DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: WMATAGMOAGH on June 15, 2009, 11:43:56 AM

Title: NABI Hunting
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on June 15, 2009, 11:43:56 AM
Based on the observations posts, I know for a fact some of you are over in the Fort Totten/PG Plaza area much more frequently than I am.  Anyone want to try providing odds for catching a NABI on the R2 or R3 in the midday period?
Title: Re: NABI Hunting
Post by: LandoverDivision on June 15, 2009, 01:07:50 PM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on June 15, 2009, 11:43:56 AM
Based on the observations posts, I know for a fact some of you are over in the Fort Totten/PG Plaza area much more frequently than I am.  Anyone want to try providing odds for catching a NABI on the R2 or R3 in the midday period?

Hmm I'm not sure try at about 1 or 2 not 100% sure. You may see 1 or 2 of them at P.G Plaza. You'll see more during rush hour though. I remember seeing one on the R4, weird.
Title: Re: NABI Hunting
Post by: C40LF_2464 on June 15, 2009, 03:02:24 PM
If you stay at PG or FT for about 30 minutes theres a 95% chance i think that youy may see them. Im just always lucky. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BiilwgIvd8
Title: Re: NABI Hunting
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on June 16, 2009, 01:19:46 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on June 15, 2009, 01:07:50 PM
I remember seeing one on the R4, weird.

and just yesterday, I saw 3006 on the R4...weird

anyways, I don't know about midday (doubt it) but definitely try Ft Totten because the only Rs that go to PG Plaza is R2, R3, and R4, while at Ft Totten you get those plus R1 and R5 (no R4 but those are highly unlikely anyways)

If you ask me, I see them on the R1 and R2 most of the time, I don't remember seeing one on the R3 or R5.
Title: Re: NABI Hunting
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on June 16, 2009, 01:28:45 PM
R1 and R5 don't run midday so it doesn't matter where one waits in that case. 

We got our basic itinerary figured out, it allows us to hop on a NABI if one shows up at the point where we might intercept one, otherwise, we have countless other options.  Getting a NABI wasn't our highest goal, and it isn't like they are going to be retired tomorrow, so there isn't an extreme rush if it doesn't happen tomorrow.
Title: Re: NABI Hunting
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on June 17, 2009, 10:51:51 PM
A NABI showed up at PG Plaza going to Calverton about 10 minutes after I got there today.  As that was pulling out, I saw what appeared to be another NABI on the Fort Totten bound trip.  Got off at EW and 23rd to get the Fort Totten bus (since going to Calverton was going to make getting back to a central location more difficult than going to Fort Totten) and got a nice photo of the second NABI as it arrived at the stop, to be posted later.
Title: Re: NABI Hunting
Post by: LandoverDivision on June 18, 2009, 05:06:04 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on June 16, 2009, 01:19:46 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on June 15, 2009, 01:07:50 PM
I remember seeing one on the R4, weird.

and just yesterday, I saw 3006 on the R4...weird

A 30 foot on the R4 isn't odd. If you were at P.G everyday during rush hour, it's pretty common even though i's just that one 30 ft everytime.
Title: Re: NABI Hunting
Post by: ChristopherF on June 19, 2009, 06:53:36 AM
5402 on the 5A; I'm surprised that 5402 IS NOT a Bladensburg bus
Title: Re: NABI Hunting
Post by: Tristan on June 23, 2009, 07:42:01 PM
Why is that a surprise?  5401 and 5402 have been detailed to FMR for months.
Title: Re: NABI Hunting
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on June 23, 2009, 08:30:43 PM
Quote from: Tristan on June 23, 2009, 07:42:01 PM
Why is that a surprise?  5401 and 5402 have been detailed to FMR for months.

speaking of which, I saw 5402 today on the Shuttle service at Silver Spring...with an F block. I have a pic and I will post later, as well as more pics.

and because of this Red Line closure, it seems that Metro predicted an increase of ridership on the 79 and is now putting the new 5400s on the 79...so today, tomorrow, until the Red Line opens again, you may find these buses on the 79.