and the option to pre-buy meals from one of the diners in Adams Morgan.


rideonrulez

I love this option to get to Rehoboth/Dewey without using Greyhound to Ocean City or going to Wilmington and taking the DART #305 there. I actually might use this service. But here's where it might  fail...The transit service in Rehoboth/Dewey SUCKS. The DART #208 that connects Ocean City Transit to Rehoboth and beach town in between operates every 2-3 hours!! That is why people choose to drive over there.
"Ignore Asian Character Width"

Scrabbleship

Quote from: rideonrulez on May 26, 2010, 02:08:51 PM
I love this option to get to Rehoboth/Dewey without using Greyhound to Ocean City or going to Wilmington and taking the DART #305 there. I actually might use this service. But here's where it might  fail...The transit service in Rehoboth/Dewey SUCKS. The DART #208 that connects Ocean City Transit to Rehoboth and beach town in between operates every 2-3 hours!! That is why people choose to drive over there.

I found summer transit within Rehoboth Beach to be not so bad when I went there last year (taking the 201 from the Park & Ride to the boardwalk). Those horrible Chumpions suck though and those routes should be deserving of the baby Gilligs or even something 40'.

I think those who are going to Rehoboth Beach probably aren't straying far from the boardwalk area for much of their trip. If they want to go to the DE-1 corridor, they know how to get there either via DART or a cab.