DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: OrionFlyer on August 15, 2008, 10:53:25 PM

Title: Do Metro Extra buses (2801-2814) do other routes besides the 79?
Post by: OrionFlyer on August 15, 2008, 10:53:25 PM
Do Metro Extra buses (2801-2814) do other routes besides the 79?
Title: Re: Do Metro Extra buses (2801-2814) do other routes besides the 79?
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on August 15, 2008, 10:59:49 PM
Quote from: NGOrion on August 15, 2008, 10:53:25 PM
Do Metro Extra buses (2801-2814) do other routes besides the 79?

Nope. Strictly on the 79 for branding purposes. If I do see a MetroExtra bus on a regular route, I'd be damned sure to get pics and ride it. I have seen non-MetroExtra buses on there including a Flx Metro D 9771.
Title: Re: Do Metro Extra buses (2801-2814) do other routes besides the 79?
Post by: Perry on August 15, 2008, 11:58:04 PM
REX buses end up on various routes from time to time.  Not sure if it's as prevelent now as it was when I lived in DC, but when it first started you'd find non-REX buses on there and the ones wrapped for it on random routes like the 23A.

I'm sure MetroExtra buses have been on other routes.  In fact I thought someone mentioned it on one of the boards recently.