DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: WMATAGMOAGH on April 28, 2009, 08:37:15 PM

Title: Guess the Location
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on April 28, 2009, 08:37:15 PM
Here is one for everyone to try.  I'll post the answer after 1 PM Thursday if no one gets it by then.
Title: Re: Guess the Location
Post by: Perry on April 28, 2009, 10:14:37 PM
Looks like somewhere along the Tidal Basin in Potomac Park?  The RT-1 starts at State Department so it was laying over there someplace.  I see they never returned to the Pentagon parking lot where we used to stage before the police kicked us out due to safety concerns.
Title: Re: Guess the Location
Post by: LandoverDivision on April 29, 2009, 09:55:05 AM
Yep it does look like it's somewhere near the Tidal Basin. You could kinda see the Cherry Blossoms.
Title: Re: Guess the Location
Post by: OrionFlyer on April 29, 2009, 10:07:05 AM
Tidal Basin.
Title: Re: Guess the Location
Post by: WMAveteran on April 30, 2009, 12:01:44 AM
Based on the presence of the nautical buoy, that body of water is not the Tidal Basin but the Potomac River.  Therefore I think the bus is either on Ohio Drive in West Potomac Park or on Hains Point in East Potomac Park.
Title: Re: Guess the Location
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on April 30, 2009, 06:33:34 PM
WMAveteran is the closest one.  The photo was taken on Ohio Drive in East Potomac Park (Hains Point) on the west side of the "peninsula."  I didn't notice the nautical buoy until WMAveteran pointed it out, but in my opinion, the body of water is too large to be the Tidal Basin, and the roads around the Tidal Basin are laid out so that a vehicle driving around the basin has to do so in a clockwise manner, which this bus isn't doing.

I went down there with relatives during Passover to see what was left of the cherry blossoms and I was actually surprised to see the PRTC bus there (and possibly one other, I wasn't paying attention to numbers) but Perry explained why they were there. 
Title: Re: Guess the Location
Post by: WMAveteran on May 01, 2009, 01:25:26 AM
Cool!  Thank you.  What do I win (lol)?