DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: LandoverDivision on January 05, 2009, 01:36:56 PM

Title: WMATA to get NABI 40-BRTs and Orion VII NGs?
Post by: LandoverDivision on January 05, 2009, 01:36:56 PM
Ok based on the pictures in the 5 year procument, it looks like WMATA will be getting some 40-BRTs and Orion VII NGs in a year or 2 I think. Is this true?
Title: Re: WMATA to get NABI 40-BRTs and Orion VII NGs?
Post by: Antozilla on January 05, 2009, 03:16:32 PM
I hope not.
Title: Re: WMATA to get NABI 40-BRTs and Orion VII NGs?
Post by: C40LF_2464 on January 05, 2009, 08:29:58 PM
Why? It would be better if we got the NG's and put tem in landove cuz there not CNG
Title: Re: WMATA to get NABI 40-BRTs and Orion VII NGs?
Post by: Antozilla on January 05, 2009, 09:50:01 PM
The Orion VII is a very poorly designed bus.
Title: Re: WMATA to get NABI 40-BRTs and Orion VII NGs?
Post by: Tritransit Area on January 05, 2009, 09:57:01 PM
I've been reading that that NGs in New York are a big upgrade to the rest of the Orion VII fleet.  I really hope that is the case; I'd be interested in reading your views about the Fairfax Orion VII NGs when they come in.
Title: Re: WMATA to get NABI 40-BRTs and Orion VII NGs?
Post by: RailBus63 on January 06, 2009, 09:58:52 AM
Quote from: landoverdivision on January 05, 2009, 01:36:56 PM
Ok based on the pictures in the 5 year procument, it looks like WMATA will be getting some 40-BRTs and Orion VII NGs in a year or 2 I think. Is this true?

Do you have a link for this document?
Title: Re: WMATA to get NABI 40-BRTs and Orion VII NGs?
Post by: OrionFlyer on January 06, 2009, 10:56:48 AM
I know exactly what you read. But the final decision was NABI 60ft BRT CNGs and New Flyer 40ft and 60ft BRT Hybrids.
Title: Re: WMATA to get NABI 40-BRTs and Orion VII NGs?
Post by: C40LF_2464 on January 06, 2009, 03:04:46 PM
The document is right here http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/board_of_directors/board_docs/091307_IIIABus.pdf (http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/board_of_directors/board_docs/091307_IIIABus.pdf)

and I think the Orion VII CNG is a boot leg C40LF or DE40LF i never figured out the diffrence untill i saw the back of the bus
Title: Re: WMATA to get NABI 40-BRTs and Orion VII NGs?
Post by: Tritransit Area on January 06, 2009, 06:05:08 PM
Um, this document refers to what OrionFlyer said...the buses they are talking are the NABI 60-BRTs and New Flyer DE40LFAs that are being delivered/in operation right now.

The pictures just show some of the other options available in the market...the schemes are photoshopped.
Title: Re: WMATA to get NABI 40-BRTs and Orion VII NGs?
Post by: C40LF_2464 on January 09, 2009, 05:38:46 PM
I was thinking it was about the Orion VII NG and the NABI 40 BRT's