DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: LandoverDivision on April 01, 2009, 01:53:32 PM

Title: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on April 01, 2009, 01:53:32 PM
Photos coming soon. I'll see if I can spot FFXs Orion VII NGs and the LFAs on the S9. And maybe a few from CET again. Spring Break is all out busfan week!! If anyone wants to go busfanning, hit meh up!
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on April 01, 2009, 09:14:46 PM
Here are some pictures for you. 6425 on the S9 "16th & Eastern" and 2817 in the Express scheme on the 79

(http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u357/NGOrion/6424_S9_600x800.jpg)

(http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u357/NGOrion/6424_S9_INTERIOR_600_800.jpg)

(http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u357/NGOrion/2817_EXPRESS_SCHEME_79_ROUTE_SIDE_V.jpg)

(http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u357/NGOrion/2817_EXPRESS_SCHEME_79_ROUTE_FRONT_.jpg)

(http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u357/NGOrion/2817_EXPRESS_SCHEME_79_ROUTE600x800.jpg)
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on April 01, 2009, 10:18:45 PM
Tight pics. The blue for the express seems like a shade darker than the blue for Metro Extra.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: WMAveteran on April 02, 2009, 02:13:16 AM
Excellent shots, thank you very much.  If I wasn't going out of town I would join you for a bus fan excursion.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on April 02, 2009, 08:39:34 AM
Thanks.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on April 02, 2009, 10:20:35 AM
I'm heading to Silver Spring today. Hopefully, I can spot these babies. I hate when I'm there and I don't see the buses in the new paint job.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on April 02, 2009, 11:23:13 AM
Remember to go to Colesville & East West Hwy.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on April 02, 2009, 03:24:47 PM
Man those are some hella nice pics. I should go there and check on these babies out.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on April 03, 2009, 11:48:29 AM
Those buses look nice.  I wish they kept the "Metro Extra" branding though for the S9.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on April 03, 2009, 01:04:06 PM
I don't think 2801 -2814 are going to be in that Metro Extra scheme for long. I mean WMATA added buses to the 79 (the C40lfrs painted in express scheme). I still think 2801-2814 are going to be repainted in the Express scheme eventually.

Are there any other limited-stop routes that Bladensburg does besides the 79?
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on April 03, 2009, 01:07:44 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on April 03, 2009, 01:04:06 PM
Are there any other limited-stop routes that Bladensburg does besides the 79?

83 doing rush hour. Maybe some Limited-Stop 30s.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Tristan on April 03, 2009, 01:14:08 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on April 03, 2009, 01:04:06 PM
I don't think 2801 -2814 are going to be in that Metro Extra scheme for long. I mean WMATA added buses to the 79 (the C40lfrs painted in express scheme). I still think 2801-2814 are going to be repainted in the Express scheme eventually.

Are there any other limited-stop routes that Bladensburg does besides the 79?

I agree, and it wouldn't be a huge loss or anything -- not like it was a great name to begin with.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on April 03, 2009, 01:16:27 PM
I didn't think the name was bad at all. It really didn't matter anyways. So are they going to rename the 79 MetroExpress?
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on April 03, 2009, 03:53:48 PM
My photos from yesterday (4/2/09). Here's the story behind the 2815 pics: I was standing near the 79 bus stop and looked over to my left and saw a C40LFR pull in. I couldn't see it well for a second since the S4 was in the way, so I backed up and noticed the C40LFR had silver in the front instead of blue. So I decided to wait until it pulls off to get a pic. It pulled off pretty fast that's why the first (which is actually the second photo of 2815) pic is blurry a bit. The second picture was taken after I was lucky enough to run up the street to see 2815 at a red light. My picture still didn't come out well. And man is that LFA AWESOME!!

(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301377.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301383.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301406.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301405.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301404.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301401.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301396.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301392.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301391.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301389.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301388.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301386.jpg)
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on April 03, 2009, 06:34:23 PM
Nice pics. I gotta wait for a good sunny day for the colors to pop. I got a pic that I had to get because of the way the sign came up. Try to guess what the sign could have said.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on April 03, 2009, 06:40:40 PM
Nice pics Brandon. Ima head up to Silver Spring when i get the chance. And Ken i think 4272 wouldve sayed S2 or 54 since it has a N block with a S.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on April 03, 2009, 07:13:33 PM
Quote from: Tristan on April 03, 2009, 01:14:08 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on April 03, 2009, 01:04:06 PM
I don't think 2801 -2814 are going to be in that Metro Extra scheme for long. I mean WMATA added buses to the 79 (the C40lfrs painted in express scheme). I still think 2801-2814 are going to be repainted in the Express scheme eventually.

Are there any other limited-stop routes that Bladensburg does besides the 79?

I agree, and it wouldn't be a huge loss or anything -- not like it was a great name to begin with.

I guess...but the thing with calling it an "express" is that there are other express routes out there...with express fares, where the "Extra" was a limited stop "BRT" service with frequent headways during the rush.  But oh well, the schemes do look nice.

Do these LFAs have the signal prioritization feature as well?
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on April 03, 2009, 07:16:27 PM
It's not so much signal priority but proximity. It only extends the green, doesn't initiate it like fire and EMS. I heard it is on Georgia Avenue, but only works at times. It's in the plans for 16th Street. As for the express, they do add the limited-stop "footnote" to the signs.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on April 08, 2009, 10:29:29 AM
Got my chance to ride a DE42LFA, 6425 to be exact. I think I timed it perfectly. I got to McPherson Square (Franklin Sq side) around 7:40. Snapped a few pics, then this baby pulls around the corner. I got pics and such. Front shot came out pretty good minus the minimal sun glare (semi-direct sunlight. Couldn't really do anything about it). Also got an interior shot. These feature an LED Stop Requested sign (which is pretty nice). One little caveat, the S9 hasn't been programmed into the Clever Devices as of yet.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on April 08, 2009, 11:37:16 AM
Dang i went to Silver Sping yesterday with Brandon and we only caught the last AM S9 (DE40LF).  >:(

But anyways here are some pics.

(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-07-09_1039.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-07-09_1038.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-07-09_1354.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-07-09_1014.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-07-09_0903.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-07-09_0906.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-07-09_0908.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-07-09_0909.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-07-09_0952.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-07-09_1013.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-05-09_1528.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-05-09_1522.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-04-09_1915.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-03-09_1623.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-03-09_1622.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-03-09_1548.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/03-30-09_1652.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/03-30-09_1721.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/03-30-09_1724.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/03-30-09_1814.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/03-27-09_1859.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/03-27-09_1926.jpg)

I know i need to work a liltle on taking my photos better.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on April 08, 2009, 11:45:03 AM
Nice pics 79MetroExtraMD and DE40lfr. Hey 79MetroExtraMD, can I use your pictures of the S9 for an article on Wikipedia?
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on April 08, 2009, 12:05:51 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on April 08, 2009, 11:45:03 AM
Nice pics 79MetroExtraMD and DE40lfr. Hey 79MetroExtraMD, can I use your pictures of the S9 for an article on Wikipedia?

Once I copyright them, you can. I just have to download the GIMP again. I'll send them to you later on today.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on April 08, 2009, 12:45:51 PM
Thanks.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on April 08, 2009, 03:49:32 PM
I don't want to be the one to complain or anything but Ken (nice photos by the way) is it possible you could shrink your pics a little? I have pictures of FFX's Orion VII NG. I have a few other pics. I would've posted them today, but I had to be stupid and leave my USB.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on April 08, 2009, 03:57:34 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on April 08, 2009, 03:49:32 PM
I don't want to be the one to complain or anything but Ken (nice photos by the way) is it possible you could shrink your pics a little? I have pictures of FFX's Orion VII NG. I have a few other pics. I would've posted them today, but I had to be stupid and leave my USB.

Glad to see I'm not the only one having trouble with those photo sizes...
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on April 08, 2009, 06:01:18 PM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on April 08, 2009, 03:57:34 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on April 08, 2009, 03:49:32 PM
I don't want to be the one to complain or anything but Ken (nice photos by the way) is it possible you could shrink your pics a little? I have pictures of FFX's Orion VII NG. I have a few other pics. I would've posted them today, but I had to be stupid and leave my USB.


Glad to see I'm not the only one having trouble with those photo sizes...

same...
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on April 09, 2009, 08:55:27 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on April 08, 2009, 03:49:32 PM
I don't want to be the one to complain or anything but Ken (nice photos by the way) is it possible you could shrink your pics a little? I have pictures of FFX's Orion VII NG. I have a few other pics. I would've posted them today, but I had to be stupid and leave my USB.

Where are those other pictures you have?
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on April 09, 2009, 10:41:55 PM
Things are not looking so well for 5753 today...these pictures below are nothing compared to actually seeing this bus smoking in person...everyone thought there was a fire or something...

well anyways...here's pics of poor 5753:

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Ride%20On/5753/5753a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Ride%20On/5753/5753b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Ride%20On/5753/5753c.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Ride%20On/5753/5753d.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Ride%20On/5753/5753e.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Ride%20On/5753/5753f.jpg)
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on April 10, 2009, 12:22:57 AM
...and some more from today (no time for VA unfortunately)
oh...and apparently there is more than one bus wrapped for the German photo contest thing...look for it below (its 4343)
funny thing...right behind 4343 was 4344...which was the first bus to be wrapped for Germany (though now it's back to its original colors)

Anyways...less talk more pics...enjoy!

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb9412b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb9336a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb5419a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb5419b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4343b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4300b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4084a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4066a.jpg) <--This one was on the Z11
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4048a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4048b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4028c.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb3911a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2815b.jpg) <--morning
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2815c.jpg) <---afternoon
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2394a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2394b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2106b.jpg)
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: ChristopherF on April 10, 2009, 07:31:33 AM
9412 remains @ Montgomery.

George, I mentioned in the April 2009 Observations thread that there are 2 buses wrapped in the "Zeitgeist is German" ad.  Thanks for showing us the photos of 4343 & 4350, respectively.  And I also noticed that 2394 - the 2nd New Flyer C40LF to be rehabbed - now has the Alcoa wheels.  And yes, the quality of the photos were good.  I cannot wait to see all of those photos on your GP Bus Gallery Website.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on April 10, 2009, 07:35:16 AM
Nice pics George. I havent seen those NABI BRT's in a long time. And 2394 looks fresh in her new clothes. I saw it yesterday doing the 83/86.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on April 10, 2009, 08:26:28 AM
I decided to head out to VA yesterday to see these sneaky Orion VII NG's, but i didnt see S***. not much photos though. Dam i hate this camera quality. The last 2 photos were even worse.

(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-08-09_1733.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-08-09_1702.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-08-09_1734.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-08-09_1735.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-08-09_1736.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-09-09_1518.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-08-09_1944.jpg)
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on April 10, 2009, 06:07:08 PM
Nice pics George. I got a pic of 2817 on the evening B776 block. Also, 4092 is at Northern.
Click on the filename to download the full size pic.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on April 10, 2009, 06:55:05 PM
thanks again Ken for those huge pics =P
and 4092 at Northern??? that's preposterous! (sp? lol)

btw how the hell did I forget to post the Ride-On pics...
(the first one is 5190...I also saw 5191 on the 4 (which is also in the Round Rockville wrap) but I have no pic of it)

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Ride%20On/5190a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Ride%20On/5738a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Ride%20On/5738c.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Ride%20On/5739a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Ride%20On/5745a.jpg)
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: WayneNYC on April 10, 2009, 09:52:31 PM
Some pics on Good Friday as it's a holiday at my job.

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00280.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00292.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00295-1.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00296.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00271.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00274.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00276.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00265.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00267.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00269.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00266.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00260-1.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00262.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00264.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00258.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00253.jpg)
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: WayneNYC on April 10, 2009, 09:56:50 PM


(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00284.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00285.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00254.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00251.jpg)

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/WayneJay/WMATA/DSC00255.jpg)
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on April 10, 2009, 10:05:14 PM
Sweet pics Wayne. The block numbers for the S9 seem whacky. The morning ones are like NS5x but from your pics, the evening ones look like NS9x. I got a hint that 6424 6425 was set up to say SILVER SPRNGS STA. There are like four different readings for this same destination floating out there. I would have thought they would have formatted the signs the same way with the 2800s for the 79 destinations.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: BladensburgB2 on April 10, 2009, 10:59:27 PM
Hey Everyone here are my pics I took today

hey guys give me some feed back on how they look i took them with my cell my blackberry

Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on April 10, 2009, 11:20:25 PM
Quote from: BladensburgB2 on April 10, 2009, 10:59:27 PM
Hey Everyone here are my pics I took today

hey guys give me some feed back on how they look i took them with my cell my blackberry



those pics are wayyyyy too small

and Wayne...nice pics...lots of them, all of them were awesome. Lol at the first pic...I never seen that before
Plus...what kind of signs are the 6400s using? Either way, WMATA has to realize it's Silver Spring not Silver Springs Station.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: ChristopherF on April 11, 2009, 07:19:41 AM
Ride On bus #5738 is missing the fleet number on the front.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on April 11, 2009, 08:04:48 AM
Quote from: WES on April 11, 2009, 12:58:04 AM
That was Wayne that took those pics, though I would like to take credit for that fine work, but it ain't me.

haha whoops, I always get Wes and Wayne mixed up XD
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on April 11, 2009, 09:18:15 AM
In Waynes first pic of 6001, I saw that bus acting up yesterday. Since the signs are regulary supposed to be like: F6 SILVERSTATION SPRING  (I tryed my best) the sign was like: SILVER then SPRING then STATION. But anyways Nice pics Wayne and Blade.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on April 11, 2009, 09:25:11 AM
Nice pics.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on April 11, 2009, 10:21:53 AM
Quote from: DE40LFR on April 11, 2009, 09:18:15 AM
In Waynes first pic of 6001, I saw that bus acting up yesterday. Since the signs are regulary supposed to be like: F6 SILVERSTATION SPRING  (I tryed my best) the sign was like: SILVER then SPRING then STATION. But anyways Nice pics Wayne and Blade.

Here's the 5 programmings for Silver Spring:

1. Silver Spring
____Station_______(default)

2. Silver (then) Spring (then) Station (seen on random buses)

3. Silvr Spgs (then) Station (seen on 9733 and 9773...though 9773 might be fixed, i dunno about 9733)

4. Silver Spring (then) Station (seen on the MetroExtra buses)

5. Silver Spgs
___-Station_______ (seen on the new 6400s on the S9)
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Perry on April 11, 2009, 06:00:00 PM
I love how Silver Spring always gets called Silver Springs.  The same thing happens with Giant Food.  I don't know how many people I would hear call it Giants.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: WMAveteran on April 13, 2009, 12:46:13 AM
Wayne: Nice pictures.  Thank you very much.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on April 13, 2009, 09:08:32 AM
Just wanted to share these with you guys.
(http://i43.tinypic.com/7083ue.jpg)
(http://i40.tinypic.com/2nw1wg5.jpg)
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on April 17, 2009, 09:59:28 PM
Ok got more pics from busfanning with Brandon and Theodore. (You can see Brandon in the 1st pic LOL)

(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-17-09_1625.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-17-09_1628.jpg)
___________________________________________________________
These are some failed pics i managed to get.
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-17-09_1519.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-17-09_1516.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-17-09_1457.jpg)
(http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u341/LIL_J_558/04-15-09_1640.jpg)

Yup and thats about it.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on April 18, 2009, 01:35:21 PM
Finally got some of the new DE42LFRs today...

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/mb6424a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/mb6424b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/mb6424c.jpg)

a back shot of 2665: (sorry for the bad quality...it almost left me so I took a quick one)

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/mb2665b.jpg)


and more of everything else...

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2062b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/mb3020b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/mb3026a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4223a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4225a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA2/mb6010a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb9391a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/dcc1138a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/dcc1138b.jpg)


Time for Fairfax Connector!

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Fairfax%20Connector/7775a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Fairfax%20Connector/7922a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Fairfax%20Connector/7922b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Fairfax%20Connector/9716a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Fairfax%20Connector/9718a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Fairfax%20Connector/9719a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Fairfax%20Connector/9744a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Fairfax%20Connector/9751b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Fairfax%20Connector/9784a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Fairfax%20Connector/9784b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Fairfax%20Connector/9790a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Fairfax%20Connector/9791a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/Fairfax%20Connector/9793a.jpg)
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on April 18, 2009, 03:23:13 PM
Those are some excellent shots. 2665 in the Express scheme, love it. I think it would have looked better if the black parts weren't added to the windows. Also, why is "NOT' in a green box on 6424?
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on April 18, 2009, 03:49:00 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on April 18, 2009, 03:23:13 PM
Those are some excellent shots. 2665 in the Express scheme, love it. I think it would have looked better if the black parts weren't added to the windows. Also, why is "NOT' in a green box on 6424?


thanks!

I've been wondering that too...I think it has to do with the sign or something...2801 has the same thing...with the route number being embedded in red and white...but when it says "Not In Service" the whole thing is orange...idk

but yeah...if i'm not mistaking, these 6400s are using the same signs as the MetroExtra 2800s, except with different programming (i.e. MetroExtra would say "Silver Spring" then "Station", 6400s would say "Silver Spgs Station" in 2 lines
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: MetroLinerXLZ on April 18, 2009, 08:26:29 PM
AHHH!!! WMATA's using MAN axles on the DE42LFA's!!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

(Pinches self to make sure that the MAN axles seen in the pics of #6424 are fake)
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on April 19, 2009, 05:41:34 PM
Will any of the FFC Orion VII NG's oporate on the 171?
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on April 20, 2009, 03:47:14 PM
Here are some pictures I got over the past 3-4 weeks.

(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301412.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301414.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301437.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301440.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301450.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301454.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301467.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301474.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301507.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301510.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301517.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301522.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301528.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301548.jpg)
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301552.jpg)

And an Inverse Photo.
(http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19/bjb91/S7301557.jpg)
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on April 20, 2009, 04:44:35 PM
2802 on the 36. Now I've seen everything.  Good catch man. Do you remember what street that is?
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on April 20, 2009, 04:52:24 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on April 20, 2009, 04:44:35 PM
2802 on the 36. Now I've seen everything.  Good catch man. Do you remember what street that is?

7th St. Right there by Archives. Me and Theodore (Orionvii271) were on the Circulator when we spotted this.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on April 20, 2009, 09:49:34 PM
I remember a long time ago I saw a MetroExtra bus on the D5 (I think it was 2805, it was autumn/winter so it was really dark by PM rush)
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on April 20, 2009, 10:21:49 PM
Here's something that I've been thinking about, WMATA recently increased service on the 79; adding additional buses (the C40lfrs painted in the Express scheme) to it. If they're going to keep the keep the 79 named as "Metro Extra", then why would those additional buses be painted in the Express scheme instead of the Metro Extra scheme? This is leading me to think that the name "Metro Extra" is not going to be around for long. Of course if one of the Metro Extra buses are repainted into the Express scheme then my suspicions would be true. 
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on April 21, 2009, 11:06:19 AM
Hey do you guys think I'll win the trip to Germany?
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on April 21, 2009, 11:44:54 AM
I just notcied something, what is a Landover bus doing on the 80?
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on April 21, 2009, 01:01:24 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on April 20, 2009, 10:21:49 PM
Here's something that I've been thinking about, WMATA recently increased service on the 79; adding additional buses (the C40lfrs painted in the Express scheme) to it. If they're going to keep the keep the 79 named as "Metro Extra", then why would those additional buses be painted in the Express scheme instead of the Metro Extra scheme? This is leading me to think that the name "Metro Extra" is not going to be around for long. Of course if one of the Metro Extra buses are repainted into the Express scheme then my suspicions would be true. 

The original 14 were for the original configuration for the route with a few extras. It was mainly intended as a rush hour route when it first debuted in 2007, but there was demand for it during midday. Now, the rush hour frequences went from every 10 to every 8 so I'm guessing a couple more buses were added. Plus, a couple of them seem to break down so you'll see other buses along the route. As for repainting the buses, at this time, that seems very unlikely and a little costly since those buses are mainly intended for the 79. I still say that no matter what the paint says, the sign is the most important part.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on April 21, 2009, 01:07:24 PM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on April 21, 2009, 01:01:24 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on April 20, 2009, 10:21:49 PM
Here's something that I've been thinking about, WMATA recently increased service on the 79; adding additional buses (the C40lfrs painted in the Express scheme) to it. If they're going to keep the keep the 79 named as "Metro Extra", then why would those additional buses be painted in the Express scheme instead of the Metro Extra scheme? This is leading me to think that the name "Metro Extra" is not going to be around for long. Of course if one of the Metro Extra buses are repainted into the Express scheme then my suspicions would be true. 

The original 14 were for the original configuration for the route with a few extras. It was mainly intended as a rush hour route when it first debuted in 2007, but there was demand for it during midday. Now, the rush hour frequences went from every 10 to every 8 so I'm guessing a couple more buses were added. Plus, a couple of them seem to break down so you'll see other buses along the route. As for repainting the buses, at this time, that seems very unlikely and a little costly since those buses are mainly intended for the 79. I still say that no matter what the paint says, the sign is the most important part.

In my opinion (key words "my opinion") I don't really think WMATA puts the words express and local on the scheme because these particular buses are going o show up on just local and express routes. What I'm thinking is WMATA does the schemes just to show them off or maybe they just want something different painted on the buses because well it's different.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on April 21, 2009, 01:11:45 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on April 21, 2009, 11:06:19 AM
Hey do you guys think I'll win the trip to Germany?

I'm pretty sure they just do a random drawing, and you can submit multiple entries.  Of course, the odds are dependent upon the number of entries received.  Not sure how good my chances were the first time around when they did the contest but I did win, so it is certainly possible.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on April 25, 2009, 07:23:11 PM
Explanations on the first couple photos:

Here we have 4103 at Silver Spring...nothing too special right? Well if it wasn't for that glare on the block number and the sign switching to display "LOCAL" when I took the picture...you would see that this bus was serving a short 70 trip to Petworth...damn Local sign...besides LOCAL, the sign says "70 Petworth".

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4103b.jpg)



And over here you see CUE bus 824...but where? None other than Constitution Ave on the left lane getting ready to turn on 7th Street...I go to this spot a lot, but never seen a CUE bus anywhere besides Fairfax.

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/CUE/824a.jpg)



4476: The Orange Line With A View!

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2600b.jpg)



And the rest...

(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4081b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4021a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4021b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2667a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2163b.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb2030a.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb4017c.jpg)
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: OrionFlyer on April 25, 2009, 10:56:14 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on April 25, 2009, 07:23:11 PM
Explanations on the first couple photos:

Here we have 4103 at Silver Spring...nothing too special right? Well if it wasn't for that glare on the block number and the sign switching to display "LOCAL" when I took the picture...you would see that this bus was serving a short 70 trip to Petworth...damn Local sign...besides LOCAL, the sign says "70 Petworth".

Did it have a Northern block or a Montgomery block?
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on April 25, 2009, 10:58:42 PM
Quote from: OrionFlyer on April 25, 2009, 10:56:14 PM
Quote from: NewFlyer97BCT on April 25, 2009, 07:23:11 PM
Explanations on the first couple photos:

Here we have 4103 at Silver Spring...nothing too special right? Well if it wasn't for that glare on the block number and the sign switching to display "LOCAL" when I took the picture...you would see that this bus was serving a short 70 trip to Petworth...damn Local sign...besides LOCAL, the sign says "70 Petworth".

Did it have a Northern block or a Montgomery block?

I don't know, that's also why I was pissed to find that glare blocking the block number.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: ChristopherF on April 27, 2009, 11:02:13 AM
2667 on the 23A (Crystal City)
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: LandoverDivision on April 27, 2009, 11:31:47 AM
Quote from: ChristopherF on April 27, 2009, 11:02:13 AM
2667 on the 23A (Crystal City)

No offense Chris, but must you note the obvious all the time when someone posts a photo?
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: Tritransit Area on April 28, 2009, 12:38:21 AM
That picture of 2667 is nice, though.

Hey, I had to do a double take with 2030 on the 1A (or an Orion VI for that matter).  Guess a nice batch of them went back to NoVA.

2030 was...a Landover bus, right?  Also, what is the block letter for West Ox depot?  I couldn't quite make out the letter.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on April 28, 2009, 06:43:45 AM
Pike Ride buses on other lines doesn't really count as odd sightings anymore since those buses get swapped around alot. Only exceptions are Bladensburg and REX. As for that 70 to Petworth, I'm pretty sure that was a Montgomery block. 4103 is a Montgomery bus. I've seen quite alot of cuts that were pulled from Montgomery runs.
Title: Re: April 2009 Observation Photos
Post by: C40LF_2464 on April 28, 2009, 08:39:30 AM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on April 28, 2009, 12:38:21 AM
That picture of 2667 is nice, though.

Hey, I had to do a double take with 2030 on the 1A (or an Orion VI for that matter).  Guess a nice batch of them went back to NoVA.

2030 was...a Landover bus, right?  Also, what is the block letter for West Ox depot?  I couldn't quite make out the letter.
The West Ox block is A.