DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: C40LF_2464 on April 22, 2009, 03:00:05 PM

Title: Vice president Joe Biden visits Carmen E. Turner.
Post by: C40LF_2464 on April 22, 2009, 03:00:05 PM
I Cant believe it.

http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=2553
Title: Re: Vice president Joe Biden visits Carmen E. Turner.
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on April 22, 2009, 11:18:10 PM
I spot an MTA DE40LFR in the backdrop. How ironic.
Title: Re: Vice president Joe Biden visits Carmen E. Turner.
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on April 23, 2009, 12:14:53 AM
Not ironic at all.  Governor O'Malley was there too and there was something mentioned in the report I heard on WTOP about the event about MTA Maryland's goals with regards to using hybrids and other environmentally friendly buses.
Title: Re: Vice president Joe Biden visits Carmen E. Turner.
Post by: OrionFlyer on April 25, 2009, 12:40:31 PM
So besides the 203 new buses they'll have soon, they're going to order 150 more. I wonder who they're going to order from this time. Probably New Flyer.