DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: WMAveteran on December 03, 2008, 09:13:15 PM

Title: Bus RapidTransit System in Montgomery County MD
Post by: WMAveteran on December 03, 2008, 09:13:15 PM
The Sierra Club is sponsoring a presentation on a bus rapid transit system for Montgomery County on Wednesday 12/10/2008 between 7:30pm and 9:00pm in the Council Office Building, 100 Maryland Avenue, 6th Floor Conference Room, Rockville MD. Montgomery County Councilmember Marc Elrich will describe his plan for a "100+ mile bus rapid transit network" for the County.  RSVP to Barbara Newland at bnewland@verizon.net or call 301-926-5922.
Title: Re: Bus RapidTransit System in Montgomery County MD
Post by: LandoverDivision on December 04, 2008, 09:49:03 AM
Quote from: WMAveteran on December 03, 2008, 09:13:15 PM
The Sierra Club is sponsoring a presentation on a bus rapid transit system for Montgomery County on Wednesday 12/10/2008 between 7:30pm and 9:00pm in the Council Office Building, 100 Maryland Avenue, 6th Floor Conference Room, Rockville MD. Montgomery County Councilmember Marc Elrich will describe his plan for a "100+ mile bus rapid transit network" for the County.  RSVP to Barbara Newland at bnewland@verizon.net or call 301-926-5922.

How about they do one in P.G County? -_-
Title: Re: Bus RapidTransit System in Montgomery County MD
Post by: Tritransit Area on December 04, 2008, 10:37:48 AM
I don't quite understand...  Are they planning for this to be a Ride On specific operation, or is this tying into the whole WMATA scheme of things?

I understand the meeting didn't go on yet, but is this going to cover the entire county, including the Silver Spring area?

As much as I like Ride On, I just don't think that it's designed to harness a BRT type of operation - it's a community bus service, and does a great job at that scope.  This is especially the case in the lower part of the county, where WMATA provides a lot of main line service.
Title: Re: Bus RapidTransit System in Montgomery County MD
Post by: WMAveteran on December 06, 2008, 12:37:05 AM
Quote from: Tritransit Area on December 04, 2008, 10:37:48 AM
I don't quite understand...  Are they planning for this to be a Ride On specific operation, or is this tying into the whole WMATA scheme of things?

I understand the meeting didn't go on yet, but is this going to cover the entire county, including the Silver Spring area?

As much as I like Ride On, I just don't think that it's designed to harness a BRT type of operation - it's a community bus service, and does a great job at that scope.  This is especially the case in the lower part of the county, where WMATA provides a lot of main line service.

I don't have the answers to your questions yet but I do intend to attend the presentation and I will report back.