Better late than never!
From yesterday
Ride On (the leading 5 is implied)
400 T2 @ Rockville Station
557 55 @ Mont. Coll. Rockville
568 100 @ GTC
575 100 @ Shady Grove Station
So as not to confuse people, can we all adopt the same standard of referring to Ride On, that is, using the standard 4-digit fleet number? Year prefixes are implied and not a part of the official fleet number, but the "5" is so. Please use it when you are posting Ride On so that we all know exactly what's going on.
Quote from: Tristan on November 02, 2008, 06:47:17 PM
So as not to confuse people, can we all adopt the same standard of referring to Ride On, that is, using the standard 4-digit fleet number? Year prefixes are implied and not a part of the official fleet number, but the "5" is so. Please use it when you are posting Ride On so that we all know exactly what's going on.
Good suggestion, I like the idea.
Today
Ride On (the leading 5 is implied)
546 @ Silver Spring
727, 728 @ Silver Spring
730 15 @ Silver Spring
Okay, completely ignore my request, that's fine too...
RIDE ON:
075762 on the 10 (Twinbrook)
065754 on the 10 (Hillandale)
METROBUS:
6110 on the NH1
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 36 (Friendship Heights)
2078 on the K6, remains unrehabbed
Quote from: ChristopherF on November 03, 2008, 11:35:56 AM
RIDE ON:
075762 on the 10 (Twinbrook)
065754 on the 10 (Hillandale)
METROBUS:
6110 on the NH1
6139 on the NH1
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 36 (Friendship Heights)
2078 on the K6, remains unrehabbed
Why is 6139 and 4020 always on the NH1?
4025 on the 32 today at Wisconsin & Nebraska.
I meant to say my observations for today:
Metrobus
5408
5410
5411
5412
5413
5415 All of them on the U8
Also 2409 on the 97
23XX (Forgot the number) on the U8
3905 on the A12 (Still don't get this)
2157 (Chevron Ad) on the 97
4394 on the V12
9730 on the F12
The Bus
63167 on the 18
63140 on the 18
63160 on the 23
63142 on the 20
63087 on the 20
Metrobus
9411 Y8 @ Silver Spring
5311 ML (Metro Local) 70 @ Georgia Avenue-Petworth
9305 X8 @ Union Station
Ride On
5-546 @ Silver Spring
5-727 @ Silver Spring
5-729 @ Silver Spring
5-730 @ Silver Spring
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 04, 2008, 12:37:07 AM
Metrobus
9411 Y8 @ Silver Spring
5311 ML (Metro Local) 70 @ Georgia Avenue-Petworth
9305 X8 @ Union Station
Ride On
5-546 @ Silver Spring
5-727 @ Silver Spring
5-729 @ Silver Spring
5-730 @ Silver Spring
wow so u finally saw 5311...i guess that's what u were calling me for yesterday (left my phone at a friend's house, where no one was home)
Yesterday I saw 9411 but it was on the Y9.
Today
Ride On
5546 @ Silver Spring
5362 15 @ Silver Spring
Also, yesterday I spotted 6002 on the F6 with route set as 3938. I have a pic that I'll post soon.
I saw that on Philadelphia Ave on Halloween.
As promised
(http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/649/102b4481jz8.th.jpg) (http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=102b4481jz8.jpg)(http://img133.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif) (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)
79MetroExtra, I saw that bus a lot in the past two to three weeks. Same bus said it on the F4 and V14 or V15 I think.
Hmm. The one I saw was a D40LFR with a PGCC Ad. Weird. I didn't expect a DE40LF to say that.
My kinda unsual sightings for today:
26XX on the 16Y (McPherson Square)
2600 on the 38B (Farragut Square and Ballston Station)
2607-NGV Wrap on the 38B Ballston Station
2604 on the 38B Ballston Station
2711 on the 5A (Dulles Airport)
2702 on the 5A (L'Enfant Plaza Station)
4361 on the 3B (West Falls Church Sta)
4385 on the 3A (Annadale)
6132 on the P17 (Farragut Suare)
6113 on the P17 (Farragut Square)
2090 on the N2 (Farragut Square)
9834 on the N4 (Friendship Heights)
40XX on the 39 (Potomac Park)
2167 (Chevron Ad)
4343 (Mini Ad)
I spotted a lot more buses than this, but that's all i'm going to name.
Quote from: landoverdivision on November 04, 2008, 12:56:38 PM
My kinda unsual sightings for today:
26XX on the 16Y (McPherson Square)
2600 on the 38B (Farragut Square and Ballston Station)
2607-NGV Wrap on the 38B Ballston Station
2604 on the 38B Ballston Station
2711 on the 5A (Dulles Airport)
2702 on the 5A (L'Enfant Plaza Station)
4361 on the 3B (West Falls Church Sta)
4385 on the 3A (Annadale)
6132 on the P17 (Farragut Suare)
6113 on the P17 (Farragut Square)
2090 on the N2 (Farragut Square)
9834 on the N4 (Friendship Heights)
40XX on the 39 (Potomac Park)
2167 (Chevron Ad)
4343 (Mini Ad)
I spotted a lot more buses than this, but that's all i'm going to name.
How are they "kinda unusual"? They seem very much the norm.
True. The 2621 thing is kinda unusual. Anyways, is this unusual:
4012 on the 32 going to Potomac Park?
21XX on the 36 to Foggy Bottom Station? (Even though that might be normal)
I didn't know FMR operated the 30s.
5545 on Ride On 12 at Silver Spring
5757 on Ride On 5 (rare to see a newer Gillig on there)
4096 on the J4
Quote from: landoverdivision on November 04, 2008, 05:22:39 PM
True. The 2621 thing is kinda unusual. Anyways, is this unusual:
4012 on the 32 going to Potomac Park?
21XX on the 36 to Foggy Bottom Station? (Even though that might be normal)
I didn't know FMR operated the 30s.
Nothing unusual about any of that. Some even 30s runs come from Annex, and a few do come out of FMR. It has been posted here since the restructuring took place.
Metro needs to get its operators to use consistent signs on these routes though. The 31, 32/, 36/, and 39 should all sign POTOMAC PARK, they all terminate in the same place.
From what I observed on the map, the 33, 36 shouldn't stop at Potmac Park. Wow I did not know FMR did the 30s. For Annex, it's normal to operate the 30s along with Western. But anywho, they say you learn something new everyday. =D
Quote from: landoverdivision on November 04, 2008, 06:39:45 PM
From what I observed on the map, the 33, 36 shouldn't stop at Potmac Park. Wow I did not know FMR did the 30s. For Annex, it's normal to operate the 30s along with Western. But anywho, they say you learn something new everyday. =D
I have to disagree there. The 32 and 36 have short trips to Potomac Park, which is the destination for State Department.
Well now I know. See ever since that reconstruction happened, every thing just messed up and I got confused. Oh well I just learned something new :D
Quote from: landoverdivision on November 04, 2008, 06:39:45 PM
From what I observed on the map, the 33, 36 shouldn't stop at Potmac Park. Wow I did not know FMR did the 30s. For Annex, it's normal to operate the 30s along with Western. But anywho, they say you learn something new everyday. =D
Take a look at the map on the timetable.
Man, I need more studying on the 30s.
Isn't the 31 the route that goes to Potomac Park?
Anyways Landover, I noticed you mentioned 2167 was seen in the Chevron wrap, do you know what division operates that bus? (and does anyone know where 2166 is as well?)
And what did you say about 2621?
Quote from: George on November 04, 2008, 09:54:31 PM
Isn't the 31 the route that goes to Potomac Park?
Anyways Landover, I noticed you mentioned 2167 was seen in the Chevron wrap, do you know what division operates that bus? (and does anyone know where 2166 is as well?)
And what did you say about 2621?
The 31, 32/, 36/, and 39 all have the same terminal in Potomac Park (aside from some being on one side of the street and the others are on the opposite side)
2621 was on the 38B
Sorry it wasn't 2167 it was 2162 I think.
I looked at the schedule and now I know. =D
Quote from: landoverdivision on November 04, 2008, 10:55:49 PM
2621 was on the 38B
Sorry it wasn't 2167 it was 2162 I think.
o i see...
yeah occasionally u will see non-38B buses on the 38B, though I never seen a PikeRide bus on the 38B before (IIRC 2621 is a PikeRide bus)
I'm not sure 2621 is a Pike bus...I could be wrong but I'm not sure. I know the Pikes go into the 2660s and seem to be fairly consecutive, so I can't see there being 40 of them.
38B blocks are not isolated in terms of vehicle assignments, so there are several trips a day that operate with non-38B buses (which is part of why the original NextBus test failed), and several 38B buses that operate trips on other routes.
Quote from: George on November 04, 2008, 09:54:31 PM
Isn't the 31 the route that goes to Potomac Park?
Anyways Landover, I noticed you mentioned 2167 was seen in the Chevron wrap, do you know what division operates that bus? (and does anyone know where 2166 is as well?)
And what did you say about 2621?
2100-2165 Northern
2166-2231 Western
Yep 2621 is a PikeRide bus. And I saw it on the 38B at Rosslyn Station.
Today's sightings
Ride On
5727 20 @ Piney Branch/Flower
and it's already spewing black smoke
5730 16 @ Langley Park
5413 @ Silver Spring
This bus has some nice bass to it. I love messed up mufflers.
Quote from: landoverdivision on November 06, 2008, 09:52:52 AM
Yep 2621 is a PikeRide bus. And I saw it on the 38B at Rosslyn Station.
Must've skipped on the numbering :o
Just like Gang Green I guess - 2501 to 25..15 and then...2631/7? Frankly and honestly, I don't pay THAT much attention to Orion VIIs, so excuse me if my numbers are fuzzy.
No 2500 series are PikeRide buses. BTW, WMATA's Orion VIIs are awesome unlike other transit agencies' Orion VIIs.
They sure are. I just wish MTA Maryland gets Orions. Hey, maybe it will happen with future hybrids.
True. Does Baltimore have any CNG buses, or not (due to the Hybrid ruling)?
RIDE ON:
025592 on the 10 (Hillandale)
935546 on the 20 (Silver Spring), last remaining 1993 Orion V still in operation
025593 on the 10 (Twinbrook)
METROBUS:
9312 remains @ Landover.
9366 remains @ Landover.
9764 remains @ Montgomery.
9767 remains @ Montgomery.
4215 on the R2 (Ft Totten)
2078 on the Z8, remains unrehabbed
2096 on the C2, remains unrehabbed
2099 on the K6, remains unrehabbed
2305 on the 83 (Cherry Hill) & later on the 86 (Calverton)
2300 on the R2 (Calverton)
NOTES:
Don't be surprised if you see PikeRide buses on the 38B or buses with 38B banners on other routes or vice versa, because this happens every once in a while. Earlier this year, I saw 2671 (with the 9S banner) on the 28A. It's not uncommon to see a 2500-series or a 2700-series bus on the 38B.
I dunno about "awesome". You're entitled to your opinion but try riding them EVERY DAY and tell me how awesome they are. They really represent the decline of Orion, IMO.
Quote from: Tristan on November 06, 2008, 10:35:29 AM
Quote from: landoverdivision on November 06, 2008, 09:52:52 AM
Yep 2621 is a PikeRide bus. And I saw it on the 38B at Rosslyn Station.
Must've skipped on the numbering :o
Just like Gang Green I guess - 2501 to 25..15 and then...2631/7? Frankly and honestly, I don't pay THAT much attention to Orion VIIs, so excuse me if my numbers are fuzzy.
Gang Green is 2501-2523, 2636, and 2637.
Pike Ride is 2620, 2621, 2638-2668
BTW...saw 5904 on the 55 this morning between GTC and Montgomery College Germantown, I bet it overcrowded just like almost any other 35-footer on the 55.
Here's a shock when you think a THE BUS route doesn't get overcrowded, well yesterday saw 8033 doing the 18, with a standing load none-the-less.
21X gets crowded all the time during rush hour.
That was the only THE BUS route that got crowded. The 21 used to be that way, but it isn't anymore. The 33 also gets pretty decent ridership, along with the 16 during rush hour. I think the 18 could be rerouted to get even more ridership, but that's just me. If THE BUS ever down the road decides to run on Saturdays, then the 18, 21, 33 and maybe the 16.
Seen on ART 5279 on Election Night...
Observations for today:
2544 at Pentagon Station
2570 on the 4A (Rosslyn Station)
2590 (NGV Wrap)
2604 on the 38B
2613 on the 10A (Pentagon)
2636 ("Go Green on Metro" Wrap) on the 7A (Lincolnia)
26XX (PikeRide with an NGV wrap)?
2660 on the 22B (Shirley Park)
2702 on the 5A (Dulles Airport)
2708 on the 9A (Huntington Station)
2718 on the 38B (Farragut Square)
2729 on the 22A (Ballston Station)
3030 on the 3B (East Falls Church Station)
2007 on the C29 (Bowie State University)
6044 on the F14 (New Carrollton)
6178 on the P12 (Addison Road Station)
Hello folks.....
Just came back from the D.C. area on Nov. 1st, and been busy since. Anywho these are my observations from that trip (between Oct. 28 to Nov. 1st). Even though I was in D.C. thru the last week of October, I ended my trip on Nov. 1st, and as such, I've posted my observations here.
Please note that I have audio recordings available for each bus (as I did a very audio-intensive trip) except for the ones with the * symbol ,and my observations are of those buses I've seen and ridden. Also, these are not necessarily listed in any order.
And now:
GRTC Transit System
#708/Route 73
#313/Route 1
#230/Route 1 (once back in Richmond)
#710/Route 73 (to get back home)
Eastern Shuttle #1112 (to and from Richmond)
ART
#5279/Route 53 (and caught WMATA #4063 right after)
DASH
#69/Route AT8
#55/Route AT3 (from the Pentagon, recording got lost)*
#69/Route AT4 (to the Pentagon, recording got lost)*
#45/Route AT4 (into Old Town, recording got lost)*
Fairfax Connector
#7815/Route 950*
#7904/RIBS 3*
The Bus
#63021/Route 25 (damn near got lost afterwards)
#63106/Route 18 (got angry cuz I had to run for it)
Ride On
#5400/Route T2 (on Saturday)
#5419/Route 49
#5523/Route 76
#5537/Route 76
#5601/Route 34
#5726/Route Z2 (on Saturday)
#5762/Route 9
#5814/Route 57
#5821/Route 57
#5830/Route 46
#5835/Route 100
#5906/Route 61
#5909/Route 58
#5916/Route 100
#5917/Route 63
#5918/Route 61
#5935/Route 48
#5940/Route 61
#5949/Route 61
#5957/Route 43
#5997/Route 76
WMATA
#5407 and #5410/Route U8
#9312/Route F8
#2309/Route R3
#2453/Route R3
#9827/Route C7
#9817/Route C4
#9727/Route R12
#6202/The Q
#2094/The Q
#5207/The Y
#2156/Route 70
#2806/Route 79
#2819/Route X2 (at night)
#4063/Route 2
#4076/Route 2
#4054/Route 22A
#9808/Route Z2
#4100/The Q
#9770/Route J2
#9767/The Q
#4098/Route Z6
#9351/Route J2
#6031/Route Z6 (someone else recorded this exact same bus; he sat right across from me on the other side. WHO?! I don't know...)
#9409/The Y
#4084/Route 24P
#2678/REX
#9411/The Y
#6158/The Q
#6206/Route C2
#2452/Route U8
#9419/Route C8 (and it was a nice ride to College Park)
#2048/Route 32
#4046/Route M5
#2156, #5311, 5312, and #5314/Route 70 (all ridden within 2 hours)
There's a lot more riding I did, but I can't recall most of them at this moment. I guess that's all for right now.
And you didn't contact me -_- Did you get any videos?
Quote from: landoverdivision on November 08, 2008, 09:51:14 PM
And you didn't contact me -_- Did you get any videos?
Couldn't get in touch....with ANYONE....
This trip made me realize two things....
1. Ntelos is a bulls--- cell phone service
2. I coulda, woulda, and shoulda brought my camera this time around. Instead I brought myself, my tape recorder, my cash I set aside for the trip, and a half-dozen of Dunkin Donuts. Cuz when I'm on the go, yeah, my fat self thinkin' about Dunkin mutha ------ Donuts!!! (Lol...)
Quote from: MetroLinerXLZ on November 08, 2008, 09:43:01 PM
#9419/Route C8 (and it was a nice ride to College Park)
What's a 9419?
WMATA Metro-B... (is that what you're asking?)
Quote from: Tristan on November 09, 2008, 01:30:26 AM
WMATA Metro-B... (is that what you're asking?)
nope...it only goes up to 9413...I guess he meant 9409?
RIDE ON:
975409 on the 41 (Aspen Hill)
995705 remains @ Gaithersburg.
995708 remains @ Gaithersburg.
025592 on the 5 (Silver Spring) & later on the 20 (Hillandale)
METROBUS:
4349 on the E2
2078 on the J2, remains unrehabbed
2096 on the Z2, remains unrehabbed
2099 on the K6, remains unrehabbed
2443 on the R4 (Brookland Station)
2313 on the 80 (Kennedy Center)
2306 on the 80 (Ft Totten)
I guess
Quote from: George on November 09, 2008, 10:35:26 AM
Quote from: Tristan on November 09, 2008, 01:30:26 AM
WMATA Metro-B... (is that what you're asking?)
nope...it only goes up to 9413...I guess he meant 9409?
I guess I need to brush up on my WMATA rosters!
Can someone tell me which division 9384 comes out of?
I seen 3902 on the F8
2011 on the F13
6159 on the F12
9735 on the 84
4391 on the A12
4221 on the W4
Quote from: landoverdivision on November 10, 2008, 08:58:02 PM
Can someone tell me which division 9384 comes out of?
I seen 3902 on the F8
4221 on the W4
1. When I last saw 9384 (and I mean a WHILE ago), it was a Montgomery bus...today...who the f*** knows...Bladensburg maybe?
2. It's "I
saw 3902 on the F8" - lolz sorry I had to do that =P
3. I KNEW IT! It was 4220-4223 who moved to Annex!
Quote from: George on November 10, 2008, 11:12:33 PM
Quote from: landoverdivision on November 10, 2008, 08:58:02 PM
Can someone tell me which division 9384 comes out of?
I seen 3902 on the F8
4221 on the W4
1. When I last saw 9384 (and I mean a WHILE ago), it was a Montgomery bus...today...who the f*** knows...Bladensburg maybe?
2. It's "I saw 3902 on the F8" - lolz sorry I had to do that =P
3. I KNEW IT! It was 4220-4223 who moved to Annex!
1. It was on the T18. I have never seen 9384 here before until yesterday.
2. Excuse my improper english Mr. George sir!
3. Yeah. The 42 teens are at Bladensburg right?
I'm pleased I can actually contribute to the observations!
First, I must say that this trip to the area is the first one I took in a long time (if ever) without touching Montgomery County at all!
1) This was interesting. An out of service train pulled into L'Enfant Plaza in the direction of Greenbelt, then stopped right past the station. The flashing lights for the interlocking signal came on, and the train switched tracks and headed in the direction of Virginia. This was right in front of my Yellow Line train. Later, the train apparently was back tracking into the pocket track at National Airport (since the interlocking was rearranged). Wonder what that was about.
2) I spotted PG THE BUS's 63129 without a destination sign...at all. Fortunately the Chimp had a nicely printed sign available (probably from a retired ODV.
3) Apparently Fairfax Connector has been rehabbing their Orion Vs. I saw quite a few, including a 30fter, in the new paint scheme. I had the pleasure of riding 7771 on the 950 to Reston Town Center...which is the long way to get there from the Metro... There are newly reupholstered seats (in the old brown frame) that are soft and fabric covered.
4) In Old Town, I noticed that the "DASH About" buses are still around and wrapped. I'm not sure if that PTO operation is still in effect. This wonderful Gillig was on "LUNCH LOOP" duty.
5) Apparently Sherry Wilson & Co. run a shuttle to West Falls Church Station, using a Champion CTS with an LED sign. What a sight!
6) WMATA could reconsider it's 6 car policy for Veteran's Day. Getting onto the already full Red Line train at Metro Center was a challenge. It brought me back to the days of rush hour in NY, where you just squeeze your way onto the trains and make sure you lean in enough so the doors can close. :-\ I never rode Metrorail that packed before...I guess ridership's growing!
7) The flags looked great on all buses that had them.
8) I didn't realize 9489 was still running around in it's old scheme.
Sorry if these observations were repeats, but they sure were new to me!
Quote6) WMATA could reconsider it's 6 car policy for Veteran's Day. Getting onto the already full Red Line train at Metro Center was a challenge. It brought me back to the days of rush hour in NY, where you just squeeze your way onto the trains and make sure you lean in enough so the doors can close. (http://forums.dctransit.info/Smileys/default/undecided.gif) I never rode Metrorail that packed before...I guess ridership's growing!
This comes up on this or other boards every single year. Metrorail ridership on Veterans Day, Columbus Day, MLK Day, and Presidents Day is about half of that of a normal weekday, so they run about half as much service. Yes, it means that the trains are a bit "crowded" during what would otherwise be rush hour, but fares only entitle you to service, not to a seat. Just because the train was "crowded" does not mean they need more service. Ridership on these federal holidays has increased in recent years, and they ran full service on the holidays for a year which was silly in my opinion, but there simply are not enough riders to justify full rail service on those 4 days.
On the other hand, I do think it makes sense to run the suburban buses systems on a weekday schedule since those jurisdictions tend to not be closed on these days. But with OPM and DCPS both closed on those days, running full service on Metrorail is overkill in my experience.
DASH About no longer really exists - that was replaced with the King Street Trolley, run by Gray Line until our new facility is done. Gray Line owns the vehicles - we'll most likely be getting Gillig Advantage trolleys (I know they're ugly, but they're much better than any other trolley-on-crack product sold today). The wrapped buses only do service on Lunch Loop, charters, and one of our school runs (we do 3 shuttle trips for St. Mary's - 1 AM, 2 PM).
RIDE ON:
995412 on the 10 (Twinbrook)
995421 on the 10 (Hillandale)
METROBUS:
4208 on the 83 (Rhode Island Avenue Station)
2096 on the K6, remains unrehabbed
2412 on the R2 (Calverton)
2380 on the R2 (Calverton)
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on November 12, 2008, 01:15:55 AM
Quote6) WMATA could reconsider it's 6 car policy for Veteran's Day. Getting onto the already full Red Line train at Metro Center was a challenge. It brought me back to the days of rush hour in NY, where you just squeeze your way onto the trains and make sure you lean in enough so the doors can close. (http://forums.dctransit.info/Smileys/default/undecided.gif) I never rode Metrorail that packed before...I guess ridership's growing!
This comes up on this or other boards every single year. Metrorail ridership on Veterans Day, Columbus Day, MLK Day, and Presidents Day is about half of that of a normal weekday, so they run about half as much service. Yes, it means that the trains are a bit "crowded" during what would otherwise be rush hour, but fares only entitle you to service, not to a seat. Just because the train was "crowded" does not mean they need more service. Ridership on these federal holidays has increased in recent years, and they ran full service on the holidays for a year which was silly in my opinion, but there simply are not enough riders to justify full rail service on those 4 days.
On the other hand, I do think it makes sense to run the suburban buses systems on a weekday schedule since those jurisdictions tend to not be closed on these days. But with OPM and DCPS both closed on those days, running full service on Metrorail is overkill in my experience.
You have a good point about running full service on the trains, but they could have run reduced service with longer trains. There's a difference between crowded, standing room only trains and literally not being able to fit everyone that's on platform into the train, which ended up being the case last night (I only made it on board because I wouldn't take no for an answer...and this was the 1st or 2nd car, which is usually emptier). Otherwise, service seemed to be frequent enough I guess.
They might need an 8 car train at the peak of the peak. Still not sure if running them is justified. You sure there wasn't some type of delay going on?
RIDE ON:
965380 on the 10 (Hillandale)
995411 on the 1 (Friendship Heights)
METROBUS:
9322 on the 83 (Cherry Hill)
9771 remains @ Montgomery.
9773 remains @ Montgomery.
9781 remains @ Northern.
9783 remains @ Northern.
4310 remains @ Northern.
2056 on the S2 with an "N" block, remains unrehabbed
2111 on the H8 & is no longer wrapped in the MINI ad
6140-6178: LANDOVER
6179-6217: MONTGOMERY
2411 on the 86 (Calverton)
2304 on the R2 (Calverton)
Quote from: ChristopherF on November 13, 2008, 11:37:47 AM
RIDE ON:
965380 on the 10 (Hillandale)
995411 on the 1 (Friendship Heights)
METROBUS:
9322 on the 83 (Cherry Hill)
9771 remains @ Montgomery.
9773 remains @ Montgomery.
9781 remains @ Northern.
9783 remains @ Northern.
4310 remains @ Northern.
2056 on the S2 with an "N" block, remains unrehabbed
2111 on the H8 & is no longer wrapped in the MINI ad
6140-6178: LANDOVER
6179-6217: MONTGOMERY
2411 on the 86 (Calverton)
2304 on the R2 (Calverton)
BTW, Bladensburg has 9376 (which is btw the cleanest Metro-B I have ever seen. =D
Quote from: landoverdivision on November 13, 2008, 11:53:06 AM
Quote from: ChristopherF on November 13, 2008, 11:37:47 AM
RIDE ON:
965380 on the 10 (Hillandale)
995411 on the 1 (Friendship Heights)
METROBUS:
9322 on the 83 (Cherry Hill)
9771 remains @ Montgomery.
9773 remains @ Montgomery.
9781 remains @ Northern.
9783 remains @ Northern.
4310 remains @ Northern.
2056 on the S2 with an "N" block, remains unrehabbed
2111 on the H8 & is no longer wrapped in the MINI ad
6140-6178: LANDOVER
6179-6217: MONTGOMERY
2411 on the 86 (Calverton)
2304 on the R2 (Calverton)
BTW, Bladensburg has 9376 (which is btw the cleanest Metro-B I have ever seen. =D
I have a picture of 9375 also looking fresh and new, also a Bladensburg bus.
Metrobus
4398 F6/ @ College Park
Ride On
5729 AD TEST @ Silver Spring
5730 15 @ Silver Spring
572x 14 @ Piney Branch/University
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 13, 2008, 12:37:30 PM
Metrobus
4398 F6/ @ College Park
Ride On
5729 AD TEST @ Silver Spring
5730 15 @ Silver Spring
572x 14 @ Piney Branch/University
4398 on the F6? Odd. Isn't 4398 a Montgomery bus?
Anyways here are my sightings as of yesterday:
Metrobus5311 on the 70 (Finally saw this bus)
5220, 5306, 5308, 5312, and 5315 on the 70
6035 on the J2
4098
5203 on the Y8
2009 on the F6
2801, 2807, 28XX, 28XX, 2814 all on the 79.
9835 on the Z11
4231 on the Z8
4326 on the Q2
9408
9411 on the J1
9345 on the F8
9312 on the F8
9744 on the A12
9761 on the S4
2154 on the S4
The Bus8033 (Orion V) on the 18 to Langley Park
Shuttle UMI never knew Shuttle UM had CL960s. I have a picture of it.
Ride On5726 on the 15
965385 on the 4 I think.
I forgot the rest but yeah...
Quote from: ChristopherF on November 13, 2008, 11:37:47 AM
RIDE ON:
965380 on the 10 (Hillandale)
995411 on the 1 (Friendship Heights)
METROBUS:
9322 on the 83 (Cherry Hill)
9771 remains @ Montgomery.
9773 remains @ Montgomery.
9781 remains @ Northern.
9783 remains @ Northern.
4310 remains @ Northern.
2056 on the S2 with an "N" block, remains unrehabbed
2111 on the H8 & is no longer wrapped in the MINI ad
6140-6178: LANDOVER
6179-6217: MONTGOMERY
2411 on the 86 (Calverton)
2304 on the R2 (Calverton)
Isn't 2056 a Western bus?
Yeah, why is an Orion VI on a Northern route with an N block? Are they still testing low floor buses?
RIDE ON:
975409 on the 34 (Friendship Heights)
995410 on the 34 (Wheaton)
995411 on the 10 (Hillandale)
METROBUS:
9303 on the 28A (King St Sta)
9326 on the 3T
9347 on the 28B (Tysons Corner)
9405 remains @ Montgomery.
9409 remains @ Montgomery.
9411 remains @ Montgomery.
9764 remains @ Montgomery.
4311 on the J2 (Montgomery Mall)
4310 remains @ Northern.
4331 on the 31 (Friendship Heights)
4330 remains @ Montgomery.
4351 -- back to a Royal bus -- on the 28A (King Street Station)
4399 remains @ Montgomery.
2078 on the L8, remains unrehabbed
2111 on the H8 & is no longer wrapped in the MINI ad
2552 on the 23A (Crystal City)
2563 on the 3B (Falls Church Sta)
Quote from: NGOrion on November 14, 2008, 05:59:51 PM
Yeah, why is an Orion VI on a Northern route with an N block? Are they still testing low floor buses?
This isn't as uncommon as you'd think. Probably a loaner from Montgomery or Western, take your pick.
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 13, 2008, 12:37:30 PM
Metrobus
4398 F6/ @ College Park
Ride On
5729 AD TEST @ Silver Spring
5730 15 @ Silver Spring
572x 14 @ Piney Branch/University
What does AD TEST mean?
PRTC OMNIRIDE:
316 on the Gainesville/Linton Hall Road route
NOTES:
There are still some WMATA Orion VI buses that HAVE NOT been rehabbed. At last checked, 2018, 2056, 2078, 2082, 2093, 2096 & 2099 have not yet been rehabbed. I haven't seen 2008, 2012, 2068, 2069, 2076 & 2092 in recent weeks, if not months.
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on November 12, 2008, 02:35:25 PM
They might need an 8 car train at the peak of the peak. Still not sure if running them is justified. You sure there wasn't some type of delay going on?
I don't think there was a delay, but I had just gotten off an Orange line train, making the transfer to the Red to go back to Union Station. The train came within a few minutes, which I dont think is unusual. But there were a lot of people waiting.
There were standees on the Red Line train going the other direction as well, although surely not packed.
Quote from: ChristopherF on November 15, 2008, 08:26:29 AM
PRTC OMNIRIDE:
316 on the Gainesville/Linton Hall Road route
NOTES:
There are still some WMATA Orion VI buses that HAVE NOT been rehabbed. At last checked, 2018, 2056, 2078, 2082, 2093, 2096 & 2099 have not yet been rehabbed. I haven't seen 2008, 2012, 2068, 2069, 2076 & 2092 in recent weeks, if not months.
Do the ones that aren't rehabbed still have the Flip LeDOT signs, or was that another program much like with the Orion Vs?
Quote from: Tritransit Area on November 15, 2008, 01:23:43 PM
Do the ones that aren't rehabbed still have the Flip LeDOT signs, or was that another program much like with the Orion Vs?
Thats what I've been wondering.
All buses in WMATA's fleet except for the IIs and the Metro-Bs have LED signs; signs were replaced independent of the rehab projects.
Guess where 6301 is parked as of now...........At Arlington. It is parked outside of Arlington Division next to the Shell Station, across from Ballston Mall. The thing is practically parked posing for a pic opportunity.
For those geniuses you can either take a pic from across the street or wait till the thing is in service, but don't be an idiot and try and go into Arlington to get a pic.
Quote from: WES on November 15, 2008, 11:03:57 PM
Guess where 6301 is parked as of now...........At Arlington. It is parked outside of Arlington Division next to the Shell Station, across from Ballston Mall. The thing is practically parked posing for a pic opportunity.
For those geniuses you can either take a pic from across the street or wait till the thing is in service, but don't be an idiot and try and go into Arlington to get a pic.
How ironic. A new bus at a garage that won't get squat anymore since it's closing.
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 16, 2008, 12:37:41 AM
Quote from: WES on November 15, 2008, 11:03:57 PM
Guess where 6301 is parked as of now...........At Arlington. It is parked outside of Arlington Division next to the Shell Station, across from Ballston Mall. The thing is practically parked posing for a pic opportunity.
For those geniuses you can either take a pic from across the street or wait till the thing is in service, but don't be an idiot and try and go into Arlington to get a pic.
How ironic. A new bus at a garage that won't get squat anymore since it's closing.
Arlington once had squat? Outside of the Thomases for GEORGE, when was the last time they got a new bus of any sort?
When the Orion VI first came out, one was parked at that garage too. It's an interesting little garage. It used to be made up primarily of 9600 and 4200 series Orions, 9400 series Flxible 35 footers. Now it seems like it has a little bit of everything. The lot in the back used to be the most interesting part because it had all sorts of random buses that would come to visit to be worked on.
Other than the 35 footers, it was pretty boring riding Arlington buses in the late 90's.
Forgot to post this, Spotted a Fairfax Connector Orion VII Next Generation 30ft with frameless windows numbered in the high 9700's at the South County garage.
Quote from: rideonrulez on November 17, 2008, 02:12:35 PM
Forgot to post this, Spotted a Fairfax Connector Orion VII Next Generation 30ft with frameless windows numbered in the high 9700's at the South County garage.
I really hope WMATA and MTA gets those in future orders.
I don't think WMATA will even talk to Orion after the VII order.
You might think they look good, but from the problems both Ride On & WMATA had with their last orders, I think they will be just that -- LAST ORDERS.
We even had some bad QC issues with our last Orion Vs, which I'm pretty sure are the last Orions we'll be getting. We tested a VII and our Maintenance Director wasn't impressed.
And yes, I know all new buses have issues, but compare the Orion VIIs to the C/D40LFRs and one wins hands down. Hint: it's not a constellation. Hint #2: they came out so well that WMATA ordered hundreds more of them.
So, don't hold your breath.
Quote from: rideonrulez on November 17, 2008, 02:12:35 PM
Forgot to post this, Spotted a Fairfax Connector Orion VII Next Generation 30ft with frameless windows numbered in the high 9700's at the South County garage.
I might know this but I still don't understand why in the heck would you start to number a bus in the 9700s when your last bus you order years ago was numbered in the 7900s.
And though I also get numbering buses one after another, but with more Flyers coming why number these right after the Flyers and then get some more Flyers numbered after the Orion VIIs.
This is where Fairfax EARNS its name DIS-connector.
Quote from: Tristan on November 17, 2008, 05:26:03 PM
I don't think WMATA will even talk to Orion after the VII order.
You might think they look good, but from the problems both Ride On & WMATA had with their last orders, I think they will be just that -- LAST ORDERS.
We even had some bad QC issues with our last Orion Vs, which I'm pretty sure are the last Orions we'll be getting. We tested a VII and our Maintenance Director wasn't impressed.
And yes, I know all new buses have issues, but compare the Orion VIIs to the C/D40LFRs and one wins hands down. Hint: it's not a constellation. Hint #2: they came out so well that WMATA ordered hundreds more of them.
So, don't hold your breath.
And you wonder why NYC still orders them.
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 18, 2008, 09:02:49 AM
Quote from: Tristan on November 17, 2008, 05:26:03 PM
I don't think WMATA will even talk to Orion after the VII order.
You might think they look good, but from the problems both Ride On & WMATA had with their last orders, I think they will be just that -- LAST ORDERS.
We even had some bad QC issues with our last Orion Vs, which I'm pretty sure are the last Orions we'll be getting. We tested a VII and our Maintenance Director wasn't impressed.
And yes, I know all new buses have issues, but compare the Orion VIIs to the C/D40LFRs and one wins hands down. Hint: it's not a constellation. Hint #2: they came out so well that WMATA ordered hundreds more of them.
So, don't hold your breath.
And you wonder why NYC still orders them.
There isn't much wondering involved. Orion creates many jobs in New York State, so even after the Buy Orion program formally ended, the MTA still wants to support the company within its own state.
5543 on the 100 southbound this morning
...and the Orion VIIs (both WMATA and Ride-On) seem fine to me...
Quote from: George on November 18, 2008, 12:21:40 PM
5543 on the 100 southbound this morning
...and the Orion VIIs (both WMATA and Ride-On) seem fine to me...
They seem fine to me too.
METROBUS:
6110 on the A2
6139 on the K12
4020 on the C12
4349 on the 36 (Friendship Heights)
4215 on the 83 (Cherry Hill)
4379 on the 28A (King Street Station)
2076 on the C8 (College Park Station), freshly rehabbed
2096 on the C4, remains unrehabbed
2620 on the 23A (Crystal City)
2626 on the 28B (Tysons Corner) with an "F" block?
2420 on the R2 (Calverton)
2320 on the R2 (Calverton)
Quote from: George on November 18, 2008, 12:21:40 PM
5543 on the 100 southbound this morning
...and the Orion VIIs (both WMATA and Ride-On) seem fine to me...
Try riding them every day. You can't live in Baltimore and come ride them once or twice and say they seem fine.
While I admit that many of the problems have largely been resolved, Orion still delivered 250 pieces of crap.
Quote from: NGOrion on November 18, 2008, 12:57:27 PM
Quote from: ChristopherF on November 18, 2008, 12:36:22 PM
METROBUS:
6110 on the A2
6139 on the K12
4020 on the C12
4349 on the 36 (Friendship Heights)
4215 on the 83 (Cherry Hill)
4379 on the 28A (King Street Station)
2076 on the C8 (College Park Station), freshly rehabbed
2096 on the C4, remains unrehabbed
2620 on the 23A (Crystal City)
2626 on the 28B (Tysons Corner) with an "F" block?
2420 on the R2 (Calverton)
2320 on the R2 (Calverton)
Whats so unusual about 2626 on the 28B? The 28A,B is done by Four Mile Run too.
Says who?
What do you mean, "Says Who"? Last time I checked Royal and FMR does this line.
I saw an Orion VII on the 28A last time I was at West Falls Chruch Station. It was going to King St Station.
What day was it, and where did you check? That's what I mean "says who"
Let's see.
-If he saw the C8, it had to be either a weekday or Saturday.
-Usually the 4200s come out on the 83 line on weekdays and
-4378 was on the 28A.
So, it had to be a weekday.
Quote from: Tristan on November 18, 2008, 03:06:26 PM
What day was it, and where did you check? That's what I mean "says who"
It was on a Friday sometime after 4:00PM. I was coming from Tysons. I rode the 3T to W Church Station. When I got there thats when I saw it. I just assumed that FMR helps out Royal with this line during Rush Hour but hey I could be wrong. I rode an Orion V on the 28B to Tysons.
Wait a minute doesn't FMR do this route on weekends?
Last I checked, 2626 was a Bladensburg bus. Now consider that, plus the fact that it was on a Royal route on the weekday (with the F block...I think I did see some Orion VIIs on the 28A/B during the weekdays before, but I guess he's acknowledging the fact that 2626 is (or was) a Bladensburg bus.)
Oh and a little random fact: The P6 is the only route that goes into all 4 quarters of DC (NW, NE, SW, SE), I may be wrong but the P6 is the only route I can think of in that aspect.
Yes, FMR does all VA routes on weekends, which is why I asked. I think FMR does some 28B Bailey's Crossroads shorts, but I've not actually seen FMR cover any 28 trips on the regular.
Ken, I was asking NGOrion what day HE saw the Orion VII, not Chris.
http://www.dctransit.info/forums/transit-today/just-when-you-think-that-duh-bus-couldn%27t-shock-and-awe-anymore/
5506 on the 79 this afternoon at Shady Grove. Destination: "Germantown - Dorsey Mill"
...does the 79 actually go to Dorsey Mill or is the sign on 5506 just out of date?
Speaking of 79
2822 on the 79 at Georgia/Florida tonight. This is the second time this week I've seen a regular 2800 on the 79.
Also, from the other night, I saw a 2800 (Tylenol edition) with 79 MINNESOTA AVENUE STATION going northbound at GA Ave-Petworth.
Quote from: George on November 20, 2008, 11:10:09 PM
5506 on the 79 this afternoon at Shady Grove. Destination: "Germantown - Dorsey Mill"
...does the 79 actually go to Dorsey Mill or is the sign on 5506 just out of date?
Sounds like an out of date sign since the current terminal is at Milestone.
There's still a few buses that display 47 GROSVENOR - PARKSIDE instead of Bethesda. Old sign codes still programmed into the signs, even on the new ones.
Disturbing sight tonight (Thursday). 2176 deadheading along Rockville Pike. It looks like the bus had just finished a T2 trip. I hope this is a loaner.
4399 on Nebraksa doing a rush hour deadhead from the L2 over to the N2.
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 20, 2008, 11:38:57 PM
Also, from the other night, I saw a 2800 (Tylenol edition) with 79 MINNESOTA AVENUE STATION going northbound at GA Ave-Petworth.
lol, Tylenol Edition?
Also, yeah, even new Ride-On buses are still stuck with the old 47 destination code. I believe even 5726 has it, as well as 5763 and 5418 (I think 5713 might have been fixed, but that won't matter soon since it will move to Gaithersburg)
Quote4399 on Nebraksa doing a rush hour deadhead from the L2 over to the N2.
That seems like a strange route to take...
RIDE ON:
075756 on the 10 (Hillandale)
995411 on the 5 (Twinbrook) & later on the 10 (Hillandale)
METROBUS:
6139 on the K12
4020 on the P17
4364 on the 10A (Hunting Towers)
9312 remains @ Landover.
4399 remains @ Montgomery.
2096 on the K6, remains unrehabbed
2596 on the 23A (Tysons Corner Westpark)
UPDATE: What appeared to be 2626 was sighted on the 28B (Tysons Corner) with an "F" block last Saturday, 11/15.
6152 on the 84 (New Carrollton Station)
(NOTE: 6152 had "3838" on its route destination sign.)
2825 on the 86 (Calverton)
2337 on the R2 (Calverton)
2427 on the 86 (Calverton & then to Rhode Island Avenue Station)
2338 on the R4 (Brookland Station)
2411 on the 80 (Kennedy Center)
Quote from: ChristopherF on November 21, 2008, 12:15:33 PM
RIDE ON:
075756 on the 10 (Hillandale)
995411 on the 5 (Twinbrook) & later on the 10 (Hillandale)
METROBUS:
6139 on the K12
4020 on the P17
4364 on the 10A (Hunting Towers)
9312 remains @ Landover.
4399 remains @ Montgomery.
2096 on the K6, remains unrehabbed
2596 on the 23A (Tysons Corner Westpark)
UPDATE: What appeared to be 2626 was sighted on the 28B (Tysons Corner) with an "F" block last Saturday, 11/15.
6152 on the 84 (New Carrollton Station)
(NOTE: 6152 had "3838" on its route destination sign.)
2825 on the 86 (Calverton)
2337 on the R2 (Calverton)
2427 on the 86 (Calverton & then to Rhode Island Avenue Station)
2338 on the R4 (Brookland Station)
2411 on the 80 (Kennedy Center)
6139 on the K12? Odd...
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on November 21, 2008, 11:17:15 AM
Quote4399 on Nebraksa doing a rush hour deadhead from the L2 over to the N2.
That seems like a strange route to take...
Oren,
I agree that it would definitely be out of the way, but I was actually guessing on this one. I've been seeing NIS buses operating W/B on Nebraska during the PM rush hour for years as this is a route I drove home from work when i lived in Silver Spring. The buses would (usually a Metro-B) turn onto W/B Nebraska from S/B Connecticut Ave, so I was thinking that the bus had finished a N/B L trip, and was heading over toward Tenlytown Station. Maybe you'll know what those buses are actually doing?
southern does not operate the K12 coach 6139 is program in the log on files as of this past week:
M- W4/P19/32
T-NH-1/C12/C14
W- A2/W13/94
TH-92/P18/M5
TODAY- 39 TRIPPER AM PULLED IN AT 9:21AM
Quote from: WayneNYC on November 21, 2008, 12:50:57 PM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on November 21, 2008, 11:17:15 AM
Quote4399 on Nebraksa doing a rush hour deadhead from the L2 over to the N2.
That seems like a strange route to take...
Oren,
I agree that it would definitely be out of the way, but I was actually guessing on this one. I've been seeing NIS buses operating W/B on Nebraska during the PM rush hour for years as this is a route I drove home from work when i lived in Silver Spring. The buses would (usually a Metro-B) turn onto W/B Nebraska from S/B Connecticut Ave, so I was thinking that the bus had finished a N/B L trip, and was heading over toward Tenlytown Station. Maybe you'll know what those buses are actually doing?
What time is this happening? My only thought is that they are deadheading to do service on the Wilson High or Deal JHS routes, but those aren't Western (or Montgomery) runs as far as I know. You could also be seeing the two M4/ trips that operate to Pinehurst on schooldays only and then deadhead to become something else (perhaps the N8, since service increases on that route right about that time for PM rush).
On a totally different subject, why does WMATA feel compelled to have the timetables for routes such as the M4 and U8 in a "loop" format where the loop starts at the midpoint of the route? I find it confusing since you wind up with many "short" trips that make it hard to read the timetable. Loops with a more logical start, such as the N8 schedule which starts at Van Ness, are OK in my opinion, but having the M4 "start" at Tenleytown is messy.
Quote from: wmata employee on November 21, 2008, 02:13:34 PM
southern does not operate the K12 coach 6139 is program in the log on files as of this past week:
M- W4/P19/32
T-NH-1/C12/C14
W- A2/W13/94
TH-92/P18/M5
TODAY- 39 TRIPPER AM PULLED IN AT 9:21AM
If ChristopherF saw 6139 on the K12 route then Annex must operate it.
Why wouldn't Annex do the K12? It runs in that area of the Annex division. That's the closest division to that line.
The K12 operates between Suitland Sta. and Branch Ave Sta.. Annex is closest to those stations. It makes sense for Annex to operate the K11, K12, K13 lines. especially the K11.
Also I'm still inclined to believe that Annex does the F14 because of my personal experience (New Flyers with "P" blocks on this line) and Brandon's You Tube video of 4031 with a P block on the F14. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGxpLMJSVMg)
look im not going to argue with no one on here annex does not operate any k routes if u see a bus from a division on another division route that means its borrowed. the f14 is all landover, the k11,k12,k13 is out of landover . any other question please feel free to ask me im a bus supervisor out of the dc street occ
well, it usually tends to happen when a division serves a route in which that route is closer to another division. Examples are the T2 and L8...Montgomery serves those routes, but they terminate at Friendship Heights just a few blocks from Western Division. (although Western does some L8 runs during Rush Hour).
The same goes with the K line southeast of DC...I do remember seeing a Landover bus (I think it was 2020) on the K12 a while ago, and that surprised me, but that's just how it is.
Quote from: wmata employee on November 21, 2008, 05:12:23 PM
any other question please feel free to ask me im a bus supervisor out of the dc street occ
Alright here's my question: If a bus is being borrowed from another division shouldn't it have its borrower's block? Like if Landover borrowed an Annex bus shouldn't its block begin with an "L" instead of a "P"?
But like I said before I've seen blocks that begin with "P" on the Landover routes I talked about before. So how does this whole bus borrowing thing work? If they are being borrowed shouldn't the block begin with an "L" instead of a "P"? Do you see what I'm saying here? That's what I don't get.
I've seen some F14s with "P" at the beginning of the block not "L".
sometimes the operator for get to change the division letter
Quote from: wmata employee on November 21, 2008, 08:32:26 PM
sometimes the operator for get to change the division letter
I see alot of strange blocks at times. I saw a C2 with MG02 which I think was supposed to be MC02.
Quote from: NGOrion on November 21, 2008, 04:00:31 PM
Quote from: wmata employee on November 21, 2008, 02:13:34 PM
southern does not operate the K12 coach 6139 is program in the log on files as of this past week:
M- W4/P19/32
T-NH-1/C12/C14
W- A2/W13/94
TH-92/P18/M5
TODAY- 39 TRIPPER AM PULLED IN AT 9:21AM
If ChristopherF saw 6139 on the K12 route then Annex must operate it.
Why wouldn't Annex do the K12? It runs in that area of the Annex division. That's the closest division to that line.
The K12 operates between Suitland Sta. and Branch Ave Sta.. Annex is closest to those stations. It makes sense for Annex to operate the K11, K12, K13 lines. especially the K11.
Also I'm still inclined to believe that Annex does the F14 because of my personal experience (New Flyers with "P" blocks on this line) and Brandon's You Tube video of 4031 with a P block on the F14. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGxpLMJSVMg)
All I can say is WTF. Dude serious and to put this bluntly the K12 IS RUN BY LANDOVER, Landover has ran this route since Landover opened in the late 80s. If someone saw 6139 on the K12 then it means that IT IS A BORROWED BUS. Do you know how many other division buses I have seen on Landover routes, more than you can imagine. I wish people would shut up about seeing a bus from one division on another division's route and assume that that division is running that route.
Divisions get bus shortages, buses break down and if at all possible, any T/A will take any bus that is close by to cover that route till another bus from the division that the bus broke down from can be available to cover it. The last thing a T/A wants to do, to avoid 30 passengers from calling to complain about a missing bus,is to get a bus to cover that run whether it is from that division, or another division.
READ AND UNDERSTAND ONCE AND FOR ALL
NOONE ELSE DOES LANDOVER RUNS AND LANDOVER DOESN'T RUN ANY OTHER DIVISION'S RUNS. LANDOVER OPERATES THESE RUNS-A11,12, B20s, B30s, C20s, F1,2,4,6,8,12,13,14, H11,12,13, J11,12, K12,13, P12, R12, T16,17,18, V12,14.
I might have misse a few or added some I shouldn't have but get the point, Landover is a operated by a different union that is the reason why. I hate usiing caps on stuff that should be understood, but apparently after all of the explaining we have done it still doesn't sink in.
Does everyone understand?
^^^
All I can say what is WTF? I know which routes Landover does and I know that divisions loan buses to other divisions. IT WAS A BLOCK MISUNDERSTANDING!!! It was the blocks that I didn't understand, okay?!!
When it comes to the blocks how does that work out? Like if for some reason Bladensburg had to do a run on the 92, what will the block be?
I think the block numbers depend on what run it is. I don't think anyone that is not with WMATA could actually say what the block number would be.
Here in Las Vegas we start from the first run and for example if it's the first trip on the Route 106, the block number is 10601, but that bus is also running around at 1PM just as much as it was at 4AM with the same block number, so from a passenger perspective if they knew our numbering they could see that it's the first run of the day but that's about it.
Quote from: NGOrion on November 22, 2008, 08:27:18 AM
^^^
All I can say what is WTF? I know which routes Landover does and I know that divisions loan buses to other divisions. IT WAS A BLOCK MISUNDERSTANDING!!! It was the blocks that I didn't understand, okay?!!
When it comes to the blocks how does that work out? Like if for some reason Bladensburg had to do a run on the 92, what will the block be?
Alright folks, neutral corners.
NGOrion, when we're talking about bus borrowing - if Bladensburg borrowed a Northern bus, it gets a Bladensburg block because it's doing a Bladensburg run, despite the fact that the bus itself is from Northern.
Similarly, if a driver and a bus are borrowed from Northern extra board to do a Bladensburg run, it's the same thing - if it's a Bladensburg run, it's a Bladensburg run, regardless of where the driver and bus come from.
Thanks Tristan. Makes sense now.
Today's sightings
Ride On
5578 61 @ Shady Grove
5997 55 @ Shady Grove
(I'm surprised I saw this bus out today)
5148 43 @ Shady Grove
I didn't know Nicholson ran the 43 on weekends.
Also, does anybody know anything about Montrose & 355 becoming an interchange?
Quote5148 43 @ Shady Grove
I didn't know Nicholson ran the 43 on weekends.
It always has.
QuoteAlso, does anybody know anything about Montrose & 355 becoming an interchange?
It is part of the Montrose Parkway project. Dr. Gridlock has mentioned it on his blog a few times in the past few weeks.
Quote from: NGOrion on November 22, 2008, 08:27:18 AM
^^^
All I can say what is WTF? I know which routes Landover does and I know that divisions loan buses to other divisions. IT WAS A BLOCK MISUNDERSTANDING!!! It was the blocks that I didn't understand, okay?!!
When it comes to the blocks how does that work out? Like if for some reason Bladensburg had to do a run on the 92, what will the block be?
It wasn't just you who are assuming things, it was others, and the thing that ticks me off is that we assume without knowing it is true or not. I don't work for WMATA and unless I get my info from someone else who is in the know that I can trust( and there are a few that I do), I won't say if something is true unless that it is. I am also one that doesn't go off the handle unless it has gotten to a point that it irritates me that I have to say something, I try to be reserve myself and let some of this stuff go, but when it gets to a point where I am so ticked that I have to say something, I will.
So unless we see a pattern or get our info from a reputable source let's not assume.
Ranting is not good for my health, I am getting up there in years ;D
RIDE ON:
955370 on the 20 (Hillandale)
965391 on the 34 (Wheaton)
METROBUS:
6107 on the W4
4020 on the NH1
4349 on the 66
4399 remains @ Montgomery.
2630 on the 86 (Rhode Island Avenue Station)
2710 on the 23A (Crystal City)
2445 on the R4 (Brookland Station)
2411 on the 80 (Kennedy Center)
2391 on the 80 (Ft Totten)
IS 9610 STILL @ CET?
FOR THE LAST TIME
RIDE ON BUSES HAVE FOUR DIGIT NUMBERS. REPORT FOUR DIGITS. NON-COMPLIANT POSTS WILL BE DELETED.
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 22, 2008, 06:51:52 PM
Today's sightings
Ride On
5578 61 @ Shady Grove
5997 55 @ Shady Grove
(I'm surprised I saw this bus out today)
5148 43 @ Shady Grove
I didn't know Nicholson ran the 43 on weekends.
Also, does anybody know anything about Montrose & 355 becoming an interchange?
Yes, this intersection will be quite the road project for quite some time. This is the completion of the Montrose Parkway project that begins further west on Montrose Road near I-270. They are eliminating the at-grade intersection at 355 and Montrose/Randolph and putting in an underpass so that Montrose/Randolph will run under 355 and under the CSX railroad crossing. This will eliminate a huge traffic congestion problem. I can hardly wait for it to be completed. Any rail traffic on CSX (MARC/AMTRAK/CSX) can back up traffic on Montrose/Randolph for blocks. You should see what happens when a slow moving unit coal train passes through during the rush hour!!!
Quote from: WMAveteran on November 24, 2008, 12:20:42 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 22, 2008, 06:51:52 PM
Today's sightings
Ride On
5578 61 @ Shady Grove
5997 55 @ Shady Grove
(I'm surprised I saw this bus out today)
5148 43 @ Shady Grove
I didn't know Nicholson ran the 43 on weekends.
Also, does anybody know anything about Montrose & 355 becoming an interchange?
Yes, this intersection will be quite the road project for quite some time. This is the completion of the Montrose Parkway project that begins further west on Montrose Road near I-270. They are eliminating the at-grade intersection at 355 and Montrose/Randolph and putting in an underpass so that Montrose/Randolph will run under 355 and under the CSX railroad crossing. This will eliminate a huge traffic congestion problem. I can hardly wait for it to be completed. Any rail traffic on CSX (MARC/AMTRAK/CSX) can back up traffic on Montrose/Randolph for blocks. You should see what happens when a slow moving unit coal train passes through during the rush hour!!!
I'm really glad to hear this, that intersection can be a living nightmare at times, I can't wait till it's done!
Ride On
5004 18 @ Silver Spring
(This shocked me so much I didn't have time to get pics :()
5730 15 @ Silver Spring & Langley Park
Metrobus
5311 70 leaving Silver Spring
(I have yet to get pics of this bus)
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 24, 2008, 10:40:28 AM
Ride On
5004 18 @ Silver Spring
(This shocked me so much I didn't have time to get pics :()
There are 4 baby G's out running this morning, 5001,5002,5003 & 5004. I'm going to try and catch one this afternoon hopefully.....
I should've ridden this one, but it came on my kinda suddenly plus I was eating my breakfast nearly choked when I saw it :D. Also, do these have the radios already installed?
It's nice that Ride On puts new buses out to service within a short period of delivery. Wasn't it just last week when the babys were delivered?
Well tonight (11/24/08) I rode baby G 5003 & 5004. They do have the stop announcement system sign but not the system or radio as of yet. 5005 also made it to service this afternoon. That leaves 5006 still MIA.
Also to note, saw 5731 at the Silver Spring garage this afternoon but didn't get any pics (sorry in a rush) which means the brand new 40 footers (5731-5746) are starting to come in.
I knew some would end up on the 45! How often will the 45 see them? Fallsgrove is the nearest Nicholson terminal near my home, and it would be more convenient for me.
Also, are there any differences between 5726-5730 and the new 5700s?
Chris, do they have the same powertrain as their cousins?
Looks like Ride On's 5545 which went to Gaithersburg recently has managed to find it's way back to Silver Spring. I saw it on the 17 this afternoon.
9313 on the R2.
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 24, 2008, 10:19:15 PM
Chris, do they have the same powertrain as their cousins?
Most likely they do because there as quiet as 5726-5730. I never popped the hood to find out.
QuoteAlso, are there any differences between 5726-5730 and the new 5700s?
Like I stated earlier, I did'nt even get to look at it because I was in a rush. I'll try and find out when I get time one of these days.
Wayne, I saw 5545 on the 22 to Hillandale this morning (11/25/08) when I was in White Oak.
Also saw 9387 on the K6 to Fort Rotten....
RIDE ON:
085002 on the VanGo
965396 on the 15 (Langley Park)
METROBUS:
9412 remains @ Montgomery.
9771 remains @ Montgomery.
4349 on the 42 (Metro Center)
4396 remains @ Montgomery.
2096 on the C2, remains unrehabbed
2825 on the 79 (Archives)
(NOTE: 2825 is a regular Metrobus.)
2396 on the R2 (Calverton & then to Ft Totten)
2320 on the R2 (Calverton)
I don't care what Ride On bus drivers say. Just post the number correctly or don't post it at all.
Stop thinking about yourselves and your convenience and whatever you're thinking about when you take such shortcuts and instead think about what would happen if someone who isn't "in the know" reads some of the information posted on this site. Would they understand what "FMR" is and why some Ride On buses sometimes have 3-digit numbers, why others have 4-digit numbers, and why still others have 6-digit numbers?
That's why I take such a hard line on this issue. The purpose of this site is to preserve information about transit - that means CORRECT information that ANYONE can comprehend years into the future.
It works for Ride On because it involves Ride On drivers conveying information to Ride On dispatchers and Ride On coordinators. If you bring it here, now there's who knows how many people from how many places who know NOTHING about Ride On are perusing this information. That's why The Grapevine was created - so you can share things you heard that might be of interest but are not sure about the actual factual value of those things. It's all to make sure that the information that WE are putting out there is correct, or as close to correct as we can get.
So please go with me on this. Four-digit numbers. Years are not required - they aren't a part of the bus number. Fives are required. They ARE a part of the bus number.
No "N4" (unless it's a route number!) or "JGB" or whatever without explaining what it is. No obscure references to things no one has heard of except you and 3 other people. It doesn't take that much more energy to "spell it out", but it saves a lot of energy from having to clarify and demystify when someone gets confused.
Thanks for your cooperation.
The '5" designation is given to Transit. But also it's easy to keep it that way when you have less than 1,000 buses at at ime.
RIDE ON:
015591 on the 10 (Hillandale)
METROBUS:
9331 on the 28T with an A block
9398 on the 28B with an R block
9377 on the 28B with an R block
4311 on the K6 & is no longer wrapped in the MINI ad
PRTC OMNIRIDE:
182 on the Gainesville-Linton Hall Road route & is now wrapped in the Dale City Fire ad
145 on the Gainesville-Linton Hall Road route
I took a bus trip to dc today. I've seen some unusual sightings today, like the the B30 with non B30 buses.
These are all my sightings. Every bus I've seen today. I managed to get all of theses thanks to the Notepad feature in my phone. The sightings with an asterisk are the buses I was on.
Orion V's
4395 on the B30*,
4290, 2155 on the 92
2151, 4288 on the 90
4210 on the P6
4266 on the 96
4344 on the 32
2112 on the 54
4315 on the K6
2173 on the 36 (W302) ( To Bradon: Northern doesn't do the 32,36 line. If you see some 2100's on these lines, they are Western's)
3911 on the L99 (Employee Shuttle)
4291 on the S4
4319 on the Q2
Orion VI's
2032 on the T16
2019 on the B30 (I was shocked when I saw this)
2001 on the 89M
2028 on the 89
2002 on the R12
2015 on the A12
2031*, 2030 on the F14
2088 on the Q2
2070 on the C8
Orion VII's
2633 Not in Service but with a BM10 Block. What route was this on?
2636*, 2584, 2582 on the N22
2615 was on the N22 as well but I thought 2615 was at Bladensburg
2635 on the R3
2629 on the D6
3001 on the U4
3021 on the D8
3002 on the D4
Neoplans/NABI's
5412, 5407, 5405,5416, on the U8
5305, 5304, 5217, 5217, 5319, 5307, 5303, and 5305 on the 70
5321 on the 71
5226 on the X2
5205*, 5207 on the Y9
Flxibles
9711*, 9742. and 9709 on the R12
4031 on the M5
9749 on the S2 (Is this normal?)
9802 on the Z11
9805 on the C4
9816 on the J4
9725 on the T17
New Flyer
6198 on the C2 parked in front of Greenbelt Center
6142 on the F13
6174 on the F6
2304, 2369 on the U5
2315 on the U6
2305 on the X2
2440*, 2425, 2322, and 2390 on the V7
2319 on the U2
2360, 2312 on the P2
2442 on the D8
2462 on the D6*
2360, 2357 on the P6
2452 on the 79 ( I got a picture to prove it)
2801*, 2803, 2807, 2810, 2808 on the 79
6197 on the J2
6177 on the F6
6191 on the Q2
6022 on the Y9
6199, 6038*, 6187, 6016, 6188, 6023, and 6194 on the C2
61XX on the R12
6034, 6024, 6182, and 6189 on the C4
6040 on the B30 (LB01) (I was on this bus and I have a picture to prove it. This is the bus I rode back to BWI Airport)
Well that's it. All my observations today.
2452 on the 79. There must be a 2800 that is in the shop or something because there has been one block where there was a regular bus on it all week
As for 2019 and 6040 on the B30, I don't blame them for putting them on that route. I was pretty much banking on Metro putting in extras on that route to accomodate the crowds going to the airport. I'd like to see the pics.
I was at Greenbelt around 5 today and saw 4395 packed to the brim. I was on 4393 last night on LG11 heading to the airport and traffic was heavy into the airport. I guess people wanted to take the cheap way to the airport. Maybe we might see an increase in headways on this line in the future.
Did anybody ride the 5A or go around Rosslyn?
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 26, 2008, 09:34:21 PM
As for 2019 and 6040 on the B30, I don't blame them for putting them on that route. I was pretty much banking on Metro putting in extras on that route to accomodate the crowds going to the airport. I'd like to see the pics.
Yup. At Greenbelt one of the Meto police officers told said that extra B30's would be put because of the Holiday. And, as fait would have it 6040 comes on in. Unfortunately when we got to the Airport the driver had already but the sign to "NOT IN SERVICE". But it was still reading "EXPRESS" as well, so I just snapped a pic of that and I got 2452 on the 79
Also "B772" wouldn't haven't to be that block you're talking about would it? Also does Northern have any Flxibles?
Non-B30 buses on that route does happen here and there.. Back when Landover had 9831-9835, I saw one of those heading up the parkway. I've also seen hybrids a few times on the B30. Also - you can occasionally see the dedicated B30 buses doing other Landover routes
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on November 26, 2008, 09:34:21 PM
2452 on the 79. There must be a 2800 that is in the shop or something because there has been one block where there was a regular bus on it all week
As for 2019 and 6040 on the B30, I don't blame them for putting them on that route. I was pretty much banking on Metro putting in extras on that route to accomodate the crowds going to the airport. I'd like to see the pics.
I was at Greenbelt around 5 today and saw 4395 packed to the brim. I was on 4393 last night on LG11 heading to the airport and traffic was heavy into the airport. I guess people wanted to take the cheap way to the airport. Maybe we might see an increase in headways on this line in the future.
Did anybody ride the 5A or go around Rosslyn?
I can confirm that - went past Bladensburg today and saw one sitting there, and it was about 5:00 PM so it shoulda been out if it was going to go out.
QuoteMaybe we might see an increase in headways on this line in the future.
There is no need to increase B30 service the rest of the year just because the day before Thanksgiving is heavy. The B30 will see as much service as Maryland is willing to pay for and not a trip more.
METROBUS:
9749 remains @ Northern.
Does anybody know how may 9700's Northern currently has? I was pretty shocked when I saw one on the S2.
Currently it is 9748-9764, and 9775-9785 stored at Northern, I maybe off a few numbers.
I saw 2452 on the 79 yesterday and i took a pic but it wasnt good but i saw 2685 on the F4 a couple months ago before i got my cam
Quote from: WES on November 27, 2008, 11:28:43 AM
Currently it is 9748-9764, and 9775-9785 stored at Northern, I maybe off a few numbers.
Thanks
Quote from: DE40LFR on November 27, 2008, 11:55:57 AM
I saw 2452 on the 79 yesterday and i took a pic but it wasnt good but i saw 2685 on the F4 a couple months ago before i got my cam
2685 on the F4? Landover must have been borrowing it for some reason.
Quote from: WES on November 27, 2008, 11:28:43 AM
Currently it is 9748-9764, and 9775-9785 stored at Northern, I maybe off a few numbers.
9764 remains @ Montgomery.
NORTHERN
9746-9768
9771-9785
LANDOVER HAS 9769-9770
9705-9736,9744
MONTGOMERY
9701-9704,9737-9743,9745
9801-9835
Quote from: wmata employee on November 27, 2008, 03:03:26 PM
NORTHERN
9746-9768
9771-9785
LANDOVER HAS 9769-9770
9705-9736,9744
MONTGOMERY
9701-9704,9737-9743,9745
9801-9835
NO! LANDOVER HAS 9701-9747; MONTGOMERY HAS 9764-9774; AND NORTHERN HAS 9748-9763 & 9775-9785! MONTGOMERY HAS ALL OF THE 9800s! ALL OF THE 9700s WILL SOON MOVE TO ROYAL!
Isn't 2685 a REX bus?
Saw 3001 on the H4 to Brookland. I have never seen a 30 footer on this route until today (11/27/08).
Quote from: Tristan on November 27, 2008, 09:16:09 PM
Isn't 2685 a REX bus?
Tristan, you are correct. 2685 is indeed a REX bus. All REX buses operate out of Four Mile Run.
I know, it was a leading question. So it was really on the F4 huh?
Out of all the buses to borrow from FMR, why a REX bus?
Quote from: ChristopherF on November 27, 2008, 06:03:45 PM
Quote from: wmata employee on November 27, 2008, 03:03:26 PM
NORTHERN
9746-9768
9771-9785
LANDOVER HAS 9769-9770
9705-9736,9744
MONTGOMERY
9701-9704,9737-9743,9745
9801-9835
NO! LANDOVER HAS 9701-9747; MONTGOMERY HAS 9764-9774; AND NORTHERN HAS 9748-9763 & 9775-9785! MONTGOMERY HAS ALL OF THE 9800s! ALL OF THE 9700s WILL SOON MOVE TO ROYAL!
Please cite your sources if you are going to shout at someone saying they are incorrect.
Quote from: NGOrion on November 28, 2008, 09:47:00 AM
Out of all the buses to borrow from FMR, why a REX bus?
I guess if they need a bus, if there's an extra REX bus (there's probably a couple more painted up than are actually used on peak) sitting around, they'd send that (since they can't use it on other routes from that garage, in theory) rather than sending a standard bus.
it was 26 something maybe it was b4 it got the REX paint scheme but i waz sure it was an Orion VII my mouth waa wide open lol
there has been a lot of bus movements threw out the system due to shortages.
EDIT by Tristan: Inflammatory remark removed to prevent flame war & general aggravation. I have already requested that ChristopherF identify his sources; until then, please refrain from commenting on situation.
Quote from: DE40LFR on November 28, 2008, 12:00:40 PM
it was 26 something maybe it was b4 it got the REX paint scheme but i waz sure it was an Orion VII my mouth waa wide open lol
The REX-designated Orion VIIs did not operate before they were painted; how long ago was this?
aboiut 5-6 months ago it was just one time maybe it was not in service
About an hour ago, I saw WMATA Orion V 2200 on outbound River Road near Goldsboro doing what appeared to be some sort of training exercise. The signs all said NOT IN SERVICE, and the bus pulled over into the shoulder, and then pulled back out into the travel lanes both at Ogden Road and on the nearside at Goldsboro (although the stop is at the farside). The driver was wearing a orange safety vest and there seemed to be someone sitting in the first passenger seat on the right side because the driver kept turning back to look in that direction, but I couldn't see if there was in fact anyone there from where I was in my car. The bus had a Western block.
Quote from: wmata employee on November 27, 2008, 03:03:26 PM
NORTHERN
9746-9768
9771-9785
LANDOVER HAS 9769-9770
9705-9736,9744
MONTGOMERY
9701-9704,9737-9743,9745
9801-9835
Doesn't Bladensburg have some 9700s? There have been numerous sightings of them being on Bladensburg only routes by other members of this forum recently.
And also I saw one on the D8 a couple of weeks ago.
I saw Alsthom car 6000 today on the Yellow Line! Interesting thing to note on that car is the big fleet number above the window line on the side of the car - by the vents. It's partner, 6001, doesn't have this fleet number unfortunately.
After riding 9744 on the F4, and making that lovely walk up the hill to the "Ride On section", I stumbled upon baby Gillig 5003, who was coming in and going out of service...maybe from the 18? I couldn't help but notice the bright orange seatbelt...it sure reminded me of a certain person!
For the sake of entertainment/memories, I threw myself onto a '95 Gillig, 5376, for the journey home. I just have to say...wow...no wonder I love to hate them so much! :)
BTW, PG THE BUS's Gillig Phantoms are nothing short of awesome, especially with a lead footed driver!
At least one and possibly two 40 foot Orion Vs on the N6 today (Saturday 11/29).
Right now there are about 3, maybe 4 DE42LFAs, sitting at Carmen E Turner. Saw 3 this morning and there might have been a fourth one right behind the other 3.
I also saw 5311 today (11/29) on M Street near the Arena Stage. I forget the exact cross street and didn't get the best view of the bus since I was driving, but I'm still not a fan of the new scheme.
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on November 29, 2008, 07:45:42 PM
At least one and possibly two 40 foot Orion Vs on the N6 today (Saturday 11/29).
I used to live on the N routes, its not uncommon for full size vehicles to operate the N6 at weekends.
Quote from: CENTRALSMT on November 29, 2008, 10:57:44 PM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on November 29, 2008, 07:45:42 PM
At least one and possibly two 40 foot Orion Vs on the N6 today (Saturday 11/29).
I used to live on the N routes, its not uncommon for full size vehicles to operate the N6 at weekends.
I've been living close to the N routes for over 15 years and in my experience, it is unusual, though it has become more common as of late since fewer Orion IIs are available.
Quote from: WES on November 29, 2008, 10:27:10 PM
Right now there are about 3, maybe 4 DE42LFAs, sitting at Carmen E Turner. Saw 3 this morning and there might have been a fourth one right behind the other 3.
Cleaing one's glasses would help, it was just 6301 and two NABI BRTs sitting next to each other. The way they were parked it looked like 3 Flyers but again one Flyer 2 NABIs. There are still about 4 NABIs that looks like it hasn't seen service yet, and of course your Metro Bs, Orion IIs, 4307 and a few other buses.
Oh well.
Quote from: Tritransit Area on November 29, 2008, 02:47:58 AM
I saw Alsthom car 6000 today on the Yellow Line! Interesting thing to note on that car is the big fleet number above the window line on the side of the car - by the vents. It's partner, 6001, doesn't have this fleet number unfortunately.
Some 4000s and other 6000s (I think I saw some Rohrs too) are getting the same treatment. I guess they don't need 6001 because they are in married pairs, and the odd number is higher - so if you see 6000, you know (or those who need to know, that is) that the other car is 6001, and the number is only at the B-end of each car, so you know that the car next to the number is still in the pair.
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on November 30, 2008, 12:02:37 AM
Quote from: CENTRALSMT on November 29, 2008, 10:57:44 PM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on November 29, 2008, 07:45:42 PM
At least one and possibly two 40 foot Orion Vs on the N6 today (Saturday 11/29).
I used to live on the N routes, its not uncommon for full size vehicles to operate the N6 at weekends.
I've been living close to the N routes for over 15 years and in my experience, it is unusual, though it has become more common as of late since fewer Orion IIs are available.
??? Then its quite common then surely?
Quote from: CENTRALSMT on December 01, 2008, 10:28:28 AM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on November 30, 2008, 12:02:37 AM
Quote from: CENTRALSMT on November 29, 2008, 10:57:44 PM
Quote from: WMATAGMOAGH on November 29, 2008, 07:45:42 PM
At least one and possibly two 40 foot Orion Vs on the N6 today (Saturday 11/29).
I used to live on the N routes, its not uncommon for full size vehicles to operate the N6 at weekends.
I've been living close to the N routes for over 15 years and in my experience, it is unusual, though it has become more common as of late since fewer Orion IIs are available.
??? Then its quite common then surely?
I didn't want to come across as overly harsh on the last post. The N6 has a pretty low bus requirement. In my experience, the N6 was only Orion IIs from the time they came online in 1999 until fairly recently. The N6 started getting the 3900 Series Orion Vs once those came to Western on occasion, and they also seemed to change up the blocking so that the 40 footers that did the N2 and N4 during the day remained on the N6 for the evening on weekdays. However, I can't recall the last time I saw a 40 footer on the N6 on a weekend.
I concur with Oren's observation, that it was mostly shorties.
Metrobus
2547 D3 WD17 @ N. Capitol & Mass
9338 X3 BX83 @ Georgia/Florida
Ride On
5004 17 @ Langley Park
5727 20 @ Silver Spring
5729 15 @ Langley Park & Silver Spring
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 01, 2008, 02:18:14 PM
Metrobus
2547 D3 WD17 @ N. Capitol & Mass
9338 X3 BX83 @ Georgia/Florida
So one of the 2500's are being borrowed by Western now? Why?
Quote from: NGOrion on December 01, 2008, 02:42:47 PM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 01, 2008, 02:18:14 PM
Metrobus
2547 D3 WD17 @ N. Capitol & Mass
9338 X3 BX83 @ Georgia/Florida
So one of the 2500's are being borrowed by Western now? Why?
It's not that. A BBurg bus was filling in for this block. It was explained before about fill ins and such. Normally, BBurg runs the D3 with Western though I have seen some Western buses on the D6. I thought it was two D3s (one late, one on-time) but when I saw 2547 had WD17 block, that caught my attention.
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 01, 2008, 02:18:14 PM
Ride On
5004 17 @ Langley Park
I can tell you that it was NOT on the 17, try the 18.
Quote from: rideonrulez on December 01, 2008, 03:30:19 PM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 01, 2008, 02:18:14 PM
Ride On
5004 17 @ Langley Park
I can tell you that it was NOT on the 17, try the 18.
Oops. I meant 18. I just got off the 17 when I saw it. :P
Quote from: rideonrulez on December 01, 2008, 03:30:19 PM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 01, 2008, 02:18:14 PM
Ride On
5004 17 @ Langley Park
I can tell you that it was NOT on the 17, try the 18.
Thanks for that update. The 17 report seemed off when I read it.
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 01, 2008, 03:09:14 PM
Quote from: NGOrion on December 01, 2008, 02:42:47 PM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 01, 2008, 02:18:14 PM
Metrobus
2547 D3 WD17 @ N. Capitol & Mass
9338 X3 BX83 @ Georgia/Florida
So one of the 2500's are being borrowed by Western now? Why?
It's not that. A BBurg bus was filling in for this block. It was explained before about fill ins and such. Normally, BBurg runs the D3 with Western though I have seen some Western buses on the D6. I thought it was two D3s (one late, one on-time) but when I saw 2547 had WD17 block, that caught my attention.
I'm pretty sure (and 99% positive) this is the assignment for the D routes:
D1: Bladensburg only
D5: Bladensburg/Western
D6: Bladensburg/Western
As for the D3, I'm not sure it has any blocks scheduled to come out of Western, since only a few of its AM trips make it up to Sibley Hospital and none of its PM trips go there. Also, the D3s that do make it to Sibley are the first two trips of the morning, so it wouldn't be all that logical for those buses to deadhead from Western to Ivy City, run up to Sibley Hospital, and then stay on as D6s. The only other possibility I can think of is if there is interlining between the Ds and Es at Ivy City.
I have seen some Western buses on the D3. If they do run in the evening rush, they might interline with the E line at Ivy City. That would seem fit for them. It's only recently that I've started seeing Bladensburg buses on the D3 and Western buses on the D6. It's usually in the evening when I see Western D6 buses. The deadhead from Sibley doesn't seem that long back to Western as opposed to Ivy City to Western.
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on December 01, 2008, 04:12:08 PM
I have seen some Western buses on the D3. If they do run in the evening rush, they might interline with the E line at Ivy City. That would seem fit for them. It's only recently that I've started seeing Bladensburg buses on the D3 and Western buses on the D6. It's usually in the evening when I see Western D6 buses. The deadhead from Sibley doesn't seem that long back to Western as opposed to Ivy City to Western.
Who said anything about it being a difficult deadhead from Sibley to Western or vice versa? If the buses are allowed to use the Dalecarlia Parkway (which I doubt they are, I'm pretty sure that road is for cars only), the deadhead from Western to Sibley would take 10 minutes. If they have to go via Loughborogh Nebraska, and Wisconsin, it should be 15 at most.
I would see Western buses laying over at Stadium-Armory at the D6 bay when walking from the Metro to RFK for Nationals games on multiple occasions.
Hold on. I thought ALL the 2500's were at Four Mile Run. I thought the only Orion VII 40fts Bladensburg had was some 2600's. Thats why I was asking. Before I saw your post I thought all the 2500's were still at Four Mile Run. You said you saw 2547 on the D3 with a Western block. Well I was still thinking that FMR still had all the 2500's which prompt me to ask if Western was borrowing it from them.
So which 2500's and 2600's does Bladensburg have now?
I know Western does the D3, I don't know about Bladensburg though.
Quote from: NGOrion on December 01, 2008, 06:12:59 PM
Hold on. I thought ALL the 2500's were at Four Mile Run. I thought the only Orion VII 40fts Bladensburg had was some 2600's. Thats why I was asking. Before I saw your post I thought all the 2500's were still at Four Mile Run. You said you saw 2547 on the D3 with a Western block. Well I was still thinking that FMR still had all the 2500's which prompt me to ask if Western was borrowing it from them.
So which 2500's and 2600's does Bladensburg have now?
I believe 2547 was only a loaner for that block. Seeing that the D3 bus had a W block, you can't make assumptions that the bus was borrowed from Bladensburg...some FMR buses do, in fact, fill in for some DC blocks.
Quote from: George on December 01, 2008, 06:27:29 PM
I know Western does the D3, I don't know about Bladensburg though.
Quote from: NGOrion on December 01, 2008, 06:12:59 PM
Hold on. I thought ALL the 2500's were at Four Mile Run. I thought the only Orion VII 40fts Bladensburg had was some 2600's. Thats why I was asking. Before I saw your post I thought all the 2500's were still at Four Mile Run. You said you saw 2547 on the D3 with a Western block. Well I was still thinking that FMR still had all the 2500's which prompt me to ask if Western was borrowing it from them.
So which 2500's and 2600's does Bladensburg have now?
I believe 2547 was only a loaner for that block. Seeing that the D3 bus had a W block, you can't make assumptions that the bus was borrowed from Bladensburg...some FMR buses do, in fact, fill in for some DC blocks.
Crap. I forgot it was a Four Mile bus. I got it confused with the middle 2600s at BBurg.
^^
Yeah. So my guess is that Western is borrowing it for testing on its routes. Probably because of the new buses they're going to get.
Quote from: NGOrion on December 01, 2008, 10:05:31 PM
^^
Yeah. So my guess is that Western is borrowing it for testing on its routes. Probably because of the new buses they're going to get.
I don't think it can fit in the division...