This photo comes off of washingtonpost.com. Does anyone else know where it was taken?
(http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2008/11/04/PH2008110403488.jpg)
Answer to be posted Wednesday after 6 PM.
Are those tracks checkered? Why?
Shady Grove Station facing SB towards Rockville. That's the Indianola Dr bridge.
Quote from: landoverdivision on November 04, 2008, 10:58:54 PM
Are those tracks checkered? Why?
...Checkered? What does that mean?
Quote from: rideonrulez on November 05, 2008, 12:12:06 PM
Shady Grove Station facing SB towards Rockville. That's the Indianola Dr bridge.
yeah I was just thinking that
You know, black white black white. Like a checker board kinda. Or a chess board. Something like that.
I think you're seeing a combination of pixellation from excessive JPEG compression and the supports that hold the white cover up over the third rail, if that's the area you're referring to.
If you put it that way. Speaking of photos, how is the photo gallery coming along Tristan?
That looks like an orange line train, but I can't figure out the bridge crossing the tracks. It looks like an older area.
Could it be just south o Rockville -- with the bridge being the one just south of Veirs Mill Road
Chris got it, and bonus points for identifying the bridge (which I would have said was the Redland Road bridge, but I can see the shadow of the Redland Road bridge over the interlocking).
Quote from: landoverdivision on November 05, 2008, 03:55:07 PM
If you put it that way. Speaking of photos, how is the photo gallery coming along Tristan?
Life's in the way - didn't get home until 12 the last two days. Probably won't tonight either.
Damn. Well whenever the Photo Gallery is ready(don't want to rush you), I have plenty of photos waiting. I should get more today. Just let me know when it's ready. :D
Rush me, it's fine - this is one of my more immediate goals. A little push might help :-)
HAHA Ok. Speaking of that photo at the top, my computer made it looked "checkered", but once I got on a better working computer, now I see it's not "checkered". Can we do more of these "guess the photo" thingys?