Hello All
Just wanted to ask do anyone were coach 9719 is ? Remember this is the bus that WMATA retrofited with the sliver pipe like the 5300's have. I have a picture but I have to find it an load it here to show everyone.
Quote from: BladensburgB2 on December 11, 2008, 07:19:08 PM
Hello All
Just wanted to ask do anyone were coach 9719 is ? Remember this is the bus that WMATA retrofited with the sliver pipe like the 5300's have. I have a picture but I have to find it an load it here to show everyone.
Landover Division.
Looking for a specific route will be hard though, since no buses are permanently assigned to a route.
Thanks for the info, i found the pic I have of that bus but I have to scan it, I wonder wat was that refit about ?
I believe they were testing the particulate traps that ended up on the Metro-Es to see if they could be added to Ds as well. Because of the configuration of the trap, it had to vent upwards instead of with a 90-degree curve (it's so tall that there's no room for a curve) to meet the standard exhaust pipes, so they had to add another pipe...and since WMATA has Neo pipes (the huge tube sticking out from the bus is actually just an exhaust tip), they just stuck one on.
Quote from: BladensburgB2 on December 11, 2008, 07:19:08 PM
Hello All
Just wanted to ask do anyone were coach 9719 is ? Remember this is the bus that WMATA retrofited with the sliver pipe like the 5300's have. I have a picture but I have to find it an load it here to show everyone.
BladensburgB2, if you hadn't noticed, my picture is 9719. ;D
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/gpbusgallery/WMATA/mb9719a.jpg)
I cannot believe it's been 3 years since I took this picture. This is 9719 back in Nov. 25 2005 at Montgomery Mall...back in the day when the lower 9700s were Montgomery buses.
Well thanks i do see your pic but my pic is 9719 @ sliver spring station