DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: BladensburgB2 on May 26, 2009, 10:10:59 PM

Title: Why the new DE42LFA's / DE62LFA's
Post by: BladensburgB2 on May 26, 2009, 10:10:59 PM
Hello all just wanted to know did any one know why there are not any new buses on the street in MD, I was wondering tha same thing but i was talking to a friend of mines that is a shop forman at Mongt Div an he said that the specs are different then DC's so MD might have to go bck and do a little work on them be for they can be cut loose on the street one thing he said was the rear wheel covers have to come off but far as anything else i am not sure but if anyone can add on please do
Title: Re: Why the new DE42LFA's / DE62LFA's
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on May 26, 2009, 10:46:42 PM
I also heard the buses had to be tuned for highway speeds along the Beltway. 50 is a bit slow for any kind of bus. That's what I heard so far as to why the MD garages don't have them in service as of yet.
Title: Re: Why the new DE42LFA's / DE62LFA's
Post by: Tristan on June 09, 2009, 12:44:27 PM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on May 26, 2009, 10:46:42 PM
I also heard the buses had to be tuned for highway speeds along the Beltway. 50 is a bit slow for any kind of bus. That's what I heard so far as to why the MD garages don't have them in service as of yet.

That makes some sense, even though not many bus routes operate on the highways, a lot of deadheads do.