DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: 79MetroExtraMD on July 20, 2008, 12:05:05 AM

Title: Routes by Garage
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on July 20, 2008, 12:05:05 AM
Since we're on the case of division rosters, how about listing the routes operated by garage. I can only name the ones for Western, Montgomery, Arlington, Four Mile Run and Northern. The ones I need are Bladensburg, Landover, and Annex.

Western:
31 32 35 37 39
60 62 64 66
98
D1 D2 D3
E2 E3 E4 E5
L2 L3 L4 L7
N2 N4 N6

Montomgery
C2 C4 C7 C8 C9
J1 J2 J3 J4 J5 J7 J9
K6
L8
N2 N4 N6
Q2
T2
Y5 Y7 Y8 Y9
Z2 Z6 Z8 Z11 Z13 Z9 Z29

Four Mile Run
All of VA routes during weekends
Weekdays
1A 1Z (from my observations)
3Y
4 line (might be split with Arlington)
5A
7 line
8 line
9 lline
13 line
15K 15L
16 line
17 line
18 line (split with Royal, might be fully FMR now)
22B
23A 23C
25 line
28F 28G
38B
P6 (split with Bladensburg)
N22

Northern
52 53 54
60 62 64 66 68?
70 71
90 92 93
B6 B8?
G2
H8 H9
K1 K2 K6?
S line

Arlington
1 line
2 line
3 line (except 3Y)
4 line?
10A 10B 10E
26 GEORGE

Bladensburg (to my knowledge)
42 (rush hour)
79
80 81 82 83 86
90 92 93 (rush hour)
B2
D3 D4 D5 D6 D8
E2 E4 (rush hour)
G2? G8
H line (except H8 H9)
P1 P2 P6
R1 R2 R3 R4 R5
U2 U4 U5 U6
V5 V7 V8 V9
W4
X1 X2 X3

That's what I have so far. Corrections are welcome.


Title: Re: Division Rosters
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on July 20, 2008, 01:11:00 AM
This was posted on BTCO and I think it is more accurate than what 79MetroExtraMD posted.  Perhaps a future project can be putting a list of who operates what on the main site, as well as an updated roster or attempt to beat WMATA at Russian Roulette, whichever you prefer to call it.

http://monumentalcity.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=44541

Montgomery Division: New Flyer DE40lfs, D40lfrs, Flxible Metro B, D, E, Orion V 9600 series and the other series, Orion VI, and NABI Artics.

C2, C4
C7, C9
C8
J1, J2, J3
J4
J5
L1, L2, L4
L7, L8
N2, N3, N4, N6 (weekdays only, weekends from Western)
Q2
T2
Y5, Y7, Y8, Y9
Z2, Z6
Z8
Z11, Z13
Z9, Z29

Bladensburg: Flxible Metro D, NABI Artics, 3700 Series Orion V, New Flyer C40lfs and C40lfrs, Orion VII 40fts and 30fts.

32, 36 (split with Western & Annex)
42 (split with Western)
80
81, 82, 83, 86
84 (sometimes)
B2
B8, B9
D1, D3 (split with Western)
D4
D5 (split with Western)
D6
D8
E2, E3, E4 (split with Western)
G8
H1
H2, H3, H4
H6
P1, P2
P6 (split with FMR)
R1, R2, R5
R3
R4
U2
U4
U5, U6
U8
V7, V8, V9
X1, X3
X2
X8

Landover: 9600 and Series Orion V and other series, Flxible Metro D, Orion VI, New Flyer D40lfr, DE40lf, and DE40lfr.

87, 88
89, 89M
A11, A12
F4, F6 (almost always DE40lfrs, D40lfrs, and DE40lfs)
F8
F12
F13
F14
B21, B22
B24, B25
B29, B31
B30 (always Orion V)
C21, C22, C26, C29
C28
P12
R12
T16, T17
T18 (almost always a DE40lfr or D40lfr)

Annex: Flxible Metro B and E, New Flyer D40lfr, Orion V.

39
A2, A6, A7, A8, A42, A26, A48
A4, A5
A9
C11, C13
C12, C14
D12, D13, D14
H11, H12, H13
J11, J12, J13
K11, K12, K13
M5
M6
NH1
P17, P18, P19 (almost always a D40lfr)
W13, W14 (almost always a D40lfr)
W15

Arlington:
1A,B,E,F,Z
1C (split with FM)
2A-C,G (split with FM)
2T (split with FM)
2W
3A,B,E (split with FM)
3T
4A,B,E,H (split with FM)
All the 12's
15K,L (split with FM)
all the 20's
22A
all 24's
25A,C,D (split with FM)
25B (split with FM)
all 26's
28T

Royal:
8's (split with FM)
9A,E (split with FM)
10A,B,E (split with FM)
11Y
13's (split with FM)
17's (split with FM)
18E,F
18G,H,J,P,R,S (split with FM)
all 21's
28A,B (split with FM)
29K,N


However, this is missing some things, so here is an attempt at finishing some parts of it from the existing posts though I'm sure I have some errors:

Western:
31 37
32 36 (split with Bladensburg)
42 (split with Bladensburg)
60 62 64 66 68
98
D1 D3 D5 (split with Bladensburg)
D2
E2 E3 E4 (split with Bladensburg)
E6
N6 (weekends only, weekdays from Montgomery)

Northern
52 53 54
70 71
90 92 93
B6 B8
G2
H8 H9
K1 K2
S1 S2 S4

Four Mile Run (operates all Royal and Arlington service on weekends):
1A 1Z (from my observations)
3Y
4 line (might be split with Arlington)
5A
7 line
8 line
9 lline
13 line
15K 15L
16 line
17 line
18 line (split with Royal, might be fully FMR now)
22B
23A 23C
25 line
28F 28G
38B
P6 (split with Bladensburg)
N22


One question is on the 32 and 36, do any of those runs come from Annex or is it just Bladensburg and Western?
Title: Re: Division Rosters
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on July 20, 2008, 02:36:49 AM
Addendum to that list

W17, W19 (Annex)
Title: Re: Division Rosters
Post by: Scrabbleship on August 01, 2008, 06:48:33 PM
Couldn't the M4 and N8 be added to Western? I know Western has Orion II's and I've seen Western blocks on both.

Also, 96 is Northern.
Title: Re: Division Rosters
Post by: OrionFlyer on August 16, 2008, 10:54:41 AM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on July 20, 2008, 01:11:00 AM
This was posted on BTCO and I think it is more accurate than what 79MetroExtraMD posted.  Perhaps a future project can be putting a list of who operates what on the main site, as well as an updated roster or attempt to beat WMATA at Russian Roulette, whichever you prefer to call it.

http://monumentalcity.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=44541 (http://monumentalcity.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=44541)



Hey thanks for posting mostly what I did on the BTCO.net ;D
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: Tristan on August 16, 2008, 12:51:29 PM
FYI - this topic was split from the "Division Rosters" thread because it was a separate subject that deserves equal attention and ease of reference instead of being buried deep within another thread.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on August 16, 2008, 07:25:35 PM
As promised, I've begun to compile posts to create an accurate listing, but some questions have come up:

1.  Are the As split between Annex and FMR?
2.  Who operates the M5 and M6?
3.  I have the V5 as being split between Bladensburg and Annex, with the other Vs at Bladensburg, is this right?
4.  Who operates the B51?  C40?  D51?  E32?  M31?  S35?  S41?  W54?
5.  I'm putting the Deal JHS and Wilson HS routes at Northern
6.  Are B8 and B9 Northern or Bladensburg?
7.  Where do V12, V13, and V14 come from?

Thanks!
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: OrionFlyer on August 16, 2008, 09:41:15 PM
Well every time I go to DC all I see on the B8 and B9 lines are Orion VII's 30fts or the Orion II's. So I think they are only done by Bladensburg.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on August 16, 2008, 09:44:01 PM
Just to clear things up:

The 18 line might be split between Royal and FMR. I saw Royal buses on that line, idk about FMR.
The B8 and B9 are Bladensburg
As far as I know, the Vs are Bladensburg, Annex might do some rush hour runs.
The 1 and 4 lines are split between FMR and Arlington.
Annex has the 39


And also...
1/2 of the time I see an Orion VI on the T18, the other 1/2 I see a D40LFR (based on my observations)
I'm pretty sure the D3, D5, and D6 are split between Western and Bladensburg, not sure about D1.
I'm pretty sure SE Division said that FMR does some A line runs along with Annex.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: OrionFlyer on August 16, 2008, 10:24:48 PM
When it comes to the T18 I've seen Flxibles, Orion V's, VI's, New Flyer D40lf's, DE40lfs, and DE40lfr's on this line.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on August 16, 2008, 10:25:24 PM
Quote from: George on August 16, 2008, 09:44:01 PM
Just to clear things up:

The 18 line might be split between Royal and FMR. I saw Royal buses on that line, idk about FMR.
The B8 and B9 are Bladensburg
As far as I know, the Vs are Bladensburg, Annex might do some rush hour runs.
The 1 and 4 lines are split between FMR and Arlington.
Annex has the 39


And also...
1/2 of the time I see an Orion VI on the T18, the other 1/2 I see a D40LFR (based on my observations)
I'm pretty sure the D3, D5, and D6 are split between Western and Bladensburg, not sure about D1.
I'm pretty sure SE Division said that FMR does some A line runs along with Annex.

Thanks for the replies so far.  For the VA routes, it would be helpful for people to indicate route suffixes wherever possible.  Also, for the VA routes, please only post weekday information.  We all know what the weekend assignment is.

I have the 39 being split between Annex and Bladensburg, but there is some conflicting information on that score.

I have the D1/D3/D6 and the D5 being listed as split (the way I'm doing this is by grouping all the lines on a route together unless we know for a fact there is a split operation not shared among them, for example, the 96 and 97).
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: ChristopherF on August 17, 2008, 12:21:46 AM
Earlier this decade, until April 2008, Northern operated the K6 route on Saturdays, but not Sundays, which were -- and still are -- operated by Montgomery.  From April 2008 on, all K6 weekend service is now operated exclusively by Montgomery.  Oddly enough, Montgomery operated weekend service on the K6 from mid-1991 to the early 2000s, when Northern took over Saturday service operations.  But due to the closure of the Southeastern garage last April, K6's Saturday service operations reverted back to Montgomery.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on August 17, 2008, 11:09:17 AM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on August 16, 2008, 10:25:24 PM
Quote from: George on August 16, 2008, 09:44:01 PM
Just to clear things up:

The 18 line might be split between Royal and FMR. I saw Royal buses on that line, idk about FMR.
The B8 and B9 are Bladensburg
As far as I know, the Vs are Bladensburg, Annex might do some rush hour runs.
The 1 and 4 lines are split between FMR and Arlington.
Annex has the 39


And also...
1/2 of the time I see an Orion VI on the T18, the other 1/2 I see a D40LFR (based on my observations)
I'm pretty sure the D3, D5, and D6 are split between Western and Bladensburg, not sure about D1.
I'm pretty sure SE Division said that FMR does some A line runs along with Annex.

Thanks for the replies so far.  For the VA routes, it would be helpful for people to indicate route suffixes wherever possible.  Also, for the VA routes, please only post weekday information.  We all know what the weekend assignment is.

I have the 39 being split between Annex and Bladensburg, but there is some conflicting information on that score.

I have the D1/D3/D6 and the D5 being listed as split (the way I'm doing this is by grouping all the lines on a route together unless we know for a fact there is a split operation not shared among them, for example, the 96 and 97).
I know, but I meant the lines in general. I have seen FMR buses on weekday Arlington routes like the 1 and 4 lines, specifically the 1A and 4B, but I don't know about the others, so I just say the line in general. And I know that ALL Virginia routes are operated from FMR in the weekends.
When I talk about Virginia, always assume I'm talking about the weekdays unless I say so.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on August 17, 2008, 08:31:48 PM
Quote from: ChristopherF on August 17, 2008, 12:21:46 AM
Earlier this decade, until April 2008, Northern operated the K6 route on Saturdays, but not Sundays, which were -- and still are -- operated by Montgomery.  From April 2008 on, all K6 weekend service is now operated exclusively by Montgomery.  Oddly enough, Montgomery operated weekend service on the K6 from mid-1991 to the early 2000s, when Northern took over Saturday service operations.  But due to the closure of the Southeastern garage last April, K6's Saturday service operations reverted back to Montgomery.

Already noted...
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: LandoverDivision on August 22, 2008, 11:14:54 PM
Montgomery does some Landover routes too. Also Annex does some Landover routes. Example, I saw 4101 on the A12, and I actually got on 6120 whe it was the T18. Also, I saw 9768 on the A12. I think 9768 is a Western bus. 4006 was also on the A12 which is an Annex bus I believe. And I caught 9766 when it was on the F8.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 22, 2008, 11:27:09 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on August 22, 2008, 11:14:54 PM
Montgomery does some Landover routes too. Also Annex does some Landover routes. Example, I saw 4101 on the A12, and I actually got on 6120 whe it was the T18. Also, I saw 9768 on the A12. I think 9768 is a Western bus. 4006 was also on the A12 which is an Annex bus I believe. And I caught 9766 when it was on the F8.

Montgomery can't really do any of Landover's routes. I wanna take a stab and say because of the two different unions.  The A12 has been an Annex route and 6120 is a Landover bus. 9766 is as well.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: LandoverDivision on August 23, 2008, 12:57:42 AM
6101-6139 (Annex), 6140-6178 (Landover), 6179-6217 (Montgomery). 9701-9749 (I believe) is Landover. 9766 is either Western, or Nothern. And 4101 is Montgomery. I also seen 9809 on the A12.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 23, 2008, 01:32:08 AM
Quote from: landoverdivision on August 23, 2008, 12:57:42 AM
6101-6139 (Annex), 6140-6178 (Landover), 6179-6217 (Montgomery). 9701-9749 (I believe) is Landover. 9766 is either Western, or Nothern. And 4101 is Montgomery. I also seen 9809 on the A12.

I misread 6120 as another number. :P
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: LandoverDivision on August 23, 2008, 01:37:56 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on August 23, 2008, 01:32:08 AM
Quote from: landoverdivision on August 23, 2008, 12:57:42 AM
6101-6139 (Annex), 6140-6178 (Landover), 6179-6217 (Montgomery). 9701-9749 (I believe) is Landover. 9766 is either Western, or Nothern. And 4101 is Montgomery. I also seen 9809 on the A12.

I misread 6120 as another number. :P

Wow LOL. Man, I would love for Landover to get some Flxible Metro-Es and some artics. We need more buses here.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on August 23, 2008, 12:44:11 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on August 22, 2008, 11:14:54 PM
Montgomery does some Landover routes too. Also Annex does some Landover routes. Example, I saw 4101 on the A12, and I actually got on 6120 whe it was the T18. Also, I saw 9768 on the A12. I think 9768 is a Western bus. 4006 was also on the A12 which is an Annex bus I believe. And I caught 9766 when it was on the F8.
Are you serious?
I didn't think Landover get any help from other divisions.
btw 9768 is a Montgomery bus
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: LandoverDivision on August 23, 2008, 03:38:09 PM
Quote from: George on August 23, 2008, 12:44:11 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on August 22, 2008, 11:14:54 PM
Montgomery does some Landover routes too. Also Annex does some Landover routes. Example, I saw 4101 on the A12, and I actually got on 6120 whe it was the T18. Also, I saw 9768 on the A12. I think 9768 is a Western bus. 4006 was also on the A12 which is an Annex bus I believe. And I caught 9766 when it was on the F8.
Are you serious?
I didn't think Landover get any help from other divisions.
btw 9768 is a Montgomery bus

Oh. Well, I saw Montgomery's and Annex's buses do Landover Routes. Man, Montgomey has the same buses we have, plus more.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: OrionFlyer on August 23, 2008, 03:52:17 PM
Annex does the T18?

And also does Landover do the 86 line?  One day I saw a D40lfr on the 86 line. And no I did not mistake it for a C40lfr. The D40lfrs have the window in the back and guess what number was on the back sign.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 23, 2008, 04:04:07 PM
Quote from: NGOrion on August 23, 2008, 03:52:17 PM
Annex does the T18?

And also does Landover do the 86 line?  One day I saw a D40lfr on the 86 line. And no I did not mistake it for a C40lfr. The D40lfrs have the window in the back and guess what number was on the back sign.

Landover does the T18. Bladensburg does the 86 line. That bus you saw was probably a fill in from Landover to cover a particular run.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: LandoverDivision on August 23, 2008, 04:11:08 PM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on August 23, 2008, 04:04:07 PM
Quote from: NGOrion on August 23, 2008, 03:52:17 PM
Annex does the T18?

And also does Landover do the 86 line?  One day I saw a D40lfr on the 86 line. And no I did not mistake it for a C40lfr. The D40lfrs have the window in the back and guess what number was on the back sign.

Landover does the T18. Bladensburg does the 86 line. That bus you saw was probably a fill in from Landover to cover a particular run.

Probably. But you will see some unsual buses on routes like the small Orion VII on the X2 or a 30 ft Orion V on the A12. A 30 ft on the A12. What the hell was Landover thinking when they did that?
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 23, 2008, 04:14:24 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on August 23, 2008, 04:11:08 PM
Probably. But you will see some unsual buses on routes like the small Orion VII on the X2 or a 30 ft Orion V on the A12. A 30 ft on the A12. What the hell was Landover thinking when they did that?

Sometimes it might be from the availibility of vehicles in the garage or probably due to the way run might interline. For instance, the C8 normally doesn't run with tics, but I know someone who runs it with a tic because he does a Z8 late night run. It happens at times.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: LandoverDivision on August 23, 2008, 04:16:34 PM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on August 23, 2008, 04:14:24 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on August 23, 2008, 04:11:08 PM
Probably. But you will see some unsual buses on routes like the small Orion VII on the X2 or a 30 ft Orion V on the A12. A 30 ft on the A12. What the hell was Landover thinking when they did that?

Sometimes it might be from the availibility of vehicles in the garage or probably due to the way run might interline. For instance, the C8 normally doesn't run with tics, but I know someone who runs it with a tic because he does a Z8 late night run. It happens at times.

Good point. But what if that particular A12 was so overcorwded that people couldn't fit on that bus? I wonder...
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: Perry on August 23, 2008, 04:19:44 PM
It keeps going and they have to wait for the next bus.  Things like that happen here in Vegas every now and then.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: LandoverDivision on August 23, 2008, 04:24:19 PM
People here in the D.C area get impatient waiting for the bus. Here in P.G County, you have to be patient, but people aren't. So if they were to wait for the next bus, they would have to wait 20 minutes for it. If it was a weekend, 30-40 minutes and on Sundays an hour for the A12 anyways.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 23, 2008, 04:28:45 PM
Quote from: Perry on August 23, 2008, 04:19:44 PM
It keeps going and they have to wait for the next bus.  Things like that happen here in Vegas every now and then.

I've seen it like that on the J line at night especially from 9pm with the workers in Bethesda wanting to go east. There was only one time where we had to pass up people because there were a bit more people than usual (college kids), but doesn't compare to the S line or Z line at night. Many a time I've taken the S line at late night (around 12am 1am) where you get a full standing load going up 16th Street. No wonder they operate tics until last runs. The Z line is the same way up to White Oak, mainly White Oak S.C, White Oak Apartments. The times I've ridden with an operator buddy of mine, it was hectic. I was wondering why there was always a load of people waiting for the Z8 at night and wanted to satisfy my curiosity.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: Perry on August 23, 2008, 04:54:22 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on August 23, 2008, 04:24:19 PM
People here in the D.C area get impatient waiting for the bus. Here in P.G County, you have to be patient, but people aren't. So if they were to wait for the next bus, they would have to wait 20 minutes for it. If it was a weekend, 30-40 minutes and on Sundays an hour for the A12 anyways.

I live in DC for 36 years, so believe me I know.  But, it's either that or miss service and would be even worse if that happened.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 23, 2008, 05:16:08 PM
Quote from: Perry on August 23, 2008, 04:54:22 PM
I live in DC for 36 years, so believe me I know.  But, it's either that or miss service and would be even worse if that happened.

I wonder if service in the county was better back then than it is now. A changing of the guard is long overdue.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: Perry on August 23, 2008, 05:42:55 PM
PG County always had lousy bus service.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: LandoverDivision on August 23, 2008, 05:45:51 PM
I wonder who's fault it is that we have such lousy service here.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on August 23, 2008, 07:42:19 PM
A favor to ask please:

This thread was created to post the Routes by Division roster as it is worked on, corrections, and other matters related to that topic and that topic only.  I am working on the roster, as promised (and will have it to everyone before the Silver Line is constructed if all goes well).  However, it will be much easier to compile all your corrections and suggestions (much appreciated) if other topics were posted elsewhere.  Perhaps our friendly moderators can create a new thread for the various bus sightings that have wound up here.

Thanks!
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: orionvii2680 on December 11, 2008, 09:06:19 PM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on July 20, 2008, 01:11:00 AM
This was posted on BTCO and I think it is more accurate than what 79MetroExtraMD posted.  Perhaps a future project can be putting a list of who operates what on the main site, as well as an updated roster or attempt to beat WMATA at Russian Roulette, whichever you prefer to call it.

http://monumentalcity.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=44541

Montgomery Division: New Flyer DE40lfs, D40lfrs, Flxible Metro B, D, E, Orion V 9600 series and the other series, Orion VI, and NABI Artics.

C2, C4
C7, C9
C8
J1, J2, J3
J4
J5
L1, L2, L4
L7, L8
N2, N3, N4, N6 (weekdays only, weekends from Western)
Q2
T2
Y5, Y7, Y8, Y9
Z2, Z6
Z8
Z11, Z13
Z9, Z29

Bladensburg: Flxible Metro D, NABI Artics, 3700 Series Orion V, New Flyer C40lfs and C40lfrs, Orion VII 40fts and 30fts.

32, 36 (split with Western & Annex)
42 (split with Western)
80
81, 82, 83, 86
84 (sometimes)
B2
B8, B9
D1, D3 (split with Western)
D4
D5 (split with Western)
D6
D8
E2, E3, E4 (split with Western)
G8
H1
H2, H3, H4
H6
P1, P2
P6 (split with FMR)
R1, R2, R5
R3
R4
U2
U4
U5, U6
U8
V7, V8, V9
X1, X3
X2
X8

Landover: 9600 and Series Orion V and other series, Flxible Metro D, Orion VI, New Flyer D40lfr, DE40lf, and DE40lfr.

87, 88
89, 89M
A11, A12
F4, F6 (almost always DE40lfrs, D40lfrs, and DE40lfs)
F8
F12
F13
F14
B21, B22
B24, B25
B29, B31
B30 (always Orion V)
C21, C22, C26, C29
C28
P12
R12
T16, T17
T18 (almost always a DE40lfr or D40lfr)

Annex: Flxible Metro B and E, New Flyer D40lfr, Orion V.

39
A2, A6, A7, A8, A42, A26, A48
A4, A5
A9
C11, C13
C12, C14
D12, D13, D14
H11, H12, H13
J11, J12, J13
K11, K12, K13
M5
M6
NH1
P17, P18, P19 (almost always a D40lfr)
W13, W14 (almost always a D40lfr)
W15

Arlington:
1A,B,E,F,Z
1C (split with FM)
2A-C,G (split with FM)
2T (split with FM)
2W
3A,B,E (split with FM)
3T
4A,B,E,H (split with FM)
All the 12's
15K,L (split with FM)
all the 20's
22A
all 24's
25A,C,D (split with FM)
25B (split with FM)
all 26's
28T

Royal:
8's (split with FM)
9A,E (split with FM)
10A,B,E (split with FM)
11Y
13's (split with FM)
17's (split with FM)
18E,F
18G,H,J,P,R,S (split with FM)
all 21's
28A,B (split with FM)
29K,N


However, this is missing some things, so here is an attempt at finishing some parts of it from the existing posts though I'm sure I have some errors:

Western:
31 37
32 36 (split with Bladensburg)
42 (split with Bladensburg)
60 62 64 66 68
98
D1 D3 D5 (split with Bladensburg)
D2
E2 E3 E4 (split with Bladensburg)
E6
N6 (weekends only, weekdays from Montgomery)

Northern
52 53 54
70 71
90 92 93
B6 B8
G2
H8 H9
K1 K2
S1 S2 S4

Four Mile Run (operates all Royal and Arlington service on weekends):
1A 1Z (from my observations)
3Y
4 line (might be split with Arlington)
5A
7 line
8 line
9 lline
13 line
15K 15L
16 line
17 line
18 line (split with Royal, might be fully FMR now)
22B
23A 23C
25 line
28F 28G
38B
P6 (split with Bladensburg)
N22


One question is on the 32 and 36, do any of those runs come from Annex or is it just Bladensburg and Western?


I highly doubt that Royal does the 9a but the 9e yeah
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: Tristan on December 11, 2008, 10:13:10 PM
There used to be one AM southbound 9A/ trip covered by Royal until 2004...went from Pentagon to King & Washington.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: orionvii2680 on December 11, 2008, 10:24:40 PM
Quote from: Tristan on December 11, 2008, 10:13:10 PM
There used to be one AM southbound 9A/ trip covered by Royal until 2004...went from Pentagon to King & Washington.

Ok wait...They would take a royal street bus all the way to pentagon and back to king and washington 1 time a day?

Seems a little dumb to me seeing that there is a division right there near pentagon and all.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on December 11, 2008, 10:32:28 PM
Quote from: Tristan on December 11, 2008, 10:13:10 PM
There used to be one AM southbound 9A/ trip covered by Royal until 2004...went from Pentagon to King & Washington.

Is that still the case (for whenever I actually finish this project)?
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: Perry on December 11, 2008, 10:39:36 PM
It could have been interlined with something else which is why it was blocked that way.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: Tristan on December 12, 2008, 01:33:00 AM
I think it was a revenue deadhead of the 9E - basically, when the last northbound 10E got to the Pentagon, it would turn to a 9A/ and go just about all the way to the garage instead of going to Del Ray and deadheading from there.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: Tristan on December 12, 2008, 01:55:05 AM
wmata employee, what are you trying to say/do?  I've already deleted one post where you quoted but didn't actually say anything, and you're doing it again.  Are you having technical problems or clicking by mistake?
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: orionvii2680 on December 12, 2008, 02:06:20 AM
Quote from: Tristan on December 12, 2008, 01:33:00 AM
I think it was a revenue deadhead of the 9E - basically, when the last northbound 10E got to the Pentagon, it would turn to a 9A/ and go just about all the way to the garage instead of going to Del Ray and deadheading from there.

Ok i get that.

But why drop the people off at King and Washington? (most people abord the 9A southbound are heading to Huntington Richmond Hwy etc)
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: Perry on December 12, 2008, 10:08:06 AM
Triatan explained that it was a move to make the deadhead shorter.  The frequency was probably increasing at that point anyway so this was a way to still have a trip operate in revenue service for part of the way and do a short deadhead rather than run too much frequency and then still have to deadhead all the way back up to Royal. 

Believe me, working in transit as several of us do, we look for every trick in the trade to minimize deadheads even if it looks funky on a schedule.  You do what you need to in order to make operations efficient.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: Tristan on December 12, 2008, 04:05:49 PM
Quote from: orionvii271 on December 12, 2008, 02:06:20 AM
Quote from: Tristan on December 12, 2008, 01:33:00 AM
I think it was a revenue deadhead of the 9E - basically, when the last northbound 10E got to the Pentagon, it would turn to a 9A/ and go just about all the way to the garage instead of going to Del Ray and deadheading from there.

Ok i get that.

But why drop the people off at King and Washington? (most people abord the 9A southbound are heading to Huntington Richmond Hwy etc)

You got a bus that's going that way, it takes like 3 minutes more to go to K&W and loop back to Royal, might as well serve someone.  The routing for the 9A is just about the exact routing a bus would take to Royal anyway - it would be mean-spirited not to pick people up. 

I should mention that this was until 2004, when the 9A ran to Fort Belvoir/Lorton; K&W was a wise turnaround point when the route was that long.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: wmata employee on December 12, 2008, 06:10:54 PM
first of all !!!!I was making changes to were some one created on here? NOW WHAT U TRYING TO SAY!!!! HMMMMM.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: Tristan on December 13, 2008, 01:53:06 AM
Um...okay...

The way to do that would have been to just point out what was wrong.  No one is going to read a huge quoted message because they'll think, if it's in a big purple box, that it's the same as what's already there.

THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED A QUOTE.

If you're going to make changes to something someone said, just say "this is not correct".

That's what I'm trying to say, and I hope that what YOU were trying to say is a joke because if you can't speak clearly and then get smart about it, we can start deleting memberships.
Title: Re: Routes by Garage
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on December 13, 2008, 03:26:03 PM
and yeah wmata employee, Tristan gave you a fair warning