DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: Tristan on August 19, 2008, 11:37:59 AM

Title: DASH in BUSRide Transit Wrap Contest
Post by: Tristan on August 19, 2008, 11:37:59 AM
[bias]

DASH has entered the BUSRide 2008 Transit Wrap contest.  View all the candidates and vote for DASH your favorite here: http://www.busride.com/buswrap.asp?Category=Transit (http://www.busride.com/buswrap.asp?Category=Transit)

[/bias]

You may vote as many times as you want, so DASH does not necessarily have to be your one choice (I'm kind of fond of Milwaukee's as well).
Title: Re: DASH in BUSRide Transit Wrap Contest
Post by: rideonrulez on August 19, 2008, 01:28:05 PM
Milwaukee got my vote that's for sure! 
Title: Re: DASH in BUSRide Transit Wrap Contest
Post by: Perry on August 19, 2008, 06:15:42 PM
The one for Capital Metro and Fargo get my vote!
Title: Re: DASH in BUSRide Transit Wrap Contest
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 19, 2008, 06:21:10 PM
The Valley Metro one looks a bit creepy.
Title: Re: DASH in BUSRide Transit Wrap Contest
Post by: WMAveteran on August 20, 2008, 01:53:43 AM
I liked the Capital Area Transit airport scheme.
Title: Re: DASH in BUSRide Transit Wrap Contest
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on August 20, 2008, 09:45:08 AM
Quote from: WMAveteran on August 20, 2008, 01:53:43 AM
I liked the Capital Area Transit airport scheme.
This, Milwaukee, and CMTA (the 40-ft limo (which is apparently 35'...))

I'm surprised Broward County Transit isn't there, they have some really nice wraps and I would have definitely voted for it.
Examples of BCT favorites: 1 (http://www.gpbusgallery.com/bct9709a.htm), 2 (http://www.gpbusgallery.com/bct0017a.htm), 3 (http://www.gpbusgallery.com/bct0008a.htm), 4 (http://www.gpbusgallery.com/bct0119a.htm), 5 (http://www.gpbusgallery.com/bct0141a.htm)
Title: Re: DASH in BUSRide Transit Wrap Contest
Post by: WayneNYC on August 20, 2008, 06:52:39 PM
I still do not like wraps.  However, if I must look at them: Mississauga and Milwaukee looks cool.
Title: Re: DASH in BUSRide Transit Wrap Contest
Post by: Tristan on September 10, 2008, 10:49:20 PM
This just in: The Wrap Contest was extended to September 15.  DASH is leading by about 300 votes over Antelope Valley.  We have been trading 1st and 2nd place for a couple weeks now, apparently.  We're supposedly in the lead right now but anything can happen.
Title: Re: DASH in BUSRide Transit Wrap Contest
Post by: Tristan on September 15, 2008, 09:41:10 PM
I dunno what was done differently but it looks like DASH has blown all the other systems out of the water.

Not too bad for the worst transit system in the country, (http://www.dctransit.info/forums/beyond-the-beltway-b21/worst-and-best!!!/msg1126/#msg1126) huh?
Title: Re: DASH in BUSRide Transit Wrap Contest
Post by: WES on September 16, 2008, 07:09:38 PM
It's not the worst, the supremely the cleanest.  If DASH is bad then what the hell is THE BUS,  a cab service or Howard and Corridor Transit serves only Howard and Laurel area schools?