DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: 79MetroExtraMD on July 05, 2009, 10:30:42 PM

Title: FY2010 Changes
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on July 05, 2009, 10:30:42 PM
Amid the fare changes, service changes, and Nextbus coming back, it seems another change has happened in VA. GEORGE, of course, isn't run by Metro anymore and has gone to the County, but I found out that the county picked another contractor to run both GEORGE and ART. So Veolia is out and Forsythe is in as the new contractor.

http://www.forsythetransportation.com/News.aspx?id=7
Title: Re: FY2010 Changes
Post by: Tristan on July 05, 2009, 11:53:38 PM
I was wondering what those Forsythe vehicles were in the ART House when I rode by.  To be clear, GEORGE is now being run by Arlington County via ART/Forsythe on behalf of the City of Falls Church. 

An aside: Arlington also operates Falls Church's fire department, so it isn't unprecedented.