DC Area Transit Zone

The Present => DC Transit Today => Topic started by: OrionFlyer on October 08, 2008, 08:55:03 AM

Title: The N22 is like the best bus route ever.
Post by: OrionFlyer on October 08, 2008, 08:55:03 AM
With a 10 minute frequency up to the time it stops running. I think its the best route in the WMATA system. I like it so much that I rode it to and from Union Station 4 times yesterday.

Why does this route have a 10 minute frequency up to the time it ends at night? Also, one of the N22's I was on was a 2700. Those racks on top of those coach bus lights, are they really luggage racks?
Title: Re: The N22 is like the best bus route ever.
Post by: 79MetroExtraMD on October 08, 2008, 10:42:01 AM
Quote from: NGOrion on October 08, 2008, 08:55:03 AM
With a 10 minute frequency up to the time it stops running. I think its the best route in the WMATA system. I like it so much that I rode it to and from Union Station 4 times yesterday.

Why does this route have a 10 minute frequency up to the time it ends at night? Also, one of the N22's I was on was a 2700. Those racks on top of those coach bus lights, are they really luggage racks?

The 2700s have luggage racks. Those buses were mainly suited for the 5A but get shifted around to other runs so it's no biggie to see one on the N22.

The N22 used to run weekday rush hours only to shuttle people from Union Station to the Navy Yard complex, but after the opening of Nationals Stadium (and the apparent closing of Southeast who used to run the N22), the N22 became full time 7 days a week.
Title: Re: The N22 is like the best bus route ever.
Post by: WayneNYC on October 08, 2008, 11:17:33 AM
Quote from: 79MetroExtraMD on October 08, 2008, 10:42:01 AM
The 2700s have luggage racks. Those buses were mainly suited for the 5A but get shifted around to other runs so it's no biggie to see one on the N22.


Although the 5A uses 2700s I suspect their main purpose is for all of FMR express routes.
Title: Re: The N22 is like the best bus route ever.
Post by: Tristan on October 08, 2008, 11:53:04 AM
Yea there are 30 of them, I don't think the 5A needs that many buses!
Title: Re: The N22 is like the best bus route ever.
Post by: OrionFlyer on October 08, 2008, 12:36:46 PM
The New Flyer Suburbans have those racks too. I saw one on the C2 yesterday. Are those only at Montgomery?
Title: Re: The N22 is like the best bus route ever.
Post by: NewFlyer9736BCT on October 08, 2008, 12:42:57 PM
Quote from: NGOrion on October 08, 2008, 12:36:46 PM
The New Flyer Suburbans have those racks too. I saw one on the C2 yesterday. Are those only at Montgomery?

Yep, 6179-6217 are at Montgomery only (the suburbans are 6206-6217)

And just like FMR, Montgomery's suburbans are mainly used for certain lines (in this case, J7, J9, and I think some of the Z routes) but they get frequently placed on other lines.
Title: Re: The N22 is like the best bus route ever.
Post by: Scrabbleship on October 08, 2008, 06:46:50 PM
Quote from: George on October 08, 2008, 12:42:57 PM
Quote from: NGOrion on October 08, 2008, 12:36:46 PM
The New Flyer Suburbans have those racks too. I saw one on the C2 yesterday. Are those only at Montgomery?

Yep, 6179-6217 are at Montgomery only (the suburbans are 6206-6217)

And just like FMR, Montgomery's suburbans are mainly used for certain lines (in this case, J7, J9, and I think some of the Z routes) but they get frequently placed on other lines.

They are also staples on the J5. I can count on both times, in 3.5 months I have taken the J5 to work every day, that I haven't gotten a D40LFR suburban in the morning. Afternoons are another story.

They also are regulars on the weekday L8.
Title: Re: The N22 is like the best bus route ever.
Post by: WMATAGMOAGH on October 09, 2008, 10:40:46 PM
They also wind up on the T2 with some regularity.