News:

No news is good news :-)

Main Menu

Early Metrorail Closing on New Year's Day

Started by Scrabbleship, December 17, 2009, 12:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Scrabbleship

Quote from: Perry on December 22, 2009, 08:57:26 PM
One less thing for Jason to complain about now!

Won't matter to me, I'll be out of town.

Is there a 12-step program for getting over GreaterGreaterWashington? :p

DCT S9Z4Z6

#16
Quote from: Scrabbleship on December 22, 2009, 09:04:32 PM
Quote from: Perry on December 22, 2009, 08:57:26 PM
One less thing for Jason to complain about now!

Won't matter to me, I'll be out of town.

Is there a 12-step program for getting over GreaterGreaterWashington? :p




Yes there is.

I-95 SOUTH
When you cross the Georgia/Florida boarder you are clear of the rat race.
When you cross I-10 you passing the snow/freeze line.

When you only come to DC for Weddings/Reunions/Family Functions, you know you have left DC in the dust.

However,
What I wouldn't give, to have a 3Brothers Italian Restaurant, within a 1hr drive.
Can't go wrong, with a classic ANYTHING!

WMATAGMOAGH

Dr. Gridlock reported in his chat this week that the plan was to close at midnight tonight, until Neil Albert of the DC Council raised a fuss saying it was a Friday night and it would hurt business and such in DC.  WTOP is reporting the same thing today.  As a result the system is staying open until 2 AM as a compromise of sorts.  Money issues aside, I still think they should stay open until 3 simply because that is the regular Friday schedule.

Also, there is a contest on WMATA's website to guess the ridership for today.  The prize is a $25 Smartrip card.  Just go online to wmata.com/newyears and enter your guess and email address.  Closest one to the actual number without going over will be notified by January 8 that they won, one entry per email address.