DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: Antozilla on December 04, 2008, 02:51:36 PM

Title: Silver Buses
Post by: Antozilla on December 04, 2008, 02:51:36 PM
What is the deal with these and why were they painted silver? 
Title: Re: Silver Buses
Post by: WES on December 04, 2008, 03:17:04 PM
If I remember correctly these were to be the first of more "silverbrids" to come, as the proposed 500 hybrids that were supposed to be ordered would have come in the silver instead of white paint scheme.  This was done before WMATA decided to change the overall paint scheme.

Now oddly enough was that the DE40LFs were in the standard white paint scheme, but the DE40LFRs are in the silver.  That might be due to the possibility that these are "futuristic" buses and the future of WMATA, no more "boxlike", ordinary buses.

I'm sure someone has a better explanation than what I have, I am going on what I remembered.
Title: Re: Silver Buses
Post by: Tristan on December 04, 2008, 04:50:40 PM
I always joked that New Flyer ran out of white but WMATA needed their buses!
Title: Re: Silver Buses
Post by: orionvii2680 on December 11, 2008, 01:46:29 PM
I'm not sure but they look ok in silver.