DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: wmata employee on January 15, 2009, 12:38:59 PM

Title: METRO IS GETTING EVERYTHING READY
Post by: wmata employee on January 15, 2009, 12:38:59 PM
ATTENTION:If u see any old bus out that means they are getting out all the 93/9400's out of mothballs due to the upcoming events. Arlington and Royal will be open this weekend for prep. Greyhound has stored some of there prevost buses at one of metro's facilities for prep.
Title: Re: METRO IS GETTING EVERYTHING READY
Post by: LandoverDivision on January 15, 2009, 12:41:20 PM
Talk about awesome. Greyhound though? Maybe Dillion's should do the same.
Title: Re: METRO IS GETTING EVERYTHING READY
Post by: Tritransit Area on January 16, 2009, 03:00:22 PM
Wow....when did the 93/9400s become old?

I almost wish I could make it down there just to see these veterans in action.  Plus, I'd love to grab one decent photo of a Ride-On Flx, especially a final ride on those vehicles.
Title: Re: METRO IS GETTING EVERYTHING READY
Post by: WES on January 17, 2009, 10:44:35 PM
Yep, it's hard to believe that they are approaching 19 years old, if they made it to this upcoming August, which they won't.
Title: Re: METRO IS GETTING EVERYTHING READY
Post by: Tristan on January 26, 2009, 11:57:12 AM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on January 16, 2009, 03:00:22 PM
Wow....when did the 93/9400s become old?

I almost wish I could make it down there just to see these veterans in action.  Plus, I'd love to grab one decent photo of a Ride-On Flx, especially a final ride on those vehicles.

I think you might have missed the boat on the Ride On Flxes but there are people more qualified than me to confirm that.