DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: LandoverDivision on January 27, 2009, 01:33:47 PM

Title: F8 and P12 Service Evaluation Meetings
Post by: LandoverDivision on January 27, 2009, 01:33:47 PM
Metro is holding meetings to improve service for these two routes. Does anyone have any suggestions for incresed service for these bus routes?
Title: Re: F8 and P12 Service Evaluation Meetings
Post by: Tritransit Area on January 27, 2009, 02:58:19 PM
I'm not sure how to warrant this, but the F8 can use more service.  It's a surprise when an F8 pulls into Langly Park...I keep forgetting it runs there because I barely ever see it (I don't remember the last time I saw an F8, now that I think about it). 

Isn't it a rather long route as well?
Title: Re: F8 and P12 Service Evaluation Meetings
Post by: WES on January 27, 2009, 10:54:23 PM
I am not sure about the F8, the P12 rides and observations denote a huge need to increase this route, even during the midday.  I was at Southern Avenue when a P12, heading towards Addison Road came in, packed from front to back and though a lot of people got off the bus, it left packed from front to back, because the ones that came off were replaced with the same amount getting on.