DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: OrionFlyer on August 18, 2008, 09:24:41 AM

Title: Next Bus still works?
Post by: OrionFlyer on August 18, 2008, 09:24:41 AM
I went here:

http://www.nextbus.com/googleMap/googleMap.jsp?a=wmata&r=70#

Looks like WMATA's Next Bus Still working. I thought they stopped it.
Title: Re: Next Bus still works?
Post by: Tristan on August 18, 2008, 10:50:26 AM
They didn't "stop" it per se, they stopped endorsing it as an accurate way to find out when buses come.......I mean, you gotta run it to test it, and getting it back up is one of Metro's higher goals for the bus system right now.
Title: Re: Next Bus still works?
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 18, 2008, 01:21:59 PM
Back then when the system was up. It was getting only an 80 percent accuracy which wasn't up to par with Metro's expectations. They wanted at least 95 percent. There has been a slight change with the scheduling system tied into the radio. From what I can recall, they changed up the "route numbers" to correspond to particular garages. They did change the operator manifests so they don't really carry paddles around too much. I still see them, but I see the manifests now. What I mean by route number is the Orbital route number. For example, 17900 is the 79. 1 being the garage code for Bladensburg. 2 is Montgomery. I think Landover might be 3. Once things get worked out, the system will be back up and hopes to have all lines up. Now, to just have something like Bustracker's features with NextBus.